The Hammer Horror Series
The Bela Lugosi Collection
Disney Princess Sing-a-Long Songs Vol. 2
Crash
The Greta Garbo Signature Collection
Fraggle Rock-Season 1

Tom

Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:38 pm

Some good choices Tom. I pre-ordered the Lugosi and Hammer sets but they haven't arrived yet.
Also, plan to get To Kill A Mockingbird once again. Great movie!
Also, on a side note. I don't know if this has been mentioned here but I just noticed at Amazon that another set of Disney treasures will be released in December. I pre-ordered all 4 sets.

jeff R

Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:23 pm

jeffreyjames wrote:Also, on a side note. I don't know if this has been mentioned here but I just noticed at Amazon that another set of Disney treasures will be released in December. I pre-ordered all 4 sets.jeff R

Jeff,
I can't wait for the next Donald Duck tin, but must admit, I've never heard of the other sets. I'm sure I'll get them, simply because I'm a completist and my daughter loves anything Disney. For everyone else, Sam's sells the tins for about $17.00. Sorry Jeff.

Tom

ImageImageImageImage

Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:35 am

Tom, jus picked up Toy Story

10th Anniversary...

looks GREAT!!!

I haven't watched it yet, but I'll let ya know what I think of the re-release...

I love this movie!!! :D

Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:22 am

Tom, do you go into all the extra features as well? how in the hell can u possibly watch all that? I buy a ton of dvds and im always behind in watching stuff. ill never catch up!

Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:00 am

Kylan wrote:Tom, do you go into all the extra
features as well? how in the hell can u possibly watch
all that? I buy a ton of dvds and im always behind in
watching stuff. ill never catch up!

Kylan, I agree....

I mus have 20 DVD's still laying around still sealed!!!

My wife gets a good laugh when she sees them and
says "I thought you really wanted to see that movie/concert...?"

Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:55 pm

No "Innocents" Tom?

Minkahed- I know a guy who must have between 50 and 100 laying around unopened. I always tease him that he's saving them for some convention 30 years from now so he can sell him to some kid and say "It's still sealed." It's not that a big a deal if you don't watch them right away. You'll get to 'em someday and if somehow you get a craving for that movie it'll be there. It especially makes sense to snap some of the old ones or cult items up because in five years they may not be around.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:14 pm

I must fit into this mold of people who don't watch all the discs right away. If I see something that I want, I usually buy it. I think I have somewhere between 300-400 discs that haven't been viewed and are still sealed. I could open my own store!! I even have about 100 Elvis dvds that I have not watched. Shame on me! But I do need to be in the right mood for a certain film or concert. Last night I was in the mood for Psycho (the original). With the film and bonus material, it took 3 1/2 hours to get through it. It's still one of my favorites.
But I do know that I will watch them someday. Just this week, I pulled out a couple that I've had for years. When winter comes, I will watch many more films.
It doesn't surprise me to see or hear about people who have bought DVDs and haven't watched them.

jeff R

Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:11 pm

Slap Shot (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Midnight Run
Wall Street

Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:50 pm

Y'all got some serious cash laying around. :shock:

Between an FTD book/ CD and a donation for Katrina
victims, I'm plum tuckered out. :?

Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:32 pm

Kylan wrote:Tom, do you go into all the extra features as well? how in the hell can u possibly watch all that? I buy a ton of dvds and im always behind in watching stuff. ill never catch up!

Kylan,
I'm pretty much a night owl, plus my job allows time for viewing DVD's as well. While I certainly don't watch every special feature, I do get to most of them. However, I don't have any unopened DVD's lying around. I open them immediately and put them in their proper place on the shelf.

Tom