Off Topic Messages

Mark Chesnutt interview - mentions Elvis

Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:09 am

Here's a link to an interview with Mark Chesnutt:

http://www.markchesnutt.com/20_questions.htm

Looks like Mark has always been an Elvis fan! :lol:

And man, he can sing!

I'm just listening to his version of the Charlie Rich classic Who Will The Next Fool Be - sensational stuff!!!

Br
Kristian

Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:07 am

I seem to remeber back when the Nashville Network was still around- Mark had a special on and he closed the show with "Suspicious Minds", I may even have a tape of it somewhere. I will try to locate it.

If you are a big Mark Chesnutt fan PM me. I saw him a few years back and took some great photos. I would be happy to send you scans if you would like them.

Greybeard

Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:15 am

Did someone say Mark Chesnutt??? His biggest fan is 'right here'!!!!!!!!

TINML :lol:

Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:28 am

Another FAN in the country field,is of course Dwight Yoakam.

Great to hear these guy"s pay tribute to the main man.

Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:26 pm

I had a blast last night, listening to Mark Chesnutt's Longnecks & Short Stories and Savin' The Honky Tonk cds.

They're simply brilliant!

I would dare say that these to great cd's are his best albums to date, with
Too Cold At Home, What A Way To Live and Thank God For Believers as his next best cd's.

Fellow fans of Mark; do you agree?

Br
Kristian

Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:43 pm

Kristian, yes, Charlie Rich was a monster! Very much in
the Elvis / south bag.

I recommend the 2-CD "The Essential ..." to all Elvis fans.

Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:21 pm

Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:I had a blast last night, listening to Mark Chesnutt's Longnecks & Short Stories and Savin' The Honky Tonk cds.

They're simply brilliant!

I would dare say that these to great cd's are his best albums to date, with
Too Cold At Home, What A Way To Live and Thank God For Believers as his next best cd's.

Fellow fans of Mark; do you agree?

Br
Kristian

I love "Longnecks..." and "Savin..." the best, the cream of the crop of Chesnutt. I think those 2 followed by "I don't want to miss a thing" and his self titled album are good too. The latter one is kind of bland but a few of the songs help it rank higher on my list.

Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:06 pm

To save some of y'all some time:

" 16. Did you have any albums growing up that you just wore out from playing so much?

I wore all my Elvis albums out. I wore out all my George Jones and Merle Haggard and Hank Williams Jr. eight-tracks. I played them so much the tapes would break. Then cassettes came along. I wore all them out. So I was really happy to see the CD, although I'm wearing them out, too. You scratch one of those bastards, and they're gone.

17. I've read before that you're an Elvis fan, so which song(s) would you say are favorites?

Oh God, that ain't fair. There's just thousands of Elvis songs that I love. The easiest way to answer that question is what era, because Elvis reinvented himself so many times. I love all the early '50s stuff, the Sun stuff. I love everything he did from 1968 to 1970. To me, that's the best stuff he ever did.
"

Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:16 pm

looks like we have quite a few fans of Mark in here- my offer to e-mail my photos (Mark performing at Harveys Lake, Pennsylvania several years back) extends to you all, simply drop me a PM and request them and I will get them to you.

Greybeard

Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:21 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Kristian, yes, Charlie Rich was a monster! Very much in
the Elvis / south bag.

I recommend the 2-CD "The Essential ..." to all Elvis fans.

I was just listening to this CD last night. The demo version of 'Feel Like Going Home' is fantastic! Would've been a perfect song for Elvis to record.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:21 am

Did anyone see the show on The Nashville Network several years ago called Funny Business?

It was a show in which Charlie Chase played practical jokes on country stars. The one with Mark Chesnutt was a classic.

Mark uses ear monitors during his show and only he can hear what comes through them. Charlie was hiding and Mark did not know he was there. The sound engineer had Charlie tapped into Mark's ear monitors which again only he could hear.

During a song, Charlie was saying Welcome to McDonald's. May I take your order? Would you like fries with that?

The look on Chesnutt's face was priceless!

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:46 am

Heheheheheh!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great practical joke!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Br
Kristian

Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:08 pm

Hey, Rob I saw a promo for the video release of that series and they showed a very small clip of Chesnutt, but I recall it was a 'sexy' woman's voice that was being heard by Chesnutt.

TINML

Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:19 pm

If I remember correctly, what they showed was just a small portion. There was more than one voice talking to him. They were really messing with him. I don't remember everything that went on, but I do remember that it was very funny.

You may be able to find out more about it by going here.
http://crookandchase.com/