Off Topic Messages

HELP!!! I think I got spammed!!!

Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:57 pm

ugh...this sucks bloody sh*t!!!

I don't know what the hell happened, but it's a nightmare and I got adaware, spybot and beta1 micosoft antispyware...now McAfeevirus scan is telling me a got a trojan virus New Malware g, or sum sh*t...

I'm doing everything I know possible, but sooner or later, this crap keeps coming back.

should I re-install my WindowsXP again?

Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:03 pm

What is the precise name of the trojan? A complete reinstall of XP would be a last resort. There's likely a way of removing it even if your virus applications won't do it automatically.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:05 pm

Shame...

Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:07 pm

Did you try to search in the register for the infected file?? Type regedit command because many times it is there...

Re: HELP!!! I think I got spammed!!!

Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:01 pm

minkahed wrote:should I re-install my WindowsXP again?

Not only that, but you should stop posting here altogether.

The virus that you have creeps through the Off-Topic section and heads toward the Reviews. It seeps it's way through the Memphis FTD review then heads right straight for the Picture Section. It slowly crawls around the photograph of Elvis and the boy sitting on the couch. Lo and behold, it goes right for the throat of the Chat-Talk section. It is not interested in anything there, so what does it do? It goes right back down to the Off-Topic section and eats Cindy Sheehan. By eating Cindy, the worm will never be the same again. It will die off a little and lose some of it's strength.

Now, here's where you come in. If you continue to post, the worm will eventually find it's way to the All Elvis section. Once there, the unthinkable happens. It may destroy all of the Elvis On Tour Outtakes threads. Lord have mercy!

Just the thought of it makes my skin crawl. You must leave now, Mink and whatever you do, please don't come back here until you know that we'll all be safe.

In the meantime, we wish you the best.

Re: HELP!!! I think I got spammed!!!

Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:35 am

Rob wrote:
minkahed wrote:should I re-install my WindowsXP again?

Not only that, but you should stop posting here altogether.

The virus that you have creeps through the Off-Topic section and heads toward the Reviews. It seeps it's way through the Memphis FTD review then heads right straight for the Picture Section. It slowly crawls around the photograph of Elvis and the boy sitting on the couch. Lo and behold, it goes right for the throat of the Chat-Talk section. It is not interested in anything there, so what does it do? It goes right back down to the Off-Topic section and eats Cindy Sheehan. By eating Cindy, the worm will never be the same again. It will die off a little and lose some of it's strength.

Now, here's where you come in. If you continue to post, the worm will eventually find it's way to the All Elvis section. Once there, the unthinkable happens. It may destroy all of the Elvis On Tour Outtakes threads. Lord have mercy!

Just the thought of it makes my skin crawl. You must leave now, Mink and whatever you do, please don't come back here until you know that we'll all be safe.

In the meantime, we wish you the best.

stop posting here?

I don't think so...

better days are shining thru... :D

Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:48 pm

Minkahed,
I got a strange looking email as well and opened it, but I don't think it's affected my comput

Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:16 pm

Tom -
When you get your new computer set up and you are back on line, please let us know.