Off Topic Messages

Lost- OK, I'm hooked!

Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:06 pm

I blind bought the Season 1 set of Lost Tuesday and finally got around to giving it a spin last night. WOW, I can certainly see what all the fuss has been about. After just a few minutes, I was hooked and watched the entire first disc. The show is great on so many different levels. If you haven't watched it, you should.

Only six more discs to go. Oh boy!!

Tom

Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:35 pm

is a very good show,, always leaves me wondering whats gonna happen next

Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:59 am

Lost is great!

One minor complaint though:

Some of the episodes in Season 1 suffers due to the fact that the producers obviously hadn't decided in which direction the show would take (they didn't knew the series would be such a smash hit, originally it was scheduled for 1 season only), resulting in a couple of episodes where nothing much happened, really...

But overall it was very entertaining and fascinating!

Can't wait for Season 2 to start! :lol:

Br
Kristian

Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:06 pm

I'm a big fan of this show. I'm really looking forward to the start of season 2 this Wednesday night. Lost is the best show tv has produced since The X-Files.

Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:54 pm

After watching the Emmys last night and seeing this show so much in the press the last year. I have wanted to try to watch it... but somehow its time slot is one that makes me miss it everytime.

BUT..... what the heck is this show actually about? Is it someone constantly sabatoging them gettin off the island or what....? SRY I just can't grasp the plot line from just the commercials.

Does look interesting.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:56 pm

Jeff,
Rent the pilot and you'll be hooked. I've got two episodes in season one to go and I'm loving every second.

Tom

Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:26 pm

Jeff D -

The plot ?

Well, this plane crashes & the survivors realise that the only way to get back to civilisation is to build a new plane using parts from the old one.

Then they find that the guy designing their getaway machine has only ever worked on model aircraft.

Oh no, come to think of it, that's Flight of the Phoenix !

Sorry, can't help.

Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:53 pm

I am Lost.... but I hope by some Amazing Grace I can find that show ( never heard of it till now :oops: )

Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:55 pm

maybe one of the best abc has to offer??? and they are some great new shows up this season,, thank goodness for tivo..LOL :P

Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:47 am

I didn't watch "Lost" during the year, but DVRed the summer reruns to try to catch up. I am hooked, but it seems to me like they skipped over a few episodes. There was at least one time one when I know I missed an episode, and I recorded them all.

I admit I like "Desparate Housewives", too. It has a cool mystery component and is very funny.

After missing the pilot and at least one other episode I try to record "Prison Break" now as well. Decent entertainment...

Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:14 am

scotch wrote:I admit I like "Desparate Housewives", too. It has a cool mystery component and is very funny.

I saw one repeat episode of Desperate Housewives and really liked it. I'll be picking up Season One on DVD tomorrow, for sure.

Tom

Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:33 pm

I have been a fan of LOST since day one. I despise dubbing, so I watched it in English on PPV. The series works for me. At the moment I am hooked on The West Wing though.

Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:42 pm

Melanie wrote:At the moment I am hooked on The West Wing though.

Seriously!! Will you marry me?????Image

Tom

Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:56 am

I went out and got Lost today guys! Hope I am not dissapointed.

Also got The Longest Yard, is this as funny as I thought it would be?

BTW Tom, you never emailed me with a price for your Robert Englund autograph. Are you saving this for the raffle?

Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:44 pm

Check your PM. I have several pictures that Robert has signed.

Tom

Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:34 pm

Tom -

I guess the unreadable ones are where he was wearing his 'Freddy' gloves !

Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:21 pm

Ripped the picture all to Hell as well.

Tom