Off Topic Messages

Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:25 pm

Do I need anymore proof positive here of what company you are sharing with in the Clinton camp?

You voted for him...thats fine. You were ingnorant of the pollitics behind it and just thought that he looked good..thats fine to.

But in the end, after seeing everything laid out in front of you, do you not have shame? Someone being an Elvis fan does not necessarily translate into a great president. Matter of fact, who cares!

Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:45 am

genesim wrote:But in the end, after seeing everything laid out in front of you, do you not have shame?

If you had any sense of irony, you'd agree the above is just hilarious.

None are so blind ...

DJC

Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:30 am

Doc you are a follower. Original thoughts are not in your programming. Go back to pasting articles and sniffing tails. It is what you do best.

It is clear you have nothing else to add.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:55 am

It'd be child's play to knock your mentally anemic comments right off the MB but, luckily, member Derry Fan did just that not too long ago.

Anyone needing a good laugh, please do a search of Derry Fan's posts to see how easily he makes "genesim" disappear.

DJC

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:04 am

90 percent of the time a prosecutor has to fight tooth and nail to get previous convictions (of which none of these were) before a jury because it unfairly prejudices a jury you did something once does not mean you did it in this instance. When the allegation is unwanted sexual harassment it makes positively absolutely no sense except by the most twisted and bent logic to inquire into a person's consensual relationships. The investigation (if you could call it that) was not about his relations with women other than his wife. When a rapist is on a trial they don't call every women he ever dated or his current girlfriend.

We were the joke of the world for this investigation.

As for Bin Laden, we did not have him, we had no legal right to go get him in a country where we had no extradition treaty. Blame Clinton for the tsunami.

You want to go on 20/20 hindsight what about the bill killed by Bush and his cronies that would have frozen terrorist assets in 2001.

Clinton inspires such bile yet Bush Jr. who lies in Hitleresque style to the America gets a free pass. And they are Hitleresque lies, as the furor would have been proud of the way this man spreads misinformation by constant repetition, shouts down or destroys and his enemies. Unlike Clinton, his indiscretions kill people.

It takes so much honor to have your father and your father's friends: bail you out of military service, get you into Yale, set you up in business then bail you out repeatedly when you fail, set you up in politics with a unlimited trust fund, name you as a presidential candidate based on the fact that you take orders, steal an election and then pull your strings like a little puppet while you're in office.

It takes real honor to slander the name of not one, not two but three war heros in an effort to get into office. It takes real honor to use the deaths of 9/11 for constant political gain. To bully the American into a unjust war and scare them to death to ensure an election victory. It takes real honor to sow dissension in America by spreading hatred towards gays and blacks as Bush's operatives did in the 2000 and 2004 elections. It takes real honor to order the execution of the mentally retarded and a man convicted of murder even though his public defender slept entirely through his trial. (Bush as governor Texas signed more death warrants than any governor in the history of the US including more than one retarded person and the other case I mentioned.) It takes real honor to leak the name of a CIA operative out of spite for her husband's opposition to the war.

For that matter it takes real honor to whine after WINNING an election about the liberal media even though this self-same media let him get away with murder on the WMD front.

And talk about scumbags. Bush spends time with a real honor roll including Kenneth Ley- a huge contributor to his 2000 campaign who cheated thousands of people out of their pensions, Pat Robertson- First rate kook who claimed 9/11 was payback for America's permissive lifestyle (and conservatives complain about liberal guilt making people think we brought it on ourselves). Mr. Robertson also made an ass of himself on television recently praying for the deaths of Supreme Court justices so his ally President Bush could appoint more justices and that's not to mention this week's debacle about the president of Venezuela. Then there's Tom DeLay who set up enemies list of prominent organizations and individuals who did not donate enough to his election campaigns. Then he acted on them. DeLay has also been known to let lobbyist assist him with drafting legislation. Of course to go into all of DeLay's corruption would require more bandwidth than this site has. Interestingly enough, this paragon of moral virtue was the chief driving force behind Clinton's impeachment. Other Bush allies include the always intelligent Jerry Falwell and the brains behind the outfit Karl Rove, the man who orchestrated an attack on John McCain's reputation that was downright shameful.

But our boy Bush has quite the record of achievement in office.

1. Just short of nine months into his term on September 11, 2001 two planes crashed into the World Trade Center in New York City. Another crashed into the Pentagon and another went down in Pennsylvania. President Bush was so on the lookout for terrorism that the worst act of terrorism in US history occurred on his watch. To listen to him tell, a great surge of Americans lifted him into office only after this tragedy occurred. The President cared so much about the topic that he did not mention the topic at all during his election, spent most of the preceding month on vacation and did not hold a cabinet meeting on the topic until just before the tragedy. He did not make it happen but he did nothing to prevent it.

