Off Topic Messages

Turn The Page (Bob Seager)

Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:04 am

I was listening to some 70's classics when I came across this song. I started thinking about how cool a video of this song would be with a montage of cleverly edited EOT clips.

SteveM could you put this together...

Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:46 am

Who's Bob Seager? Isd he the one who played with the Golden Bullet Band?

jeff R

Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:57 am

jeff -

Quit it.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:54 pm

Excellent song by a very good artist. I had the pleasure of seeing Seger live in his hometown of Detroit, at the height of his fame in 1976 I believe it was, a very good show.

Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:22 pm

What's up with Seger lately? I had heard he wasn't looking or feeling very well, having lost the battle with the bottle.

Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:01 am

What's up with Seger lately? I had heard he wasn't looking or feeling very well, having lost the battle with the bottle.

He is looking pretty beat-up these days. Apparently there is a new album on the horizon. Capitol just reissued one of his first lps, 'Smoking Ops.' Another highly coveted album, 'Back In 72' was finally scheduled for reissued treatment, but was postponed indefinitely two weeks ago. Seger is one of the greats any way you look at it.

Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:08 am

KHoots wrote:What's up with Seger lately? I had heard he wasn't looking or feeling very well, having lost the battle with the bottle.

I hope this isn't the case...He seemed OK at the RRHOF when he was inducted. When I was a kid in Ann Arbor he was just starting out, Ann Arbor Mich. is also his home town. Ramblin Gamblin Man was a local hit before he hit the big time. At that time they went by 'The Bob Seger System', He's always been one of my favorites.
I'd like to see him tour again but I did read or hear somewhere that he devotes all of his time to raising his son..