Off Topic Messages

See you later

Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:29 am

abc
Last edited by elvissessions on Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Re: See you later

Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:34 am

elvissessions.com wrote:(And no this isn't one of those "you'll never see me again/here I am again situations.")


Thank you for that!


In case it matters, I enjoy myself immensely.

Still, I hate to see anyone leave the board no matter what the reason. I sure wouldn't let negativity get to me. The positive still out weighs the negative on here.

Take a little break and get some fresh air. Then we'll see you later. In the meantime.......'Til we meet you again, may God bless you. Adios.

.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:44 am

Hate to see a true fan bow out...

Whenever I get to feeling like this I always visit the AEK message board. It don't take me long to realize how good we got it over here...lol.

I have considered posting one of those adios threads before but I am to afraid my already fragile ego would take quite a hit :lol:

Just out of curiosity what message board are you going to? I have thought about visiting others but have never spent the time to search one out. Hell it took me three years before everytime I made a post someone didn't curse me out...lol

I remember my very first post, it was one of those cheesey threads introducing myself and expressing my devotion to Elvis. I was subsequently dressed down by DJC for my grammar, sentence structure and lack of overall coherence.
For the life of me I can't figure how that guy has not been kicked off this board. So right off the bat I had to grow a thick skin but I think it was worth it. I have made a lot of friends on this board.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:55 am

I am with you 100% on this ES,using the memphis boy for a fight is sad and he must be turning in his grave at the things that people say/do in his name.

Yes there is more good people than bad on this site ... but there is more than just a couple who go for it in name tho ... and thats sad.


Just a view.

Re: .

Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:12 pm

Blue-Gypsy wrote:I remember my very first post, it was one of those cheesey threads introducing myself and expressing my devotion to Elvis. I was subsequently dressed down by DJC for my grammar, sentence structure and lack of overall coherence.
For the life of me I can't figure how that guy has not been kicked off this board.

This type of negative,out-of-left-field posting is a good reason why elvissessions.com is leaving the MB.

Your obsession with me is getting very old. Why haven't I been "been kicked off this board"? Maybe it's because I've done nothing to merit such an action.

Unless you can present this "very first post" which you claim I "dressed down," I'd appreciate an apology. One is long overdue in your case already.

Best of luck to you, elvissessions.com.

DJC

Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:55 pm

ES,

Whenever I am fed up with the BS on this board, I am going to find other things to do. I could never leave for good, because I'd be sorry to leave some old friends, good comments and knowledge behind. Lots of people make significant contributions. That's what really matters... that's what really counts...not a few ignorant people, stupid squabbles that get out of hand or some rude remarks. This sort of stuff goes on in every faction of society...in workplaces, in social clubs, in organizations, in classes, even in families (maybe especially there). And on MBs. It's part of living in a big world with all different kinds of people, each of whom have different personalities, different temperaments, different ways of expressing him/herself, different backgrounds and histories, different POVs.

There has to be room here for everyone, even when things get said with which others take issue and even if no one else agrees with a stated position. There has to be room to disagree....disagreement is an inescapable part of people getting together to exchange ideas, just as flame wars are an inescapable part. But most of the people here are adults, and adults are mature enough (or should be) to rise above pettiness and bickering and move on so that good work can be done.

I hate to hear about people packing up their baseball cards and walking away in disgust or disillusionment. Sometimes people vacate for a while or permanently. But most people realize this stuff is not what's important and can put it behind them and go forward.

If people choose to leave this board, because they don't have the time or because they're not getting anything from it anymore, that's one thing. But no one should quit participating IMO, because they don't like some people, things that were said or the way a thread evolved, etc. This is not meant to be a value judgment or a criticism of anyone. It's just my observation that things like this shouldn't happen, I don't think they need to.

Obviously I don't know what all you're going through, but I think leaving the board is a bit drastic, especially when you consider how quickly opinion sways here. But I respect your decision. So don't worry, I am not going to write anything along the lines of please stay. Here's hoping to 'see you later'. Until then best of everything to you.

Re: .

Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:03 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Blue-Gypsy wrote:I remember my very first post, it was one of those cheesey threads introducing myself and expressing my devotion to Elvis. I was subsequently dressed down by DJC for my grammar, sentence structure and lack of overall coherence.
For the life of me I can't figure how that guy has not been kicked off this board.

This type of negative,out-of-left-field posting is a good reason why elvissessions.com is leaving the MB.

Your obsession with me is getting very old. Why haven't I been "been kicked off this board"? Maybe it's because I've done nothing to merit such an action.

Unless you can present this "very first post" which you claim I "dressed down," I'd appreciate an apology. One is long overdue in your case already.

Best of luck to you, elvissessions.com.

DJC


How is this for an apology....

FUK OFF!

I wonder how many people have left this board strictly on my account DJC?
I wonder how many people have left this board strictly on your account
DJC?

How many polls have been started wanting me kicked off this board DJC?
How many polls have been started wanting you kicked off this board DJC?

Uh...yeah, I am the reason people leave the board....whatever :roll:

And if god ever grants me the opportunity to meet your little sniffly, orkle, ass in person, you will see exactly what kind of aplogy I will deliver. Now push your glasses back up on your nose and get to typing!

Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:32 pm

Great post Melanie...I agree completely, so I will just let that stand on that side.

Though a few particulars. The 50's and 70's debates will go on forever. There is nothing wrong with it. Call it negative, but it is still at least discussion. I laugh at the prospect of Elvis fading. For those that want proof of his worth, check out the book Elvis after Elvis. Probaby one of the coolest reads and taught me alot about the man.

As for the FTD's. Geez it is a free country, and there is nothing wrong with complaining about Colonol tactics. Loving You is proof positive of a completely useless venture. I myself complain loud so perhaps the powers that be who have visited the board see this fact. How many has it been...4 remasters??? We all got it, how about something a little more constructive? FTD is a great label. I enjoyed it, but enough is enough. 30 dollars is too much money for one cd. If anything is making me stop collect it is the constant price gouging for the collector, and the absence in the commercial field...save for the upteenth Christmas compilation. Elvis in the way is a complete waistland. The demographic will even be saturated. Elvis Christmas may sell now, but if this approach keeps going, the golden hen will cease.

elvissessions.com I will miss your posts and 500 is hardly nothing to miss. Oh sure when it comes to Sam and Colin its peanuts....but hey that is all of us. lol Take care and good luck with anything you do in the future, here is hoping to find you posting again someday.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:53 pm

If that´s the reason I am really sad...

Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:54 pm

Genesim made some great points. (Wow, did I just write that? :shock: :D .

Seriously, ES, sorry to see you go, but it sounds like
you'll return, too.

Frankly, I think the internet has been a boon for communication
for Elvis fans and god love us for discussing this stuff.
In the '80s, I was totally cut-off from this. Never did
I think I'd come to know Elvis fans from Brazil, the UK,
Holland, France, Malaysia, etc.!

And RCA/BMG and FTD and Ernst all need criticism, even
unfiltered criticism. I see nothing wrong with that.

Free discussion is a good thing, even when things go
off the rails as they occasionally do (see above :roll: ).

See you in the funny papers, as they used to say!


(Good luck and thanks for making this "off-topic" at least.
At the risk of sounding mean, I think you are being over-sensitive.
Regards, just the same.

Image

Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:41 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:
Free discussion is a good thing, even when things go
off the rails as they occasionally do (see above :roll: ).



That's me baby! Completely off the rails! :lol:

Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:50 pm

:lol: :lol:

Imagine how boring this board would be if we always soberly
discussed things? Or just said:" you are right, Genesim."

Or sang "Kubaya" ? :lol: :

Image

.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:39 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:
Imagine how boring this board would be if we always soberly
discussed things? Or just said:" you are right, Genesim."



LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

You gotta admit that was pretty funny Genesim!

Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:06 pm

Kumbaya...(with a microphone to my throat)...Kumbaya.... That was for all you South Park fans out there. And yes it was funny!

Incidently, this is completely off subject(but consdering the song...perhaps it does relate quite a bit!), but this for the guitar fans. Been working my ass off on this interpretation and I love it.

http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/maybei/index.shtml

Scroll down to middle of page and play video. So beautiful..go back to index of movie-enabled lessons to learn the rest of it.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:28 pm

Pretty good acoustic ALWAYS ON MY MIND, Genesim. :D

And ElvisSessions will be ALWAYS ON MY MIND. :cry:

Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:03 pm

genesim wrote:Kumbaya...(with a microphone to my throat)...Kumbaya.... That was for all you South Park fans out there. And yes it was funny!


NNNNNNNNNNNN I thought so too NNNNNNNNNNNN
Image

Tom
Last edited by Tom in North Carolina on Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:56 pm

That´s the reason this MB exists....to discuss different ideas and opinions and no better place exists than here...but why?
We have people from all the world...South America, North America, Europe, Asia, Afrika, Oceania (did I forget some?) and maybe sometimes cultural differences will be in conflict...not all the cases of course...
But we are here for that.

Re: .

Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:53 am

Blue-Gypsy wrote:How is this for an apology....

FUK OFF!

Pathetic, yet typical.

Well, elvissessions.com, it's obvious you're too right on the subject of negativity.

DJC

Re: .

Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:28 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Did I Do That?




Image

Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:20 pm

This thread is indeed typical for the spreading of negativity, and I can't blame elvissessions.com for turning his back on this Board.
Already in the second reply to his original post the negativity took over.

And I'm pretty sure the responses to his post will not make elvissessions.com change his mind. On the contrary ....

Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:30 pm

And big deal. Most of us are mature 95% of the time on FECC,
if not 99%.

I really tire of these self-righteous kiss-offs, although
in fairness, ES was restrained compared to most.


In fact, he handled it with class and respect his opinion.

Sort of.