2. Only minutes afterwards the tragedy everyone pretty much knew who did it- Osama Bin Laden. Four years later we are still pursuing Bin Laden. So funny, how it was so EASY for Bill Clinton to take Bin Laden when he wasn't wanted for anything and how hard it is easy for the president when the man is persona non grata in all but the most extreme Muslim circles.

3. President Bush says it's time to kick some ass. Afghanistan- home of the Bin Laden friendly Taliban is a no brainer. So who do we attack next? Saudi Arabia- the country that the majority of the hijackers called home. Iran- The country that harbored many of the terrorists involved in the attack during the planning stages. No we attack the one nation in the area that had nothing to do with the attack.

4. Hey, the leader in Iraq was a scumbag and we could take them easy. Taking the country at least has some advantages in the fact that we can use it as a base operations and get some oil out of the deal. Yet two and a half YEARS later we're still there. The country is a scene of incredible chaos and carnage. We haven't even guaranteed that we'll leave with a new ally or at least not a new enemy. In order to keep Iraq from becoming a second Iran we're stuck there.

5. Meanwhile back home we're breaking the bank to support the war. And many people are scared about a draft. We need many men and there are not nearly enough in Iraq and to pursue military action in the rest of the region if needed.

6. You'd at least think we put the fear of God in the terrorists. No they've expanded their scope and hit our allies now.

7. Back home we've experienced a devastating economy with an increase in Americans under the poverty level and losing jobs for the first time in 70 years.

So, even with all of Bill Clinton's flaws- and he had a lot of 'em- you can see how people can get nostalgic when things are this bad.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:00 pm

MauriceinIreland wrote:Here in Ireland we know our politicians and politicians everywhere are totally honest. Honest we do :shock:


Actually Maurice I tend to regard the vast majority of politicians - particularly American politicians - as being full of what you Irish call malarky.

MauriceinIreland wrote:
It's great reading the words of the holier than thou right wing fools here as if they did not know there are 40 shades of grey colouring a great number of political scandals.


This works both ways. Left wing 'fools' are just as bad as those on the right. I have little tolerance for extremists of either stripe.

MauriceinIreland wrote:
We Like Bill the fibber here in Ireland..he did great work for the peace movement in the north of our country.

I shook his hand here in Ireland because he is an Elvis fan too. AND he said to me the "Elvis at 13" statue is neat. :lol:


Consider yourself lucky Maurice. When he takes a shine to someone he's known to do some pretty unsavory things with cigars! Hey, there's a statue for ya! :wink: :lol:

MauriceinIreland wrote:Meanwhile Bush still sees not the growing errors of his ways. Sharon in
Israel is eating crow NOW! So to will Bush. Mark my words.


I'm more interested in how the Palestinians react to Israel's pull out. Will they uphold their end of the peace, or will they once again crank up the terrorism machine over the next perceived injustice?

Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:18 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:It'd be child's play to knock your mentally anemic comments right off the MB but...


Still waiting...tick tick tick. Thought so. :roll: Though if mine our anemic what are yours. :lol: :lol: That was the best laugh I had all day.

anemic-lacking force, vitality, or spirit, lacking interest or savor.

Should we take a poll on this? Even my detractors would disagree with this statement.

luckily, member Derry Fan did just that not too long ago.


BUZZ Wrong again. You are 1/2 of another who thinks that knows my motives, and yet not the brain to realize that I shared nothing with their limited intellect.

Anyone needing a good laugh, please do a search of Derry Fan's posts to see how easily he makes "genesim" disappear.


For a better one just look at any of your posts. Just search under pompous or assshole and you are sure to find Doc's post further up the page. No fooling kid.
Last edited by genesim on Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:53 pm

likethebike wrote:When the allegation is unwanted sexual harassment it makes positively absolutely no sense except by the most twisted and bent logic to inquire into a person's consensual relationships.


You can't be serious. "consensual"...and how would they know this without investigating? Answer me this, why was Clinton trying so hard to cover it up?

The investigation (if you could call it that) was not about his relations with women other than his wife. When a rapist is on a trial they don't call every women he ever dated or his current girlfriend.


