Gregory Nolan Jr.
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Michael Moore's Open Letter to President Bush

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

Interesting rant from the Leftie we love to hate:

An Open Letter from Michael Moore to George W. Bush

Friday, September 2nd, 2005

Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain
stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on earth could you have misplaced all
our military choppers? Do you need help finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking
lot. Man, was that a drag.

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could really use them right now
for the type of thing they signed up to do like helping with national disasters. How come they
weren't there to begin with?

Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passed
over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but it was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as
of today, there were still homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was
on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you didn't want to
interrupt your vacation and I know how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you had
fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!

I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to
San Diego to party with your business peeps. Don't let people criticize you for this -- after
all, the hurricane was over and what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?

And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the
Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You
just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going
to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction
job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was moved by how you had
your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as you flew over New Orleans so you could
catch a quick look of the disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand
on some rubble and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.

There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to use it against you. Just
have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to nothing. Even those pesky scientists who
predicted this would happen because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter and
hotter making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their global warming Chicken
Littles. There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it would be like having
one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York to Cleveland.

No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans
lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon,
they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving
white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING --
to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them
there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit.

Yours,

Michael Moore
http://www.MichaelMoore.com

P.S. That annoying mother, Cindy Sheehan, is no longer at your ranch. She and dozens of other
relatives of the Iraqi War dead are now driving across the country, stopping in many cities
along the way. Maybe you can catch up with them before they get to DC on September 21st.

Anyway, that's the letter. I can take or leave Moore (I'm no fan,
honest) , but there it is, as mentioned elsewhere Discuss amongst yourselves. :lol:

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

If we can have a Hannity in the world, we can have a Moore.

Besides, what's not to love?

DJC

scotch

Post by scotch »

Moore's letter worked. The helicopters were out in force on Friday. Thank goodness MM's letter was written, because of that letter, thousands have been saved. :roll:

00:14:59

Everyone gets fifteen minutes, enjoy it while it lasts, fat man.

RyanD
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Post by RyanD »

scotch wrote: Everyone gets fifteen minutes, enjoy it while it lasts, fat man.
Roger & Me came out in 1989.

I believe that is 16 years.

scotch

Post by scotch »

Moore's fifteen minutes:

Roger & Me(I actually liked the movie, but from 1990-BFC, who knew about Moore?): 4 minutes

That TV show no one watched(aside from my lefty friend who owns the DVDs; some episodes were funny, but then you remember that MM is a big, fat idiot): 1 minute

Bowling for Columbine: 3 minutes

Unfairanlies 9/11: 5 minutes

the book no one cared about: 1 minute (I can't remember if he wrote a book, it may not exist, that is how obscure it is in the general population)

being fat: 59 seconds.
=
00:14:59

tick, tock. He is less relevant today than Al Gore.
Last edited by scotch on Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

genesim

Post by genesim »

YYYYAAAWWWNNN Who is Michael Moore again....maybe that guy who took a dive for George Foreman?

All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for noone-Tony Montana

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Nice to see that Moore was able to have an impact from just 15 minutes of fame.

How many years has Bush had so far ? What a buffoon.

genesim

Post by genesim »

Umm lets see....till 2008. :lol: :lol: :lol:

More then you and I will ever accomplish. Bush's name will be remembered as a great president long after you and I are dead.

All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for noone-Tony Montana

Silver
R.I.P. February 10, 2006
Registered for: 19 years

Post by Silver »

Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 10:44 AM
To: soldiers@michaelmoore.com
Subject: What's More Important?

Mr. Moore,

My name is Joe and I am an active duty U.S. Marine. Next Monday I will depart on my THIRD trip to Iraq and let me tell you, I'm so very excited to go do my part for a Democratic Iraq...

We all understand the possibility of 'war' when we join the military, especially the Marines, but that doesn't mean we have to agree with the reasoning behind it. I could go on and on right now about the reasons why I think this 'War On Terror' is crap, Ill refrain from beating the dead horse. The problem I'm having right now is that instead of going to Iraq to fight the lost cause, I would so much rather spend my blood, sweat, and tears by volunteering my time in Louisiana or Mississippi and actually make a difference... a REAL difference.

Instead I have to go to Iraq and 'fight for freedom' and 'defend my nation'... 'Defend my nation from what?' is the question I posed to my senior leadership just this past week, only to be glared at. My hats off to those aiding the sick and dying in New Orleans and the other regions affected by Katrina.

Keep doing the great things you're doing for the country Mr. Moore. Thank you!

Respectfully,

Joe C.

Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2005 6:36 AM
To: soldiers@michaelmoore.com
Subject: suicide bomber kills fraternity brother in Iraq

Mike,

The war in Iraq has hit home harder for me and others in Western NY than any of us wanted. Jacob Pfister was killed by a suicide bomber last Tuesday in Iraq. This was Jake's second tour. We need to get out of this war or more young men and women are going to lose their lives. I miss my friend.

Keep his family and unborn daughter in your prayers.

Steve

http://www.michaelmoore.com/books-films/willtheyevertrustusagain/

You'll never, never know the one who loves you so. . .

R.I.P. 2-10-2006
In Memory Of A True Friend To All

The FECC Team

Graceland Gardener

Post by Graceland Gardener »

I hear a certain leftwing nut here likes to toss Moore's salad.

what's not to love
- DJC

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

genesim -

You wrote:
Bush's name will be remembered as a great president long after you and I are dead.
Can I just ask you...

Do you honestly believe that ?

