Off Topic Messages

FOX News Gets It Right, For Once

Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:51 pm

From the online version of the Register, a UK newspaper:

DJC

Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:57 pm

Never miss an opportunity. Do you, Doc?

Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:57 pm

Doc how many anti-Bush posts are you gonna start?

Somebody pull this sh*t PLEASE!

Funny how one post dedicated to Michael Moore, the LONE pollitical post that I EVER started, was deleted within hours, yet Doc can post numerous ones without a notice.

Gee Jeff D, and you said there is no favoritism from the admin.

Anything for "their boy".

Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:10 am

genesim wrote:Doc how many anti-Bush posts are you gonna start?

FOX, your favorite network, is anything BUT anti-Bush, and you know it.

DJC

Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:29 am

Why would you assume that? I actually watch CNN the most despite its obvious slantings.

Don't you think the post is a bit childish? Course not....cause your hate is that deep. Anything to start another anti-president debate.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:15 am

On Palm Sunday, 1994, a killer tornado destroyed homes in northwestern Alabama and here in my hometown in Georgia.

Since Bill Clinton was in charge during this weather event, I am holding him responsible for that happening, just as you and all of the other far-left "kool aide" drinkers blame George Bush for this disaster.

True, Bush did not react fast enough, but neither did the director of FEMA, Homeland Security, The Governor of Louisiana, and the mayor of New Orleans. I suggest the far left loonies put the glasses of "kool aide" down and try sipping some "facts" for a change - you might learn to like it. :D
Last edited by Big Boss Man on Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:55 am

All of the world's problems are George W's fault! don't you people understand??

Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:13 am

There were 206 school buses sitting in a parking lot in New Orleans. When the order came to 'evacuate' - thousands of people flooded the
streets complaining that they had not car, gas, etc. to leave. The city
evacuation plan called for them to go to the Super Dome where busses would take them out of the city. But the busses didn't show up. Why?? They were all sitting in the parking lot.

Each of these buses holds 65 people. Mayor Ray Nagin could
have used these buses to haul people OUT OF NEW ORLEANS. 13,390
people per trip. They had two days warning. How many trips could
they have made to Baton Rouge before the storm hit?

Instead, Mayor Ray Nagin left this enormously valuable
resource sitting in a parking lot while he condemned President Bush
for not doing anything to help.

The way it works in this country is that the local jurisdictions are
responsible for having an emergency plan. The city and county, along with
the state are suppose to have a plan and the federal government will
support them. It is obvious that the local governments dropped the ball
and are now trying to blame the feds for everything.

Its always someone elses fault.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:27 am

Big Boss Man:

Absolutely spot on. I am no Bush fan, but I can tell you that these constant anti-Bush threads are as pointless as they are ill-timed. They also show utter disregard for the victims of this disaster, turning them into political goldfish to swim up and down the streets of New Orleans before the world's media. And I am sure they, like Dr Carpenter, would rather use their plight to stick needles into George Bush than actually have their lives saved. If the Republican party is not re-elected in 2008, then I am sure they will not have died in vain. September must be a quiet month for Dr Carpenter.

The reason why Bush got re-elected was because the Democrats couldn't, out of 300 million Americans, find a 3-dimensional candidate. All they had was a cardboard cutout with the word "Vietnam" repeated over and over on a tape machine. Now give it a frickin' rest and move on.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:15 am

Stephen Butler wrote:... I am no Bush fan ...

Mr. Butler -

Of course you're not.

First of all, the image above is funny -- an unintentional, yet ironic juxaposition. Do you check your sense of humour at the door before logging on?

Secondly, according to the democratic ideals of the US, there is NEVER anything wrong with demanding accountability from your leaders. They work for you, not the other way around. Perhaps such notions are lost on you, given the poodle who runs your government.

Finally, if you don't like this -- or other threads that discuss the topic -- SKIP IT. There are hundreds of choices you may make here, the power is yours to decide.

DJC

Re: FOX News Gets It Right, For Once

Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:20 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:From the online version of the Register, a UK newspaper: DJC

Well, if they said it, it must be true. :wink:

Doc, do you have to be crabby all the time? Smile once in a while, eh? As one of "The Mosquitoes" (Don't recall if it was Bingo, Bango, Bongo or Irving) said once in a legendary episode of "Gilligan's Island," you're "Wound up tighter than Presley's pants."

Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:42 am

KHoots wrote:Doc, do you have to be crabby all the time?

Never speak in absolutes, you'll often be mistaken.