Oh really. Well coming from a family that practices law this statement is laughable at best. When a rapist is on trial anything is game, and rightly so. BUT a current affair with a subordinate who could possibly have psychological problems and we didn't know at that time was being sexually harrassed? Oh wait, Clinton was doing everything to obstruct justice at that time anyway! Dude it is obvious you will go down on this, and like I said before, what if it was one of your loved ones? This line of thinking is entirely absurd.

Clinton lied under oath and it is clear to me that you will do anything to protect that fact.

We were the joke of the world for this investigation.


No Clinton was, and still is, and always will be. In the history books he will be nothing more then the president that was impeached for what....getting head in the oval office. :lol: :lol: Oh the Clinton legacy.

As for Bin Laden, we did not have him


Thanks to Bill the country was looking the other way...as well as him.

The rest of your "bile" I will not comment on. It is not pertinent to the discussion. Comparing Bush to Hitler is putrid. If you cannot see the difference, then perhaps you should study your history. I stated that Hitler was a great public speaker...like Clinton, but I never once put him in the same class. That power was taken away from him. :wink:

Funny how a liberal when backed against the wall will go after the other party. I noticed you skated around the fact that using Tax dollars to buy your way out of a sexual harrasment conviction is wrong? So you still think that lying under oath is ok? Getting others to do the same, is that also ok? Trying to cover evidence to hide a criminal investigation is that ok as well? Going back, if someone was trying to rape one of your loved ones, would you really find it wrong for your prosecution team to go after the "boss"s current affair with a subordinate?

If you wanna talk about getting people killed needlessly we can go onto Clinton's war actions. If you wanna talk about Clinton's draft dodgeing that can be fun too. In the grand scheme of things he is a flea.

Bush will have something to show for the conflict in the end and it will be talked about for generations. The war on terror is necessary and like alot of things America stands alone. We are leaders, and will be for a long time to come. The difference is that Bush will fight for his cause and finish the job.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:05 pm

genesim wrote:The difference is that Bush will fight for his cause and finish the job.


Very good :lol:

Geno, did you ever write material for the greats like Bob Hope ?

Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:26 pm

Pete Dube wrote:
MauriceinIreland wrote:Here in Ireland we know our politicians and politicians everywhere are totally honest. Honest we do :shock:


Actually Maurice I tend to regard the vast majority of politicians - particularly American politicians - as being full of what you Irish call malarky.



Pete, Will you ever see beyond the obvious? I have never used the word, malarky....I'm a city boy:-)

As for the rest of your post, a sense of humour might help.

Left wing fools, the Doc included, are like me rarely wrong...but having said that, to err is human. Unless your GWB!

This thread is really enlightening I hope it continues we humans are really fascinating!

Sex is really deadly:-) Overwhelming force and carpet bombing of peasants is even deadlier!!! Yet it did little to beat the long suffering Vietnamese. "When will they ever learn when will they ever...........".

Read Bill's book it's an education. But read a few of the Clinton biographies too. What a guy. A very nice man by all accounts. Everything taken into consideration......even the big fib when it comes to it:-)

The Apartheid state of Israel is an island of ignorance in a sea of fanaticism!
1066 and all:-)

Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:30 pm

Steve_M wrote:Geno, did you ever write material for the greats like Bob Hope ?


Nah, I got too many to compete with on this board. Just check out some of the latest offerings from my opponents.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:47 pm

MauriceinIreland wrote:
Pete, Will you ever see beyond the obvious? I have never used the word, malarky....I'm a city boy:-)

As for the rest of your post, a sense of humour might help.


Err Maurice, my comments about politicians and Clinton were in fact delivered with a sense of humor. I actually voted for Bill Clinton in '92, and still think he was overall a good president. Not great mind you, but good. I would've gladly voted for Joel Leiberman if he had been the democratic frontrunner in '04. He got my vote back when I still lived in my home state of Connecticut. Good man. I was a McCain supporter back in '00, and truly wish he'd run as an independent. So you see Maurice, I'm not a right wing fool ..... just an independent one! :lol:

Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:48 am

According to some, America is a ONE party system the Republicans and Democrats agree on just about everything except perhaps social medicine and the level of welfare payments.

Big business rules the economy in just about every country.

Here in Ireland our politicians are rogues..lovable rogues...a little like Clinton. But our local Conservative went to jail for accepting large amounts of cash from land developers, and others are stll being investigated.

A former head of goverment Charles Haughey actually ran rings around the legal system with the aid of smart lawyers and got away with gun running, and millions of Euros. He is still highly respected in certain areas here...you should read HIS life story. A fascinating insight into the human condition.

Pete, I did not call anyone in particular a right wing fool :D

A cousin of mine, a business man lived in Hartford Connecticut for many years but had to return to Ireland with his dying wife because the cost of health in the States was depleting their life savings at a very rapid rate.

Social medicine is a must for every, civilised, state!

Now about cigars................I used to enjoy a Hamlet now and then:-) Smoked them like cigarettes!

Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:10 pm

I pointed a mere few of George Bush's shortcomings to point out the hypocrisy of the Clinton hunt. Cheating on your wife is apparently much worse than cheating your country.

Spending $800,000 in taxpayer's money to end a lawsuit is wrong but "losing" $9 billion in Iraq is perfectly acceptable.

Clinton was accused of showing his penis to a woman in a private hotel room. Bush has raped the country. The current president is the biggets prostitute I have ever seen and worse than that he is an idiot who has never a multi-tiered or original thought in his life. His entire purpose is to function as a puppet for the rest of his advisors, administration and big business. He's been carried his whole life and he's being carried now. The pproblem is that now he's being carried at our expense.

I thought comedian Bill Maher summed him up quite well: "Stop claiming you have an 'agenda'. It's not an agenda; it's a random collection of laws that your corporate donors paid you to pass."

And stop playing the Hitler card please. Show me some nuanced thinking here. It's not a one to one comparison and you know it. In the debates, in sspeeches after the debates up to this day he hounds on certain points and slogans to the exclusion of all others. Repeat, repeat, repeat until your BS becomes the truth. That's a Hitleresque method. This is a classic tool of the Bush machine to obfuscate a larger point by hanging all over a smaller detail.

Let's face it a Bush/Clinton comparison is clear cut. Bush presided over 9/11, Clinton didn't. Nothing you can say can erase that. The calendar says it. Nothing you can say can erase that Osama Bin Laden has not been caught. Nothing you can say can erase Bush losing jobs and the number of Americans in poverty increasing in his term. Nothing you can say can erase that he attacked a country that did not attack us under a false supposition and nothing you can say can erase the fact that he declared victory two years ago and we are still there. Nothing you can say can make weapons of mass destruction pop up in Iraq. Nothing you can say can erase that the economy was stronger under Clinton and that there was a relative peace during his eight years in office. And nothing you can say can dismiss that America definitely had a higher reputation in the world when he was president.

Also, please stop with the personal experience BS. Unless you're going to post an affidavit complete with a photo spread it means nothing in an anonymous forum. Lawyer, scientist, Indian chief, you've got to be the 21st century's last renaissance man. I could say I'm Brad Pitt but I'm not. I'm sure you are a very intelligent (which you have often shown on this forum) and professional man however there is no disgrace in just having read about something.

Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:47 pm

Blah blah blah. I see again that you have ignored the topic of conversation. It isn't hyprocricy to point out what Clinton has done and why I hate him. Bush honestly has nothing to do with this conversation. I could have alot of fun knocking everything you say down, but why is it you avoid the obvious?

You keep repeating over and over again how Clinton cheated on his wife as if that is reason. You ignore it just as others have done. Hell even bold letters don't get through. Are you purposely trying to hide the reasons I have laid out to you? Do you not understand the case? When someone keeps saying Clinton only cheated, I truly think that they are slow or crazy. This is not a jab at you, but only an explanation.

The problem with a liberal is that they don't like where a conversation is headed, so their only defense is to attack the other side. How G.W. Bush acts is really irrelevant to the way Clinton acted in office. I can stand up for my decision for G.W. Bush on its own grounds, but this is not that debate. Though lets get one thing clear, G.W. Bush inherited a slowing economy and the recession was turned around by the tax cuts. We haven't been doing great, but a 9/11 attack started when Clinton was in office and a war with Iraq that all Democrats agreed with doesn't help things.

But seriously, how about sticking to the subject at hand. Lets go back further to rectify this. Cheating on his wife was not the reason that he was impeached. Are you aware of this?

Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:07 pm

Bush also inherited a series of anti-US bombings by muslim extremists.

1993....

2000....

2001...

um, who was President during the First WTC attack and the USS Cole attack?

and the 19 hijackers sleeper cells were already here in the US while Clinton was Prez, correct?

Bush also inherited a Pentagon that was adept and primed for missions to attack Iraq - and experienced - they already had bombed Iraq by Clinton's orders in '98.

how soon we forget

Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:16 pm

What I don't get is why someone would want to bait these obvious flaws. Very good points GG. Hell I was just trying to get the purgery debate in order. To me this is an obvious short coming and not personal. It seems that many have guilt about voting for their candidate and want to trash the current administration to justify it.

