The Transporter-Special Delivery Edition
The Ring II

Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:12 pm

Cleopatra 3-disc Special Edition

A Bridge Too Far SE - later this week

Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:30 pm

Melanie wrote:A Bridge Too Far SE - later this week

Melanie,
Unfortunately, we have to wait until October 25th to get the two-disc Special Editions of A Bridge Too Far and The Battle of Britain here in the states. Can't wait, though.

Tom

Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:36 pm

A BRIDGE TOO FAR is a gem of an SE,enjoy.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:21 pm

Tom,

A Bridge Too Far / The Battle Of Britain might be the only two films, where Region2 buyers get a chance to purchase the SE before anyone else. As you know R1 is usually ahead and some (sometimes important) titles don't get a R2 release at all. I can't wait for November, The High And The Mighty R2, so I guess it is somewhat balanced, not. :wink:

Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:01 pm

The Osterman Weekend
The Scalphunters
Sin City

Tom,

Heard anything about "Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid" or "Cross of Iron" being released? Thanx.

Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:06 pm

Don't know where you are from, but Cross Of Iron has been released overhere over a year ago:

Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:50 am

PikeBishop67 wrote:Tom,

Heard anything about "Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid" or "Cross of Iron" being released? Thanx.

Cross of Iron was released on DVD way back in 2000, though the quality was not quite up to par. A 2-disc special edition is reportedly in the works.

A directors cut of Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid was on the production list at MGM, but may be caught up in some legal issues. I haven't heard any news on it in quite some time. Let me do some digging.

I gotta hand it to you, Pike, you know a great director when you see one. Peckinpah was a master. You do know that a 2-disc SE of The Wild Bunch is currently in production, right?

Tom

Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:06 am

Hi Tom,

As long as we are talking about possible releases coming, do you know when and if they will release "Everwood Season 2" or the classic "Leave It To Beaver"?
Many thanks.

jeff R

Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:25 am

jeffreyjames wrote:Hi Tom,
As long as we are talking about possible releases coming, do you know when and if they will release "Everwood Season 2" or the classic "Leave It To Beaver"?Many thanks.
jeff R

Considering that season 1 of Everwood was released just about a year ago, I'm actually surprised that season 2 is not out yet. However, Warner has made no official announcement, which usually means there is a hold up somewhere, most likely music rights. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Ahhhhh yes, the much sought after Beaver. Well, according to a past press release from Universal, Leave It To Beaver-Season 1 will "definitely be released in 2005." Now, who knows what could have happened in the meantime, but I am still quite confident that we will see it very, very soon.

Not great answers, but I hope I helped a little bit.

Tom

Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:07 pm

[You do know that a 2-disc SE of The Wild Bunch is currently in production, right?

Tom[/quote]

yeah. great news, finally. i have p.g. and billy the kid, director's cut, on laser. well, its titled director's cut. would that be the same d.c. that their mastering for the dvd? as always, thanx for the info, Tom. 8)

Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:13 pm

Thanks for your responses, Tom.
I know "Beaver" may sound funny to some but I grew up with that show. I was the same age as Beaver and it was fun. He got into nearly as much trouble as I did. Too bad I didn't have an older brother like Wally. But my older brother did have friends like Eddie Haskel and worse.

jeff R

Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:47 pm

Bob-Holland wrote:Don't know where you are from, but Cross Of Iron has been released overhere over a year ago:

hey bob,

thanx. 8) i'm in u.s., southern cali.

Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:12 pm

No Jeff...Beaver doesn't sound funny to me at all. I can relate to anyone that grew up with it. It is my opinion that there isn't enough of it!

Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:49 am

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to say, Genesim?

jeff R

Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:32 pm

The TV show. What were you thinking of?

Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:39 pm

Opinions on Beaver as a TV show is split down the middle.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:16 am

It depends on what angle you look at it from. There have been good ones and a bad ones, but most are pretty enjoyable.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:52 am

Some of the older ones are kinda stinky though. :shock:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:45 am

Jeff D,

What are you trying to say? I don't quite understand.

jeff R