Love,

DJC

Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:35 am

In no way am I giving Pres Bush "a pass" on this issue. I mean he should have cut his month long vacation short and gotten back to Washington in order to show true leadership in the matter, plus to ensure that all departments (fema, homeland seciurity, etc) were all on the same page and ready to move when the weather situation was clear.

However, it was the Gov of Louisiana who didn't call up the national guard sooner than it should've been, plus the mayor of New Orleans was providing bus transportation to all the major hotels in downtown in order to evacuate tourists rather than the poor and elderly! He also had a fleet of both school buses and public transportation buses at his disposal that he neglected to be used!

I think it's fair to say this whole thing has been a plain and simple "screw up", from the bottom all the way up to the top.

Lets all focus on ideas to help those who are suffering now and stop trying to force a radical - anti american agenda down our throats. There will be time for that when Hillary (God help us) takes center stage in 2008.
:cry:

Too much "kool aide" can be hazardous to your health, so put down that cup, along with the New York Times newspaper. :)

Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:50 am

Big Boss Man wrote:On Palm Sunday, 1994, a killer tornado destroyed homes in northwestern Alabama and here in my hometown in Georgia.

Since Bill Clinton was in charge during this weather event, I am holding him responsible for that happening, just as you and all of the other far-left "kool aide" drinkers blame George Bush for this disaster.

Funny you should mention this...

One thought that has been on my mind since this happened is this. In 1998 Hueytown Alabama was the victim of an F5 tornado, the destruction was incredible as you could imagine. If I remember correctly the path of destruction was 1 mile wide for about 20 miles...it was surreal the amount of suffering that took place.

Well here is the pont to my story, aid was almost instantanious. Furthermore Clinton was on site within 48 hours talking to the victims and offering support. I was very moved by this at the time and my opinion of him as a person was elevated as I am sure it had that effect on a lot of people that were close to the situation.

Then we have President Bush doing a complimentary fly by 48 hours after the devestation in NO. As my opinion of Clinton was changed a bit after that tragedy so has my opinion of Bush changed. Not necessarily on a political level but on a personal level.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:17 am

Hillary in 2008...bllllah ha ha ha ha...no wait..sorry....blah ha ha ha blahh ha ha. Boy you guys kill me.

Doc wrote:there is NEVER anything wrong with demanding accountability from your leaders.

Oh now you done it, I have completely pissed my pants over that one....blah ha ha ha.

Talk about drinking the Koolaid.

As far as the shaking hands part. Yeah yeah, Clinton never missed a photo op..doesn't make him a better person. This crap isn't necessarily better for the country. Visual presence is a waste of time. ACTION is more important. So what if Bush flew over, would setting the plane down have changed the drowning people? We have a potential Dawn Of the Dead scenario about to be unveiled, and people are still pointing fingers at the wrong department.

Bush wasn't just sitting on his ranch during his "vacation". He was conducting meetings and took the time to send the memorandum that could have saved Louissiana.

But yet again, notice how Docs posts seem to stay...maybe I should test the theory and start some of my own. Lets see how long they stay. If this keeps up, I will have plenty of them lined up.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:23 am

BBC Radio News this morning points out, the dead in New Orleans are STILL floating in the filthy water. The world continues to be appalled by the lack of respect for the poor of that region.

Whatever your politics, the total lack of urgency in dealing with the aftermath of the hurricane and it's victims, alive and dead, is a stain on the U.S. Goverment, national, and local!!!

The pic above is funny!

Hysterical and humourless people like Stephen Butler and genesim are just making total fools of themselves.
But what's new?

Methinks you should dive for cover Maurice. The usual untruthful and vitriolic rants will arrive soon:-)

Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:42 am

News reports than up to 10,000 people still refuse to leave New Orleans.

THOSE CITIZENS have no one to blame but themselves.

flooding of a city below sea level... duh.

Mother Nature is as much to blame as any elected official.

Know why Drjohncrapenter blames Bush and Bush alone?

Hmm? Why Doc doesn't aim blame and "disgrace" at State and local levels?

see below:

Image Governor is a Woman - Doc is a feminist

He can't spew his political venom at a woman.

Image Mayor is African-American

Doc can't spew his political venom at a black man.

So....... he Targets Bush for any and all things

Right Doc?
You're not so hard to figure out psychologically.
For you to complain about a black politician or female politician would tarnish that "super-sensitive liberal" reputation you feign.

If an asteroid hits the planet before January 20, 2009 --- guess what -
Bush's fault -
and Doc'll be angrily and pathetically posting here about it.

