Off Topic Messages

The Amazing Kate Bush.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:59 am

"Catherine Bush was born in 1958, when British pop was waiting to be rescued by Elvis Presley. Her father was an English GP who played jazz piano, married to an Irishwoman who had been an accomplished folk dancer in Co Waterford. She was brought up in a comfortable home with two older brothers, John and Paddy. Both were fanatical about folk music and Kate imbibed their records of folk, sea shanties and Irish jigs."

When I saw her for the very first time singing "Wuthering Heights" on TV, I knew instinctively an original talent had arrived.

Getting the family to listen to her first album was hard work......... but they all eventually came to love her voice and music.

According to fan websites she is due to release a new album. Does anyone have recent info?

http://images.google.ie/images?q=tbn:Wn ... ages/kate-

Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:03 pm

I don't, but it is welcome news if true. I don't think British pop was waiting to be rescued in 1958 by Elvis. He had already recued it and reset its course which it still follows to this day. :roll:

Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:36 pm

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/ ... 85,00.html

Has the 1958 date..slipshod research by "The Times" of London journalist.

http://www.katebushnews.com/katenews.htm great website.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:50 pm

I don't mind a bit of bush!!!

Kate Bush!!!

8)

Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:54 pm

My Kate!...how dare you Sam:-)

Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:57 pm

Very nice Maurice!!! :D

8)

Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:45 pm

Now Maurice I hope you have learnt that articles written in The times are not good just because they wre written in The Times. It should be the other way around, The Times should only be regarded as being as good as the quality of its articles.

If Brit pop was waiting in 1958 when Elvis was inducted then it was in for a longer wait until 1960 when he came out. This wasn't the case as we know and 1956 was the year Elvis rescued not only pop music or redefined pop music but also gave birth to a new culture strictly for the teenagers until he went more mainstream after the army.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:18 pm

Steve_M wrote:Now Maurice I hope you have learnt that articles written in The times are not good just because they wre written in The Times.

Thanks Sam.

Well Steve, when I read "The Times" obituary for Elvis I learnt only too well about the quality of some of it's reporters.

The Observer, UK - Aug 13, 2005
Those two grandes dames of pop, Madonna and Kate Bush, are both due to release new albums in the coming months. An unlikely diva ...

I met Kate Bush September 1980 at an Album signing in the HMV Shop Manchester UK ...and kissed her on the cheek.

Don't cry Sam:-)

Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:45 pm

Circa 1980, was the time of the scandolous Kate Bush billboard poster which was showing that the photo was taken outside on a coldish day.

I wish I'd kissed Kate Bush on the cheek or even either side of her face.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:15 pm

Steve_M wrote:I wish I'd kissed Kate Bush on the cheek or even either side of her face.
:shock:

There are children here! :lol:

Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:52 pm

Steve_M wrote:Circa 1980, was the time of the scandolous Kate Bush billboard poster which was showing that the photo was taken outside on a coldish day.

Yeah! I always regret taking this one. Soaping her down afterwards was even more hard work! :wink:

Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:06 pm

Delboy, you wish.

http://gaffa.org/wow/th3.html Kate from a girl to a very sensual woman.

She has a truly remarkable voice and her songs reveal a wonderful imagination, as for Kate's dancing....sigh :) Eat your heart out Nuryev what a partner she would have made for you.

Maureen dragged me to see Nuryev and Fontaine in Manchester 1974?........I was impressed, that guy could really jump :lol:

Those who do not have at least the first 4 Kate Bush Albums are missing a treasure.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:25 am

For Kate fans.................... just in case I'm kept too busy with our grandchildren today..................... and the whole week....whew! Image

Eat your heart out Delboy. No you can't have her address :lol: