Katrina & The Waves

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
KHoots
Registered for: 21 years

Katrina & The Waves

Post by KHoots »

If any of our posters are in the line of fire from this devastating hurricane, I am praying for your safety.

Kristian Hjelmaas
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Kristian Hjelmaas »

Me too.

Let's hope that Katrina will go easy on New Orleans!

Best of luck

Kristian

iamhekev
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by iamhekev »

Over in Europe,there has been floods and forrest fires etc all in the same country.

KEV.

SAM...17.3.1955 to 24.1.2008

Rusty Martin*
Registered for: 20 years 2 months

Post by Rusty Martin* »

Sorry.in the family I`m known as Katrina..I`d not hurt anyone for the life of me..
My thoughts and prayers go out to those have lost love ones.....I`m sorry, but I am finding it harder and harder to believe in a God...even though I was brought in a church....

Rob

Post by Rob »

Things are not looking good for the folks in New Orleans at the moment. This is projected to be one, if not THE most damaging storm to a state in U.S. history. Good luck to anyone on here who may have family members in that vicinity.

The storm can be followed here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7845030

Click on Refresh to keep it updated.
Last edited by Rob on Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

minkahed

Post by minkahed »

Rob wrote:Things are not looking good for the folks in New Orleans at the moment. This is projected to be one, if not THE most damaging storm to a state in U.S. history. Good luck to anyone on here who may have family members in that vicinity.

The storm can be followed here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7845030
Very true and I jus heard on the WEATHER channel that it is the strongest recorded storm that has ever exsisted in the GULF!!!

I called my friend down in Biloxi and he said they are already feeling 50mph winds and rising.

I pray the people of New Orleans, (and all surrounding areas) are safe and precautious...

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

Blue-Gypsy

Post by Blue-Gypsy »

iamhekev wrote:Over in Europe,there has been floods and forrest fires etc all in the same country.
What do you mean Kev?
A monstrous Hurricane Katrina barreled toward New Orleans on Sunday with 160-mph wind and a threat of a 28-foot storm surge, forcing a mandatory evacuation of the below-sea-level city and prayers for those who remained to face a doomsday scenario.
"New Orleans may never be the same."
"We are facing a storm that most of us have long feared," he said. "This is a once-in-a-lifetime event."
Scientists predicted Katrina could easily overtake that levee system, swamping the city under a 30-feet cesspool of toxic chemicals, human waste and even coffins.
With top winds of 160 mph and the power to lift sea level by as much as 28 feet above normal, the storm threatened an environmental disaster of biblical proportions, one that could leave more than 1 million people homeless.
Estimates predict that 60 percent to 80 percent of the city's houses will be destroyed by wind. With the flood damage, most of the people who live in and around New Orleans could be homeless.

This is absolutely horrific. I hope everyone puts aside all of our differences that arise because of borders between countries and all send out a prayer for the people that will be affected by this monster.

Tony~

"It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, Gay, Straight, Disabled and not disabled, Americans who send a message to the world that we have never been just a collection of individuals or a collection of red states and blue states. We are and always will be the United States of America."
-Barack Obama-

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Rusty -

You wrote:
.....I`m sorry, but I am finding it harder and harder to believe in a God...even though I was brought in a church....
Atta girl !

You'll end up a full-blooded atheist - you know it makes sense !

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Topic author
KHoots

Re: .

Post by KHoots »

Blue-Gypsy wrote:
iamhekev wrote:Over in Europe,there has been floods and forrest fires etc all in the same country.
What do you mean Kev?

I was kinda curious about that, too, Gypsy. Kev?

genesim

Post by genesim »

My prayers are with those effected as well. Many people will suffer and I have nothing but my deepest sympathies for them.

All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for noone-Tony Montana

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

ColinB wrote:Rusty -

You wrote:
.....I`m sorry, but I am finding it harder and harder to believe in a God...even though I was brought in a church....
Atta girl !

You both go to your rooms right now! SEPERATE rooms and listen to How Great Thou Art CD!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

JEFF d
EP fan

minkahed

Post by minkahed »

ColinB wrote:Rusty -

You wrote:
Atta girl !

atheist my ass...

you gotta believe NOT to believe... :roll:

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Kristian -

You wrote:
Let's hope that Katrina will go easy on New Orleans!
Well, she did veer off a bit before hitting New Orleans !

Didn't stop them suffering though, and they've had awful flooding.

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire