Off Topic Messages

Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:45 pm

Steven Butler, C'mon be honest, you were more interested in attacking the Doc.

What kind of person would try and score political points from such a tragedy!?

The picture IS funny because of the juxtaposition.

Bush may be hit by a storm himself as the truth sinks in!

Now that's plain enough coming from a pretty fast right winger who was often seen on Man United's training ground (the Cliff) Salford City Lancs, 1955/56.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:49 pm

Yeah thats soooooo funny Doc.

We have went from attacking leaders because of decisions they make to saying they look like monkeys or trying to find stupid uninentional reference pics like the one first posted.

How about talking about the issues head on instead of trying to score every childish low blow possible. Is no one interested in facts anymore? Is everyone so intent on hating the president, that they will dismiss every part of the problem that leads up to it.

Maurice have you even bothered to understand American government. Even Doc ignored my post to him...because he simply doesn't want to know. You have the hard truth staring you right in the face and you just choose to stay blind.

Admit it Maurice..no matter what George Bush Jr. did you would still wanna nail him to the cross...am I correct? Could he have ever done anything right??

Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:14 pm

genisem, believe it or not our great many newspapers, plus our numerous radio and tv commentators keep us very well informed indeed. BBC4, Channel4TV, ITV, RTE, TV3, CNN, ETC. I'm a particularly curious and extremely thoughtful guy.

The American Federal goverment system is pretty easy to understand.....it's not exactly rocket science.

According to recent polls Bush appears to be very unpopular in the U.S.A. at the moment. "The Irish Times", Cartoon above is pretty accurate.

I'm far to busy building a Celtic garden to become deeply involved in pointless rhetoric for the sake of it.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:12 pm

What does "popularity" have to do with it?

How about starting with the TRUTH, rather then opinions of a news reporter.

I am speaking of right and wrong. If you understand the American governement, then why do you repeatedly go after George Bush about a local disaster..or say that HE failed?

I'm far to busy building a Celtic garden to become deeply involved in pointless rhetoric for the sake of it.

Why be bothered with facts, when you are making your garden across the globe.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:29 pm

genisem, digest this while I have an evening meal.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/10092005/325/r ... overs.html

It's not only a few here on this message board who are questioning GWB's inaction. Most of the thinking world is!

Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:32 pm

So I was correct when I said you can't think for yourself?

Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:06 pm

genisem, No you are not correct. I always think for myself... that's why I get into so much trouble on here...and elsewhere:-)

I'm not taking the bait..you are obviously so right, I'm better employed heaving rocks around our garden, and carving Celtic themes on them.
If only I had one this size......wait till I find the link!

http://www.knowth.com/ireland/newgrange.jpg

Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:05 pm

Steven Butler, C'mon be honest, you were more interested in attacking the Doc.

What kind of person would try and score political points from such a tragedy!?

No, I am not more interested in attacking the "Doc".

Dr Carpenter would, and did, try and score political points from such a tragedy. And the picture is NOT funny, precisely because of the juxtaposition.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:10 pm

genesim wrote:What does "popularity" have to do with it?

How about starting with the TRUTH, rather then opinions of a news reporter.

I am speaking of right and wrong. If you understand the American governement, then why do you repeatedly go after George Bush about a local disaster..or say that HE failed?

Yeah - fair point.

Okay, Bush was wrong and he failed.

Sorted, now work to get the buffoon out before his term naturally throws him out.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:14 pm

Is that the condescending attitude creeping in? Did you not learn from the last debate?

Apparently you can't keep crying wolf.

I never said that Bush was wrong, and quit LYING to prove your pitiful point.

MauriceinIreland wrote:genisem, No you are not correct. I always think for myself... that's why I get into so much trouble on here...and elsewhere:-)

No arguement there. Maybe that is the problem then.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:34 pm

Doc

What's with all those stupid political threads you started recently: FOX News Gets It Right, For Once / A national disgrace / I Like Ike - Words Of Wisdom / Happy Birthday, Bill Clinton!? All of them written with the intention to stir this board up. You're not going to change any political views with these provocations. And I think, by now everyone on this board knows your dislike of Bush, so there's no reason to state that again and again and again.

This last thread you started is utterly tasteless. As Stephen rightly pointed out, it is absolutely ill-timed and, no, it is not funny.

I like this board and I see your contribution to making this the hostile place it is at the moment and that's what really annoys me.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:37 pm

Be careful Torben..your gonna get this one locked...oh wait nevermind it is a Doc post...NOT POSSIBLE.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:41 pm

genesim

you wrote:Be careful Torben..your gonna get this one locked...

If only. :D

Re: FOX News Gets It Right, For Once

Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:42 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:From the online version of the Register, a UK newspaper:

DJC
Funny that no one has noticed that the screen capture is not FoxNews...

(and I know the network it is, and related or not, it is NOT FoxNews)

Thank you very much.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:43 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Talk about Urban Legends run amuck!!

"Independence limited...freedom of choice is made for you my friend...freedom with their EXCEPTION!!"

Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:44 pm

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 4?v=glance

I'm Bushwhacked too:-)

The action and inaction of Bush has the thinking world totally perplexed,
and fools here concentrate on a tasteless post! Now that's Funny too!!!

genisem, some of us have seen American goverments in action for many decades and have seen all to clearly the machinations. Political Laws are made to be broken! That's why you had your revolution in the first place!

Bush's Incompetence in War and Peace is becoming Folklore!

Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:38 am

Stephen Butler wrote:How ironic of you to point out that there are hundreds of choices to make, and yet your threads invariably have one theme.

When you begin a post with a disingenuous statement, the rest of your words are worthless.

The majority of my contributions to this MB are on the man and his music. Feel free to do a search and learn for yourself, and be sure to relay your findings to your equally-misinformed boardmate Torben.

If one doesn't appreciate the humour in the image or dislikes this particular thread, simply find another to your liking.

DJC

Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:35 am

Doc

The last five threads you started were all political. Everyone who does as search can easily find this out. And it's not primarily about disliking this particular thread. It's about you constantly stirring up this board. And you know all of this.

Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:52 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:When you begin a post with a disingenuous statement, the rest of your words are worthless.

I didn't, and they are not.

If I don't appreciate the "humour", I simply say so. I don't think it would take a rocket scientist to work out that the vast majority of your recent threads in the Off Topic section are invariably of one theme.

I believe threads related to "the man and his music" go in the All Elvis section.

Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:42 pm

Political Laws are made to be broken!

So that is the mindset involved here. Sorry, but I believe there is a right way and a wrong way to go about things.

The answer is..if the law is unjust then change the constitution. If that is exhausted, then that is a where a revolution sets in. To do so otherwise is self defeating.

Though I have heard very few...including Doc admit that there was a problem on the local level at all, so how could we ever prove the system doesn't work?

That is how some are so dim.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I am still waiting for the "fox" news edit. :lol: :lol: Seems like the "one theme" has ran out of steam. This isn't something ran into by accident, this was something the Doc was seeking out. That is how deep the hate is set in. Whatever happened to trying to help your government and hoping for the best? Bush is here till 2008 like it or not.

I have said it many times. Even when I hated Clinton, I saved my criticism till after he was out of there. That included this board. I wanted him to do better...I prayed for it. Because it is in the best interest of the country.