The Premiership! Where will it go??

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Kristian Hjelmaas

Post by Kristian Hjelmaas »

Chelsea is starting to look like PL winners already.
Not because they necessarily have been impressive, but because the other rivals seems to throw away easy points every weekend...

Man United should concentrate on getting their formation back on track (4-4-2 vs the current 4-3-3 formation is obviously a discussion theme among them at the moment).

Liverpool have only 1 victory so far, and 5-five draws! Don't win the league that way...

Arsenal looks like they're only a shadow of themselves so far, but they can still get a grip...

One of these 4 will win the league, and at the moment it (sadly) looks like the silverware once more will go to Stamford Bridge...

Br
Kristian

Topic author
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

This is a serious candidate for 'The most stupid thread title award'!!!!!!

Chelsea were awesome against Liverpool yesterday and are already 13/8 favourites for next season's title! :shock:

Keith Richards, Jr.

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

I love the Premier League but this year I just can't get excited about it. Chelsea are too good. They could play with their eyes closed and their legs chopped off and they would still win. La Liga and Champions League are my priorites this season.

I doubt Henry will go to Barcelona this winter. Barcelona don't really need another striker right now, do they? After all, they do have Larsson, Eto, Ronaldhino, Messi, Maxi, and Guily already...

Keith Richards, Jr.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

Kristian Hjelmaas

Delboy wrote:This is a serious candidate for 'The most stupid thread title award'!!!!!!

Chelsea were awesome against Liverpool yesterday and are already 13/8 favourites for next season's title! :shock:
That's exactly why Chelsea are not going to win PL this season!
(I know - wishful thinking...)

Gallas has been quoted saying that Chelsea will win the league already by January. How arrogant is that!?

To use the famous Kevin Keegan line: "I would LOVE it if we beat them! Just'd love it!"

Mourinho and his overpaid bunch of players might start believing that they are unbeatable, and if so - they could easily crack up..!

(Please, please, please - just let them do that...) :roll:

Br
Kristian

Topic author
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Everton's new sponsors are Easyjet!

In and out of Europe in 3 hours! :wink:

Kristian Hjelmaas

Delboy wrote:
Everton's new sponsors are Easyjet!

In and out of Europe in 3 hours! :wink:
Everton certainly have met the wall, after their brilliant season last year!

Just shows how hard it is for the teams behind the fabulous four to maintain their strength over at least 2-two seasons...

But I bet the blue Mersey side are still laughing their asses off after their red rivals got hammered at Anfield this weekend... :wink: :lol:

Br
Kristian

TJ

Post by TJ »

Now we're very close to the end of the season, I'd thought it would be interesting to resurrect this thread.

Looking back at our earliest predictions, it seems Arsenal have done worse than generally expected and Man U better. Quite a few of us also rightly identified Spurs as the dark horse. Blackburn and Wigan fans can be pretty pleased with their current positions, particularly Wigan who have certainly surprised most.
Any predictions for the final top 6?

Mine is:

Chelsea
Man U
Liverpool
Spurs
Arsenal
Newcastle

Blackburn have the current 3 point advantage over Newcastle, but I'm hoping that will be overturned in the last 3 games. Both have Chelsea left to play, but I think Newcastle might cope better with their other 2 fixtures. I have a slight soft spot for Newcastle, so maybe wishful thinking.

The fourth place spot could easily go to Arsenal instead. I think the derby on Saturday will decide it.

rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

SPL

1.CELTIC
2.HEARTS
3.RANGERS :D :D :D

Ezzz

Post by Ezzz »

For many years as a child and an adult, i hated Arsenal, really hated them. Boring Arsenal they were, especially under George sticky fingers Graham.

But since the arrival of Monsieur Arsene Wenger, they have been a delight to watch, even by their standards, on an indifferent season like this one.

Arsenal play the game as it should be played, and for that reason i would love to see them peg back Spurs and bag that fourth spot. Of course if they win the Champions League, it would`nt matter. But a team like Arsenal should qualify over a team like Spurs.

Wenger, has been the best ever football import to English football.

Errol

TJ

Post by TJ »

Ezzz wrote: Arsenal play the game as it should be played, and for that reason i would love to see them peg back Spurs and bag that fourth spot. Of course if they win the Champions League, it would`nt matter. But a team like Arsenal should qualify over a team like Spurs.
I think the side that plays the most consistent football should quality and that no team should qualify by virtue of past glories. Spurs have been consistently ahead of Arsenal for months and, considering the lowly position they came from last season, will fully deserve their fourth place if they get it.