Off Topic Messages

Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:16 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:
Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:President Bush will (finally) call for energy conservation
tonight on television.

Not only does he need to do that, but he also needs to tell opec to drop the price at least $15.00 a barrell of oil. It costs OPEC around $15.00 to produce 1 barrell of oil, yet the price is $70.00! Come on, this is price gouging at it's best. These so called "oil experts" say that if they do this it will lead to more shortages. Well let me ask this; back when gas was at $1.25 per gallon why wasn't there shortages then?

We also need to decide if we want certain types of fish and birds to survive, or if we want our people to survive. By this I mean drilling oil in Alaska and other places. Don't get me wrong, I love animals and the outdoors, but I also want to be able to drive to work w/o having to mortage my home in order to pay for gas!

Big Boss Man, the human race will survive without oil if it has too. Our people will not survive if we completely devastate the planets natural area's. Theres not much left right now.

Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:29 pm

And there is absolutely no poof that any of the oil burning is the cause for the global warning or whether anything we do will change it.

Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:54 pm

Big Boss Man wrote: It costs OPEC around $15.00 to produce 1 barrell of oil, yet the price is $70.00! Come on, this is price gouging at it's best.

those sonsabitches.

I say drill Alaska, drill Oregon, drill Cleveland, f--kin' drill domestically anything to produce/supply our own US oil and quit buying it from those g****** ragheads.

Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:01 pm

Well I wouldn't agree with all of that, but I do think that we have alot of oil to tap domestically. Problem is not the quanity, but how fast it comes out of the ground.

Still Alaska should be explored..but many would rather we save a few special environments in trade for soldiers blood.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:10 am

The market for oil is set internationally and so even if we produced our own oil, the price could still be high.

There is actually tons and tons and tons and tons of research to support the idea of global warming and the way that fumes from gasoline plays a part in that.

Explore alternate forms of energy, make the hybid car an industry standard. Those are the kind of things that will reduce the costs of gasoline.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:26 am

my Friend called today from Atlanta and told me the gas prices went up to $6.00 a gallon there...

here in NC, it went up twice today, first $3.00, then at about 4:30pm, it went up again to $3.39...

I also heard today that there is a definite shortage of gas and, (at least here in eastern Carolina), all the gas stations down here won't be getting anymore until mid next week...!!!???

Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:58 pm

The shortage is because of the hyseria. Let it die a little. Fill up the gas tank if you must, but if it can be avoided, wait a little bit. The consumption will slow down as people calm down and the prices will drop.

Keep in mind that as the refineries get back underway, they are going to find alot of oil waiting to be processed.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:46 pm

genesim wrote:The consumption will slow down as people calm down and the prices will drop.

This is the truest statement of this entire thread.

I think the public would be pleasantly surprised what the gas prices would do if everyone would agree to not buying any gas on Sundays (just picking a random day.) I'm not just talking about one Sunday, but every one.

No consumers purchasing gas on any Sunday in the United States (or anywhere for that matter) would cause a dramatic drop in fuel prices.

If only everyone knew this and were willing to commit.
Last edited by Rob on Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:16 pm

Meanwhile...60 million+ barrels of oil are coming are way.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050902/ap_ ... al_oil_hk3