Off Topic Messages

What Prompted You To Pick Your Avatar And ScreenName?

Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:03 pm

OK......as the question was raised recently in another thread, what DID prompt you to pick the screen name and avatar you did??

Did you spend a lot of time agonizing over what you would choose, or did you just pick something thoughtlessly and move ahead??

Has anyone here changed specifically to have them better reflect your real persona??

As for me......Scatter was something I thought about for quite a bit. He reflected the crazy side of Elvis to me. He was something personal as opposed to a movie persona or a favorite song.

Scatter became something of a mini-legend to those who really knew something about Elvis. Joe Blow on the street would have no idea who the heck Scatter was, or that Elvis had such a pet at all. But those who were really fans would know the story immediately. I liked that element.

But most importantly for me, I like the undertones Scatter holds for initiates. I wanted someone slightly off-kilter, and decidedly BAAAAAAD. I almost went with "Hebler" :wink:

As for the avatar, that was produced for me by Elvis' Babe, and she has hosted it for me all this time as well (Thanks Babe :D ). I think she did a terrific job on it!!!!!

Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:31 pm

Well everyone was puting sh*t on the "Too Much Monkey Bussiness" CD,
and I like it so I used the cover. And as I've said before SAM is my initials.

:twisted:

Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:03 pm

Over 10 years ago I got a username from yahoo. Though it wasn't by me...but my father. I would have never picked sim instead of Simmons. It sounded nice anyway. short and sweet The lower case was also laziness from the old anonymous login.

As far as this board...too many Elvis avatars, I wanted to stand out.

Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:11 pm

I chose the user name, because I'm a big/bad guy who is a boss.

I chose the avatar, because I always liked Elvis' black acoustic guitars with the karate emblem.

Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:32 pm

I wanted my name but it clashed with someone very similar who had already registered. So I shortened my surname to just the initial.

My avatar changes and the new one was only added yesterday in direct repsonse to the thread Scatter mentioned.

Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:22 pm

Scatter -

My answer is the same as before....................

My username was causing some problems so I changed it to an abbreviated form of my real name.

For my avatar, it had to be early Elvis, performing if possible.

So the 1955 posed shot in RCA's New York studio was the closest I could get.

Tried changing it recently but people complained !

Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:55 pm

I use my real name. Nothing to hide.
I am known to speak my mind, which upsets some people who do not want to argue but think their opinion is the gospel truth!
Luckily there are also people who do not mind exchanging thoughts and opinions.
I have tried to upload an avatar of an Elvis phonecard but since I am no PC genius it never worked so therefore you see a red x

Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:59 pm

As all the Brits will know "Delboy" is the lead character in one of the most popular UK sit-coms 'Only Fools & Horses'. I'm a huge fan of the show! As a result, it is generally my password at work and various sites etc. So I used it here automatically. I generally use Photoshop avatars from the show and use quotes as a signature but have used Elvis recently. Looking back I would probably have used my own name but I'm not changing now. :D

Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:11 pm

i had this username on another board i used to post on, and wanted to use it here too. it just came to me really
as for the avatar, i just use whatever pic i like at the moment

Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:13 pm

Needed a name for my emails - my normal one had too much spam coming in- some of my friends in school / college called me " Elvis" or " Johnny B" ( among some other non printable ones :oops: )as I blasted that song often from the " in person" album; Elvis was too obvious, so this was what I chose. Avatar ? I was just too lazy to find out how to do it ....

Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:51 pm

As for my name...well, my parents chose that for me. My avatar describes quite accurately how much space there is in my head.

Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:14 pm

Stephen Butler wrote:As for my name...well, my parents chose that for me. My avatar describes quite accurately how much space there is in my head.

:lol: Yeah Stephen.......I should have specificly excluded you

:lol:

Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:47 am

KHoots comes from my name (Keith) and my nickname (Hoots), which comes from my last name, Huotari. It is also what I use for my radio name.

The avatar is just something that I liked from one of our members' sites.

Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:33 am

i nearly always go by "nileqt87" on messageboards, but i decided to do something fandom related for elvis ('cause i love the guy so damn much)...so elvis' babe. babe because, hey, isn't that what he calls us pretty gals--"bab-ay"? baby just points out my age, so it had to be babe. :lol: :wink:

the avatar--well, i change them frequently, and the current one is because elvis' joke lyrics crack me up so much.

Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:07 am

Delboy -

Thanks for the info.

I've often wondered where you got the name from !

Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:24 pm

ColinB

Actually I was joking! My real name's Delbertson Trottski and if you're in the Petticoat Lane area this morning be sure to stop by as I can do you a deal on fire damaged smoke alarms! :wink:

Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:16 pm

My avatar was from Harum Scarum :shock: but now I moved to On Tour poster....

Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:27 am

Delboy wrote:Actually I was joking! My real name's Delbertson Trottski

In that case, I have mailed your FTD to the wrong place!

Sorry.

Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:28 pm

My avatar is a pic of the only Elvis impersonator I've ever seen who was worth a crap. My screen name was easy to choose, as my name is George and I live in California.

George

Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:21 am

I have the biggest collection of Elvis Presley CDs in the world, you name it I have it. Promo Cds, Special Editions you name it, I have them all. That's why I'm the great CD KING.
A friend once told me, "Before anyone has anything, you CD King has everything!" sounds familiar?, never mind.
And that Avatar is not me either. I wish I am him. Just because I'm from Asia, you think I look like that. Actually I wish I look like that. That picture actually is that of the dashing Top Hong Kong Movie Actor of the 50s/60s era. Go to the YesAsia website and you can purchase 70 different DVD movies of him.

But for the time being, I will remain as the mysterious CD King aka Tom in Asia

Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:33 am

CD King -

You wrote:
And that Avatar is not me either.

Another illusion shattered !

Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:35 am

My original avatar was removed by request as it caused problems for the pages taking a while to load. dunno if it would be fixed now that it's on a faster server.

Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:38 am

Steve -

Only one way to find out....................

Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:16 pm

Steve_M wrote:My original avatar was removed by request as it caused problems for the pages taking a while to load. dunno if it would be fixed now that it's on a faster server.

Bring it on Steve!!!

8)

Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:32 pm

Rather than make it my avatar I'll test it in here first.

Can anyone say if its' a problem etc for the page loading, thanks.