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

genesim

Post by genesim »

Lets see...the president that will have spearheaded the death of two terrible terrorists/dictators, Sadaam and Bin Laden(it will happen).

Do I think a president that turned around the country heading for a recession...and yet withstanding 9/11 will be remembered you bet.

The hurricane disaster will add to it after we finally bounce back...which will take some time.

He will be as relevant as a Lincoln or Reagen. Two presidents that had many detractors during their time, but yet have gone down in history as monumental figures.

I said it because I HONESTLY believe it.

RyanD
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Post by RyanD »

genesim wrote:Bush's name will be remembered as a great president long after you and I are dead.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heavy words about someone who's entire administration has been filled with colossal failures. The most recent of which was New Orleans.

I highly doubt "great" will be associated with his name in the history books. Go to google and type in "failure" and click "i'm feeling lucky" and I think that will give you a more appropriate characterization.

genesim

Post by genesim »

Wait and see..the same things were said about any person on this earth. Bush is the flavor of the day. A "google" search doesn't prove a thing.

likethebike
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by likethebike »

President Bush's name will live on having eclipsed the likes of Warren G. Harding as the single worst chief executive the country has ever had.

Delboy

Post by Delboy »

likethebike wrote:President Bush's name will live on having eclipsed the likes of Warren G. Harding as the single worst chief executive the country has ever had.
Why was he re-elected then? Or is it a case of 'better the Devil you know...'? :wink:

MB280E
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...

Post by MB280E »

genesim wrote:Lets see...the president that will have spearheaded the death of two terrible terrorists/dictators, Sadaam and Bin Laden(it will happen).

Do I think a president that turned around the country heading for a recession...and yet withstanding 9/11 will be remembered you bet.

The hurricane disaster will add to it after we finally bounce back...which will take some time.

He will be as relevant as a Lincoln or Reagen. Two presidents that had many detractors during their time, but yet have gone down in history as monumental figures.

I said it because I HONESTLY believe it.

You better start hoping and/or praying that he´ll track down Bin Laden, otherwise who knows what damage this can do to peaceloving countries...! Reagan did a great apperance in that Genesis video IMO.

Sincerely MB280E

likethebike
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by likethebike »

He was re-elected because he and his vice president went around the country scaring the pants off people with the unsubtle message: "Vote for us or die." His campaign did an excellent job of selling the country on the laughable idea that George W. Bush was the only man who could protect us from a terrorist attack.

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

likethebike wrote:He was re-elected because he and his vice president went around the country scaring the pants off people with the unsubtle message: "Vote for us or die." His campaign did an excellent job of selling the country on the laughable idea that George W. Bush was the only man who could protect us from a terrorist attack.
Re-electing Bush goes a little deeper than that. If it were that easy, it doesn't speak well of his opposition. John Kerry--or any number of others--should be sitting where Bush is now, but that is not the case.

It is one thing to be a "buffoon," "utter moron," and all the other names we see, but it doesn't say much about the citizens of this country to suggest we were all "hoodwinked." He has the reputation of being a bumbling, unintelligent fool, yet he was elected twice. Who is/are the moron(s)? Bush, or the electorate?

Bush obviously touched a nerve that the other candidates did not at the time of his elections, and there must be more factors than a "vote for us or die" campaign. I don't know what those factors are, but they were prevalent at the time.

The same goes for Tony Blair. I didn't follow the campaigns in the UK very closely, but from my perspective here in the U.S., it looked as if Blair would not receive a single vote in his most-recent election. Yet, he won. Why?

I have my own issues with the Bush Administration, but I think it's much more productive to support the President and try to figure out the best ways to combat problems and fix things, instead of running around pointing fingers, name-calling and playing the "woulda shoulda coulda" game. That is too easy to do after the fact.

genesim

Post by genesim »

Likethebike..you think that the media or the few on this boad speak for the rest of the U.S.

If someone calling names is an indicator for lack of greatness, then every president just sucked didn't they.

The facts are that he was elected..and re-elected by the most popular vote ever!

EagleUSA

Post by EagleUSA »

Eagle glances at his watch and waits for someone to go off on Gene's mention of the popular vote.... :lol: tick tick tick

Eagle

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

genesim -

You wrote:
The facts are that he was elected..and re-elected by the most popular vote ever!
Funny, I seem to remember he scraped in, after umpteen recounts, various investigations into both pregnant and hanging chads, and in the most dubious circumstances imaginable.

Just shows how soon you forget, doesn't it ?

Colin B

EagleUSA

Post by EagleUSA »

9 minutes...and the winner is....uh...Colin, I don't know how to break this to you, but we had an election here in 2004, about 10 months ago. I believe Gene was referring to that one. You know, the one where he beat Kerry by about 3 Million votes?

I believe you're referring to the issues involving the 2000 election. Just an FYI... now please... let the Americans play nice. I'm sure another episode of "Have You Been Served" is due up any minute on your telly.

Eagle

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Eagle -

Actually, he constructed his sentence to imply that both the election and re-election were 'by the most popular vote ever".

So my comments were valid.

Colin B

EagleUSA

Post by EagleUSA »

Funny, but I read the sentence differently. I interpreted the ... to separate the two events.

Although W obviously didn't win the popular vote by the biggest margin ever in 2000, he did win the popular vote as later confirmed by independent counters and even the staunchest liberals (although they've somehow forgotten to mention that because bitching about how the election was stolen is more fun).

Gene is right on, though, about 2004. Heh heh heh...

Eagle