Off Topic Messages

Katrina & The Waves

Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:31 am

If any of our posters are in the line of fire from this devastating hurricane, I am praying for your safety.

Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:40 am

Me too.

Let's hope that Katrina will go easy on New Orleans!

Best of luck

Kristian

Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:27 am

Over in Europe,there has been floods and forrest fires etc all in the same country.

Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:34 am

Sorry.in the family I`m known as Katrina..I`d not hurt anyone for the life of me..
My thoughts and prayers go out to those have lost love ones.....I`m sorry, but I am finding it harder and harder to believe in a God...even though I was brought in a church....

Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:34 am

Things are not looking good for the folks in New Orleans at the moment. This is projected to be one, if not THE most damaging storm to a state in U.S. history. Good luck to anyone on here who may have family members in that vicinity.

The storm can be followed here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7845030

Click on Refresh to keep it updated.
Last edited by Rob on Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:46 am

Rob wrote:Things are not looking good for the folks in New Orleans at the moment. This is projected to be one, if not THE most damaging storm to a state in U.S. history. Good luck to anyone on here who may have family members in that vicinity.

The storm can be followed here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7845030


Very true and I jus heard on the WEATHER channel that it is the strongest recorded storm that has ever exsisted in the GULF!!!

I called my friend down in Biloxi and he said they are already feeling 50mph winds and rising.

I pray the people of New Orleans, (and all surrounding areas) are safe and precautious...

.

Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:17 am

iamhekev wrote:Over in Europe,there has been floods and forrest fires etc all in the same country.


What do you mean Kev?

A monstrous Hurricane Katrina barreled toward New Orleans on Sunday with 160-mph wind and a threat of a 28-foot storm surge, forcing a mandatory evacuation of the below-sea-level city and prayers for those who remained to face a doomsday scenario.


"New Orleans may never be the same."


"We are facing a storm that most of us have long feared," he said. "This is a once-in-a-lifetime event."


Scientists predicted Katrina could easily overtake that levee system, swamping the city under a 30-feet cesspool of toxic chemicals, human waste and even coffins.


With top winds of 160 mph and the power to lift sea level by as much as 28 feet above normal, the storm threatened an environmental disaster of biblical proportions, one that could leave more than 1 million people homeless.


Estimates predict that 60 percent to 80 percent of the city's houses will be destroyed by wind. With the flood damage, most of the people who live in and around New Orleans could be homeless.




This is absolutely horrific. I hope everyone puts aside all of our differences that arise because of borders between countries and all send out a prayer for the people that will be affected by this monster.


Image

Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:58 am

Rusty -

You wrote:
.....I`m sorry, but I am finding it harder and harder to believe in a God...even though I was brought in a church....


Atta girl !

You'll end up a full-blooded atheist - you know it makes sense !

Re: .

Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:07 pm

Blue-Gypsy wrote:
iamhekev wrote:Over in Europe,there has been floods and forrest fires etc all in the same country.


What do you mean Kev?



I was kinda curious about that, too, Gypsy. Kev?

Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:52 pm

My prayers are with those effected as well. Many people will suffer and I have nothing but my deepest sympathies for them.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:43 am

ColinB wrote:Rusty -

You wrote:
.....I`m sorry, but I am finding it harder and harder to believe in a God...even though I was brought in a church....


Atta girl !

You'll end up a full-blooded atheist - you know it makes sense !


You both go to your rooms right now! SEPERATE rooms and listen to How Great Thou Art CD!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:24 am

ColinB wrote:Rusty -

You wrote:
.....I`m sorry, but I am finding it harder and harder to believe in a God...even though I was brought in a church....


Atta girl !

You'll end up a full-blooded atheist - you know it makes sense !



atheist my ass...


you gotta believe NOT to believe... :roll:

Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:25 am

Kristian -

You wrote:
Let's hope that Katrina will go easy on New Orleans!


Well, she did veer off a bit before hitting New Orleans !

Didn't stop them suffering though, and they've had awful flooding.