Off Topic Messages

CASH - LEGEND BOXSET

Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:44 pm

Just picked up the basic 4-CD version for £30, which is excellent value particularly because I was quoted a price of £100 for this and almost double for the deluxe monster.

Can't wait to hear it; packaging looks ace and a quite a bit that a Cash novice like myself has never heard before. :D

Who else will be plunging for this set?

Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:43 pm

i have picked it up several times andrew,, but have yet to purchase it

Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:28 pm

The Deluxe version is a great set...but at the £ i saw it for,nah.

Will wait to see if i can cheaper :shock: :roll: on line.

Cash (no pun) is one of these singers that worth spending "cash"on,for his great song"s.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:41 pm

epfan22 wrote:i have picked it up several times andrew,, but have yet to purchase it

lol :D Hope you're ok, Chris.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:10 pm

Just a related question; Is there an official release of his Glastonbury Festival show from 1997?

Sincerely MB280E

Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:13 am

Like most people, I think that the deluxe version of this box set is a little bit too expensive.

On the other hand, for me personally, I don't see the point in just settling down with the standard edition, cause it's almost all released before on various compilations recently.

So if I purchase THE LEGEND, I guess I will go for the deluxe edition, with the extra goodies, but not at that price...

Hopefully the price will decrease in a little while... :wink:

Br
Kristian

Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:40 am

Funny you should bring that up...i had a good look at the normal/cheaper version and it has only 7 unissued songs...As for that gig in 97,never heard any info on that,i take it the BBC has the rights for it?...maybe sometime soon.

Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:30 pm

I asked that question because I have a greatsounding soundboard recording of that particular show. A great show with Cash in great mood. Of highlights I´d mention Folsom Prison Blues, Get Rythm, Sunday Morning Coming Down, Ring Of Fire and A Boy Named Sue. :)

Sincerely MB280E

Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:45 pm

MB280E wrote:I asked that question because I have a greatsounding soundboard recording of that particular show. A great show with Cash in great mood. Of highlights I´d mention Folsom Prison Blues, Get Rythm, Sunday Morning Coming Down, Ring Of Fire and A Boy Named Sue. :)

Sincerely MB280E

I saw that show on TV at the time. Superb version of Sunday Morning Coming Down. Elvis wanted to record that song, but it was the victim of the usual copyright arguments. Shame, Elvis would have nailed it!

:(

Jules

Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:07 pm

Here´s the tracklist on my soundboard recording of the show:

1. Folsom Prison Blues
2. Get Rhythm
3. Sunday Morning Coming Down
4. Ring of Fire
5. I Guess Things Happen That Way
6. Johnny talks
7. Delia
8. The Beast In Me