* yawn - get a life *

Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:34 pm

Dr Carpenter:

How ironic of you to point out that there are hundreds of choices to make, and yet your threads invariably have one theme. And how could I forget that the plight of thousands upon thousands of people along the Gulf Coast should be a target for my sense of humour. And how remiss of me not to appreciate that this kind of hysterical (yes, spectacle, you too), route-one political points scoring is utterly unconcerned for the feelings of the many thousands whose lives are forever changed by the actions of nature and by the non-actions of their local leaders.

I will speak slowly for Dr Carpenter's (and spectacle's) benefit: IT...IS...NOT...FUNNY.

Now, some may interpret this as hysteria. So be it. In a year's time Bruce Springsteen will have an album out about it and be making millions off a 2-year world tour like he did with 9/11, then we'll know the meaning of hysteria, when Dr Carpenter posts about that.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:56 pm

Nobody said the appalling tragedy was funny! That's the kind of stupid misinterpretation we have grown accustomed to here.

This cartoon from a very conservative newspaper today is not funny either!

Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:53 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
KHoots wrote:Doc, do you have to be crabby all the time?

Never speak in absolutes, you'll often be mistaken.

Love,
DJC

Just callin' 'em as I see 'em, Doc. Life is short. C'mon, get happy! :)

Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:49 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:First of all, the image above is funny -- an unintentional, yet ironic juxaposition.

Doc,

Your spelling is atrocious! It's spelt juxtaposition!

Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:04 pm

Mayor Nagin's speech:

http://www.atypical.net/mm/nagin.mp3

On and on he gripes about things not getting done, but when acting as Mayor he can order the change.

Here is a part that confuses me:

NAGIN: I need reinforcements, I need troops, man. I need 500 buses, man. We ain't talking about -- you know, one of the briefings we had, they were talking about getting public school bus drivers to come down here and bus people out here.

Oh so the School buses aren't good enough.....oh no we mustn't save lives. While he waited for the comfortable Greyhounds, the School busses flooded and were no longer usuable.

He could have saved up to 30,000 people, instead of griping about there not being air conditioning.

*Note Does somebody have a picture of that fleet of School busses before and after that they been showing on the news??? I can't find it.

I've got 15,000 to 20,000 people over at the convention center. It's bursting at the seams. The poor people in Plaquemines Parish. ... We don't have anything, and we're sharing with our brothers in Plaquemines Parish.

And who put them there? Who decided that a Flood pathway was the greatest place to house people with no significant food and supplies.

WWL: Do you believe that the president is seeing this, holding a news conference on it but can't do anything until [Louisiana Gov.] Kathleen Blanco requested him to do it? And do you know whether or not she has made that request?

NAGIN: I have no idea what they're doing.

And why doesn't he know? What the f*ck is a mayor for!!!

WWL: If some of the public called and they're right, that there's a law that the president, that the federal government can't do anything without local or state requests, would you request martial law?

NAGIN: I've already called for martial law in the city of New Orleans. We did that a few days ago.

WWL: Did the governor do that, too?

NAGIN: I don't know. I don't think so.

Exactly....but oh no..now that it is all over, now the mayor gets tough and makes everyone leave the city. Why not then? Why not before it got bad?

WWL: Well, you and I must be in the minority. Because apparently there's a section of our citizenry out there that thinks because of a law that says the federal government can't come in unless requested by the proper people, that everything that's going on to this point has been done as good as it can possibly be.

NAGIN: Really?

Uh huh...and you as mayor never heard of that little thing called the constituion?

Why doesn't Doc point one finger at where it should be?

I have never heard him once criticize the people directly resposible for the aftermath that escalated the tragedy.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:35 pm

Geno,

it's hard to make & keep this tragedy a race issue
when a black leader is - oops - responsible for the black people's plight in this case.

it's soooo much easier to blame the Prez.

Like I pointed out,
Doc avoids criticizing the black mayor or the woman governor
- his views won't allow him to do that.
He'd rather lie to himself, and lie to us, and post the kind of leftwing crap threads he does.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:13 pm

The sad part is how it is ever looked at from a racial perspective at all. Same goes for gender.

I look at it as the fault of two human beings. I don't look at the slang...but what is actually said in the interview. Through all that "passion" one thing stands out, a Mayor who hasn't a clue how to lead his people. An incompetent to the nth degree.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:19 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:First of all, the image above is funny -- an unintentional, yet ironic juxaposition. Do you check your sense of humour at the door before logging on?

Maurice wrote:Nobody said the appalling tragedy was funny! That's the kind of stupid misinterpretation we have grown accustomed to here.

That is the kind of stupid misinterpretation we've grown accustomed to here. If you read what I wrote, instead of resorting to hysteria, you would learn that I was talking about the use of images based on tragedy for the purposes of "humour" and simple-minded political points scoring.