Michael Moore's Open Letter to President Bush

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

likethebike
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by likethebike »

He most definitely did not win the popular vote in 2000. I think you mean the Florida recount. However, those recounts did not address undervotes. I could go into the lies, cheating and dirty tricks that went into that and the 2004 vote but it's a moot point. We are stuck with an intellectually challenged president and let's hope we can get through it with the country in one piece.

EagleUSA
Registered for: 21 years

Post by EagleUSA »

Eagle wrote: "bitching about how the election was stolen is more fun"

likethebike wrote: "I could go into the lies, cheating and dirty tricks that went into that and the 2004 vote"

Ladies & Gentlemen of the jury...I rest my case. Elvis has left the building. Thank you and goodnight.

Eagle

likethebike

Post by likethebike »

That's a pointless comment. He did not win the popular vote in 2000 it doesn't matter who complains about it;the numbers gave the popular vote to Gore.

EagleUSA

Post by EagleUSA »

That electoral college is a tricky thing.

Eagle

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

So is cheating (2000, 2004). Ask Karl Rove!

DJC

genesim

Post by genesim »

What I meant was in regards to the most people voting as opposed to a ratio count.

Bush won, case close.

All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for noone-Tony Montana

RyanD
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by RyanD »

genesim wrote:What I meant was in regards to the most people voting as opposed to a ratio count.

Bush won, case close.
Not my President.

:D

Oh and about the getting more votes than anyone thing. That was because more people voted than ever before. Not because he is massively popular or anything. You know who has gotten the #2 most votes of anyone in the history of the US? Yep, John Kerry. Because more people voted in this election.

You want to talk about records. How about record low approval ratings for this bafoon.

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

RyanD wrote:Oh and about the getting more votes than anyone thing. That was because more people voted than ever before. Not because he is massively popular or anything. You know who has gotten the #2 most votes of anyone in the history of the US? Yep, John Kerry. Because more people voted in this election.

You want to talk about records. How about record low approval ratings for this bafoon.
That is true, Ryan, but perhaps it was the passion for the candidate(s) which resulted in the higher voter turnout. Again, you have to give credit where credit is due. For better or worse, Bush got his people to the polls in a more effective manner than Kerry did.

And, if we must continue to see disrespectful terms used for the President, perhaps we could do a little better in the spelling department. I just don't want Spellbinder to catch you! :)

genesim

Post by genesim »

Ryan D, I am glad that you at least grasped my point.

Kind of like Wilt Chamberlain having a Bill Russel...or Ali having a Frazier. The fact that it was close....all the better. What can't be said is that the voters didn't turn out. Always loved that excuse....well he would have won, but people just weren't voting......OH REALLY! lol

All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for noone-Tony Montana

likethebike

Post by likethebike »

Don't go berserk. Still about half the eligible voters failed to turn out. It's a sad thing. However, I do agree that it's a mistake for either side to claim the voters who did not vote as potentially theirs. Not voting often implies a distaste for both parties. Other times it implies apathy. Either way it's sad.

Topic author
Gregory Nolan Jr.

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

I thought we were the #1 Democracy In the World, 'Bike. :shock:

Seriously, we can do better. We'd all be better for bringing back
the basic idea of citizenship.

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality