Off Topic Messages

George W. - a true innovator and genius

Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:55 pm

George Jr, if you will,
a boy from Modesto who grew up to be a wunderkind of film who has advanced cinematic technology in storytelling and redefined the blockbuster.

(did you presumptively think this was about a different G.W ?
If you did, you got too much politics on the brain
-go watch a movie or read a book or listen to a cd.)

Re: George W. - a true innovator and genius

Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:50 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:George W. - a true innovator and genius

George Jr, if you will,
a boy from Modesto who grew up to be a wunderkind of film who has advanced cinematic technology in storytelling and redefined the blockbuster.

(did you presumptively think this was about a different G.W ?
If you did, you got too much politics on the brain

-go watch a movie or read a book or listen to a cd.)

Yes I did! :lol:

I can't imagine anyone not thinking of a certain other George W when reading this topic... :wink:

Then again; if so, this title

simply could not be right... :wink:

Br
Kristian

just kidding, winding up genesim once more here... 8)

Br
Kristian

Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:37 pm

George W. Lucas

:wink:

Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:00 am

George Lucas - a complete an utter genius. As GG says, totally redefined the blockbuster - how? By letting all the bullshit go and doing the most basic of things - making the kind of films he wanted to watch. Turns out that millions upon billions of people also wanted to watch the same kind of movies.

I seem to remember reading that it was Lucas who pioneered the mass-marketing of movie-related products with Star Wars. Everyone thought he was mad but who's laughing all the way to the bank now? Only Howard the Duck blots Lucas' copybook.

Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:51 am

George Lucas was born in Modesto? No wonder he was a genius!! Close to my roots. I still watch American Graffitti every once in awhile. (They were all so young, but then so was I.)
sue