Off Topic Messages

Question for Tom In NC

Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:51 pm

Any info on a dvd release of the Kolchak: The Night Stalker tv series?

Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:04 pm

Pete,
Season 1 of Kolchak: The Night Stalker will street on October 4. In the meantime, pick up:

Tom

P.S. Sorry it took me so long to answer. I'll try to do better in the future. :wink:

Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:28 pm

Thanks for the info Tom. I got the Night Stalker/Night Strangler dvd when it first came out last year. I watched them again over the weekend, which got me curious as to when the tv series will be released.

There's also a new Night Stalker tv series due out in the fall. I'm a bit apprehensive about this, Stuart Townsend - God help us - is Kolchak, and he's got a female partner! But it's being done by one of the X-Files producers so I'm willing to give it a chance. Still, I can't see anyone as Kolchak but Darrin Mcgavin.

Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:20 am

When will EOT "street," Tom?

Next week, because of the petition? 8) :lol:

Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:13 pm

Universal has officially announced the DVD release of Kolchak: The Night Stalker for 10/4. The 3-disc set will include all 20 episodes from the series' 1974-75 season on ABC. Video will be the original full frame, with Dolby Digital 2.0 mono audio. The studio promises that the episodes have been "digitally restored for maximum clarity." Kolchak, which starred Darren McGavin, was one of the inspirations for Chris Carter's The X-Files, so this is very cool news indeed.

Tom

Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:36 pm

No, end of August :lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:55 pm

Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:56 pm

Last night I saw a very brief blurb for the new Night Stalker series. My impression is that this is basically going to be the X-files under another name, with reporters instead of FBI agents. I'm still going to give this a chance, but I don't think this is going to bear much, if any, resemblance to the Darrin McGavin character/series.

Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:01 pm

TINC, little puppy dog, CAN you find me a bone of contention?

Great to see you performing your public duty for google.com Does your family get as much attention............ I wonder?

http://www.free-press-release.com/news/ ... 44251.html

Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:06 pm

MauriceinIreland wrote:TINC, little puppy dog, CAN you find me a bone of contention?

Sorry Dingus, but you're on your own. Much like I'm sure your wife does, you'll have to find your bone elsewhere.

Tom

Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:14 pm

TINC,
http://disney just makes you a bigger liar :lol:

Hows that for a pat on the back. Boy you are so predictable...childsplay...but of course you still are a child hence all this cartoon stuff you love soooo much.

Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:26 pm

Sorry, Maggo, but I have neither the time nor inclination to read your little self promoting blog. Sell it somewhere else.

Tom