Off Topic Messages

Bubba Ho Tep Easter Eggs

Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:37 pm

On MGM Home Entertainment’s release of Don Coscarelli’s hilarious Bubba Ho Tep the studio has added some humorous features that are hidden from immediate view. Here is how to get to them.

Insert the first disc of the DVD set and watch the movie – or fast-forward it to the end credits – and let it run. Once the credits are over, the DVD encoding credits will run and after that you will get to see a fake newspaper story as the King admonishes us to 'Be kind – Rewind baby!'
Now go to the 'Audio Set-Up' section and wait until the phone rings. Then press the 'Right' arrow key on your remote control to highlight the phone. Press the 'Enter' key now and you will get to see an introduction to the movie by Bruce Campbell.

Still in the audio menu, highlight the 'Resume' menu entry and then press the 'Right' arrow key on your remote control to highlight the glasses. This will give you access to a commentary track with the King.
Now it’s time to insert the second disc and highlight the 'Biographies' menu entry. Wait until the jackal glows and then press the 'Left' arrow key on your remote control to highlight the jackal. Press 'enter' now to see some behind-the-scenes footage.

Highlight the 'biographies' menu entry once again and wait until the hieroglyphic glows on the column to the left. Now press the 'Left' arrow key to highlight it and follow it up with the 'Enter' key to view the TV spot.
Now enter the 'Biographies' section and highlight Don Coscarelli’s entry. Press the 'Right' key for some character biographies.

Finally, from the disc’s Main Menu go to the 'Deleted Scenes' and highlight the 'Footage From The Temple Room Floor' entry. Press the 'Right' key now to highlight the hieroglyphic and then press the 'Enter' key for a commentary track on the deleted scenes, featuring Bruce Campbell and Don Coscarelli.

Tom

Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:46 pm

Thats really wierd Tom, mine is a single disc and I think it has all the things on it... I think I have seen all that stuff anyways, unless its totally different.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:08 pm

Mine also is a single disc...collectors edition..nothing extra on it :cry: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:54 pm

For those that wonder..this is in reference to the UK Region 2 version...and yes that sucks!

http://www.anchorbay.co.uk/bubbahotep/

Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:59 pm

My bad!!! I passed this email on without reading it very carefully...................................obviously.

Tom

Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:20 pm

Hey did you see the Anchor Bay thread Tom? I was just curious.