Off Topic Messages

Land of the Dead-Unrated DVD *UPDATE*

Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:42 pm

Look for it on October 18th:

Universal Studios Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of George A. Romero's Land of the Dead for 18th October 2005. The long-awaited fourth instalment in George A Romero's ‘Dead’ series, set in a walled city, which is mankind's last refuge against an army of evolving zombies.

Available in separate Unrated Director's Cut (97mins) and Theatrical Cut (93mins) editions (separate Widescreen and Full Screen versions on the former, Full Screen only the latter) both present the film with English DD5.1 & DTS 5.1 Surround audio options and English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles. The Theatrical Cut edition also features a French DD5.1 Surround audio track.

Bonus features on both Theatrical and Unrated Edition DVDs include:
Feature commentary with George A. Romero, Producer Peter Grunwald and Editor Michael Doherty
Undead Again: The Making of Land of the Dead
A Day with the Living Dead
The Remaining Bits
When Shaun Met George

Exclusive Unrated Edition bonus features include:
Bringing the Dead to Life
Scenes of Carnage
Zombie Effects: From Green Screen to Finished Scene
Bringing the Storyboards to Life
Scream Tests: Zombie Casting Call

Tom
Last edited by Tom in North Carolina on Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:16 pm

I liked this movie..not as good as the others, but I suspect a unrated DVD will fix this fact. I love the Dead movies, and it was a tough follow up.

Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:33 pm

Here's the revised artwork:

Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:56 pm

Have you guys seen Shaun of the Dead? It's hilarious!

Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:03 pm

Wait..so which one is it?? Is it one disc or 2 disc? Is it going to be Divimax??

I am sure it is to look good against my Elite millineum edition of Night of the Living Dead(Anchor bay..though tried, just doesn't have the best version), Dawn Of the Dead Ultimate Divimax and Day Of The Dead Divimax special.