Off Topic Messages

REO Speedwagon

Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:55 am

I recently bought the 2 CD set The Essential REO Speedwagon and haven't taken it out of my stereo yet. I had forgotten how many great songs these guys had. Kevin Cronin and the guys have never released a better collection of hits than on this double package.

Is it just me or does anyone else always seem to have to crank the volume when listening to their music? Just sounds better loud and normally I don't like loud music.

Just listen to the words to Can't Fight This Feeling. Man, what a song!

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:30 am

Those ESSENTIAL cd's are really a great purchase!

I am especially fond of the Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel cd's in this series and the packaging, in most cases, are real nice.

I have not heard the REO SPEEDWAGON release, (I haven't even seen it in stores!) but it looks good, and I like sum of their songs, but I was never real hard core on them, then or now, to consider buying another cd from them...

It kool that your jammin' to it Rob...

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:58 am

I bought the Essential HEART set... it is awesome! I really covers the highlights in their carrier very well better than any of their other Greatest Hits packages. I would highly recomend it. I didn't know REO had this package out... I will definatly look for it.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:20 pm

Now I know there's an 'Essential' set of both REO Speedwagon and Heart I'll be on the lookout for both. Only had one REO album ('Tune a Piano but Can't Tuna Fish'.........great title!), 'Roll With the Changes' was a great track! 8)