Off Topic Messages

College Football!

Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:21 am

Just creating this topic so Blue-Gypsy and I don't detract from the political debate, er, I mean, Bill Clinton's birthday wishes thread. lol
Any fans of NCAA Football here? And if so, which team(s)?

ImageImage
ImageImage

Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:41 pm

I can't wait for the season to start next week, I'm a Michigan fan btw.

Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:07 pm

I'm counting down the days to college ball. Got my Wake Forest season tickets burning a hole in my pocket.

Go Deacs!!!!Image

Tom

Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:18 pm

GO VOLS :D [color=orange][/color]
since i now also live in tx,,, texas and texas a&m

Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:22 pm

GO VOLS :D [color=orange][/color]
since i now also live in tx,,, texas and texas a&m

Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:28 pm

Thats not a football.. thats a Rugby ball.. do you Yanks know nothing? :shock: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:59 pm

UGA....GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Go dawgs...sick em'...woof...woof...woof...woof :D

Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:20 pm

BBM,
Did you hear about the two rednecks at a Georgia game last year. They happened to notice the bulldog mascot Uga sitting on the sidelines, licking his balls. The first one said "Man, I wish I could do that." The second one said "Earl, that dog would biiiiiiiiite you!!!"

Tom

Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:41 pm

I'm with Joe Car--Go BLUE. Hail, hail to Michigan!!! They will probably blow their national title hopes by mid-September, but I will still be hanging with them...

Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:33 am

epfan22 wrote:GO VOLS :D
since i now also live in tx, texas and texas a&m

Wow, I have been away from the board a while, didn't realize you moved down here. Seguin is a pretty cool location. You can get to San Antonio and Austin quickly but can also be in the "country" in about 2 minutes. I was trying to get a group together to go tubing down the Guadelupe this summer, but doesn't look like it will work out.
Have you had a chance to make it to Schliterbahn yet? That place is awesome...

By the way, aside from the real U.T., you should pull for A&M, because Aggies hump it better. Ask an Ag to explain, lol.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:31 am

Tom in North Carolina wrote:BBM,
Did you hear about the two rednecks at a Georgia game last year. They happened to notice the bulldog mascot Uga sitting on the sidelines, licking his balls. The first one said "Man, I wish I could do that." The second one said "Earl, that dog would biiiiiiiiite you!!!"

Tom

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:03 am

Not to get off of the original topic of NCAA football, but my favorite team is the Tennessee Titans. Here's a few reasons why........

http://www.titansonline.com/team/cheerleaders/index.php

Sorry to digress.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:27 pm

The Tennessee Titans are an NFL team :D

They are a fine organization, I recall being in the Georgia Dome the night they came 1 yrd from winning the Superbowl, very heartbreaking.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:08 pm

No digression whatsoever, Rob. Thankyaverymuch!

As a Miami Dolphins fan, I look for things to root for aside from the crappy team. Their cheerleaders are okie dokie, too!

Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:27 pm

We're coming to my favorite time of the year, fall. The beautiful weather, the fall colors, football, hockey and the winding down of baseball, sprinkled in with some hoops, does it get any better then that? It's truly the best time of the year.

Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:33 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:The Tennessee Titans are an NFL team :D

I'm aware of that and I sort of addressed that issue in the first few words of my post. I just had other things on my mind at the time as you could tell. :wink:

Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:46 pm

Can we still be friends Rob?? I'm a Steeler fan :D

The Titans,BTW, are just the illegitimate bastard offspring of the REAL NFL francise.......the Houston Oilers :wink:

Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:03 pm

scotch wrote:
epfan22 wrote:GO VOLS :D
since i now also live in tx, texas and texas a&m

Wow, I have been away from the board a while, didn't realize you moved down here. Seguin is a pretty cool location. You can get to San Antonio and Austin quickly but can also be in the "country" in about 2 minutes. I was trying to get a group together to go tubing down the Guadelupe this summer, but doesn't look like it will work out.
Have you had a chance to make it to Schliterbahn yet? That place is awesome...

By the way, aside from the real U.T., you should pull for A&M, because Aggies hump it better. Ask an Ag to explain, lol.

have yet to make it to schliterbon,,, yes i like the aggies,, been here 6 months so far

Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:00 am

For what it's worth, here is the coverage map for the games ABC is carrying Saturday:

I'll be in an area that will see A&M-Clemson. 8)

Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:25 pm

Thank God! We can't get enough opportunities to watch Notre Dame football...

Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:37 pm

Wow, TCU, and old Southwest Conference member, just knocked off powerhouse Oklahoma. Not good for the Big 12, but I still feel some old SWC loyalty. Way to Gig'em, Horned Frogs!

Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:54 am

Notice how odd it is that Colorado Springs is left out of the A&M game?

That is not by coincidence, I made that a stipulation before I moved here!

Just teasin Scotch. Good luck today, you guys are going to have to make a fourth quarter run!

Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:33 am

Sorry about the game Scotch. I have been on the other end of that kinda bad beat many times...I know the feeling sux!

Its a long season and Fran's teams typicaly get better as the season goes along.

Of course if you guys are ready to ride him out on a rail give me a call and I will be at the head of the line... :lol:

Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:51 am

By the way......

Roll Tide Roll!

Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:18 am

In regards to which game y'all saw; alot of Ags in Colorado Springs(many former members of A&M's Corps of Cadets in the military) couldn't understand that decision.... oh well.

Every week about 50% of the teams lose. We just ran out of time... and we were outscored, but we didn't lose. ;)

Gig'em