The presidency is not over yet, and I believe that when it is all over G.W. Bush will be one of our best presidents. This conflict is ending and alot of things will be changed after it is over and the U.S.A. will have a spike in economy. This is what I hope..unlike the left that would love nothing better then to see America fail at this time because their office didn't come ot power.

Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:10 pm

there's a suspicious pattern here:

Clinton's 1st year in office === World Trade Center attack

Bush's 1st year in office === World Trade Center attack

attempts to destroy those twin towers and the people in it
probably has nothing to do with who's President at that moment.
Those filthy sinister sandrats hate Americans period.


On 9/11.. word comes: "Mr. president, the country's under attack."

Bush was allegedly dumbfounded to hear we're under attack.
What was his first thought? I dunno but it could've been:
Is it China? Over that downed spy plane?

If Clinton had got a third term (which would make some people so giddy pee-their-pants happy if he did)
If Clinton was told that morning..."we're under attack."
how'd he respond?
"Under attack? What? Again?"
Hmm?
Does this have something to do with those stolen laptops from my embarassed State Dept. to which little old lady Albright shrugs off the crime. Is that coming back to haunt us now in 01?

Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:59 am

I have addressed all your points ad infinitum. As with every post on every political and many times non-political targets you ignore and dismiss any evidence that disagrees with your point. There is no point that can be made because you do not deal in logic and you do not deal in facts. You deal in half facts and half truths rumors. I have had it with your and your homophobic, racist buddy. I have tried to treat you with respect and dignity. However, you have forfeited that privilege. I just don't have the time to spoon feed you.

Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:34 am

Lets get this in some kinda order:

Bush sucks - big time.

The end.

Next thread....

Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:09 am

Likethebike -

You seem to have the ability to see George W Bush [and his administration] the way the rest of the world sees them.

This is unusual in an American.

They normally have their rose-coloured glasses on.

Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:56 am

Well isn't it funny how this has turned into some G.W. Bush debate when the original debate was whether CLINTON committed purgery or not???

Now you state that you will not treat me with respect and dignity? Is this a cry baby routine?

Funny after all these posts that you will still hold on to the fact that Clinton only cheated and not to the fact that he lied under oath during a criminal prosecution. It goes around and around in circles with you not be able to grasp what I am even debating.

You talk about me dealing with half truths?? Name ONE. How about disproving ANYTHING that I have said. You originally stated that the "head on a platter" was started by the Sudanese and there is no basis for linking it to Clinton. Then when I show you a well known fact stating the opposite by showing an EXACT QUOTE BY CLINTON HIMSELF you skate around it. Hate to be bothered by facts don't you. :lol: This is a clear cut case of him letting someone else take blame. He was more then happy to pass off the resposibility and many people died because of it. Hell did he even give a warning? No he was too busy getting his in the oval office. Now how about adressing this instead of whining like a baby.

I deal in facts, you deal in attacks to Republicans with no basis or sound judgement in regards to taking a stance on the subject at hand. Spoon feeding me? What message is that, Clinton shouldn't be punished for cheating on his wife? Sorry, but it was never that reason to begin with, you cannot discern the difference.

What GG says has no bearing on me and I would appreciate you taking the f*cking label off of me because I have said nothing Homophobic or Racist. Using me in the same sentence for such things pisses me off to no end.

As for GG he uses strong words, but I have read nothing that states him having a "fear of homosexuals" or that he believes he is "superior to any race". These labels have been tossed around enough and it shows what a small person you have become for insighting such statements....deserved or not, who are you to judge?

Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:58 am

ColinB wrote:Likethebike -

You seem to have the ability to see George W Bush [and his administration] the way the rest of the world sees them.

This is unusual in an American.

They normally have their rose-coloured glasses on.


Funny how you have so many things to say about our President and yet should be showing alot more respect. You would think bombs on buses would straighten your view about the real threat to the world. The U.S.A and U.K.'s actions will be monumental long after the hippies of the world have finished their flower songs.

Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:19 am

genesim wrote:
Well isn't it funny how this has turned into some G.W. Bush debate when the original debate was whether CLINTON committed purgery or not???


Happy Birthday President Clinton!!

Now you state that you will not treat me with respect and dignity? Is this a cry baby routine?


Awwwww don't cry lil cry baby it'll be OK. :lol: :lol:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:36 am

How did I know you would show up again. :lol: Couldn't stay away could you?

So how is Jerry the coward doing? You claim you want peace, but you keep coming back like the good little stalker you are.