Off Topic Messages

Can you ever have too much.....Buffy??

Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:15 pm

Fox has announced a 40 disc limited edition box set entitled The Buffy The Vampire Slayer Collection. The set will feature all seven previous season packages, and a bonus disc containing a new documentary with Joss Whedon. Each set will be individually numbered, will contain a signed letter from Joss Whedon, and a comprehensive book filled with episode listings and memorable Buffy quotes. The set will street on November 15th and cost about $200.

Tom

Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:50 pm

i already own all 12 seasons of btvs and ats. lmao. in fact, i'm watching "the gift" on tv as we speak and "waiting in the wings" is paused on my dvd player. there are 254 episodes combined. both are the same show as far as i'm concerned. it's one big story.

i actually belong to 4 buffy/angel boards...
buffyworld.com, buffy.nu, hellmouthcentral.com, and saveangel.com

obsess much. yeah.

the reason i started liking them was the deep emotional storylines.

dammit. the wb cancelled angel when it was actually going up in ratings during season 5. they did the same thing to btvs at season 5. ats season 6 was going to prolong the death of wesley, get him in a bad relationship with illyria (in fred's body) and possibly bring back oz! damn you, wb. damn you.

well i've heard things about possible tv movies--one about spike is of particular interest. a giles spin-off has been discussed for the bbc. a faith show was supposed to happen but eliza dushku turned it down to do the now cancelled tru calling show. there's also talk of an angel feature film after joss is done making a movie out of his also cancelled firefly show (serenity is coming out later this year). amy acker (fred) has spoken of wanting to do more, james marsters (spike) claims to be joss' bitch even though he's playing an immortal character and he's 42, david boreanaz (angel) is rightfully ticked at the wb and wants to play angel if it's upped for a theatrical film because the show is already so theatrical it's the logical next step...

(8 years of non-stop playing one character is pretty commendable, he holds the record...though mercedes mcnab played harmony from the original pilot (before welcome to the hellmouth) all the way to not fade away--so technically she's played the one personality wonder for 9 years. hahaha. same with julie benz's darla. first character you ever saw on both the pilot and show--openning sequences. she came a long way from being the vamp in a catholic school girl outfit with blazing guns that was supposed to be disposed of in the second episode. spike was supposed to die in what's my line, pt. 2 but they stuck him in a wheelchair instead and angel was supposed to give buffy information in season 1 and slip away into obscurity--and he got his own show)...

boy, i sound like a big geek.

favorite seasons are btvs 2 and 6 & ats 2, 3 and 5. none of them are truly bad. btvs 1 and 4 are fairly weak but episodes are saved by angel, spike, harmony, and anya a lot. season 7 of buffy was a spike and anya fest. ats had no weak seasons and very few weak episodes because the episodes were like watchinig one big gigantic 110 episode movie that all bled together with few fillers--btvs had quite a few, beer bad being the obvious culprit--btvs also worked better when it left off the creature of the week fillers which plagued the first season in particular.

worst character ever = riley. worst plot ever = the initiative/adam. kennedy and the groosalugg were horrendous also.

and i liked early buffy better than later buffy. she became a bitca who got overshadowed by spike. :lol: it quickly became the spike show. part of the reason they had spike attempt (accidently in a very messed up relationship) to rape buffy in seeing red was because everybody was liking spike and feeling sorry for him more than buffy and he was evil and soulless. buffy was the abusive one messing with spike's modus operandi and feelings. so he still came off more likeable than buffy. :lol:

sarah michelle gellar slept through season 7. but spike and anya saved it. andrew took over the comedy job as the walking nerd pop-culture encyclopedia. the potentials were annoying. buffy was at her best as a character in season 1 and 2.

angel losing his soul and becoming angelus was the best arc, buffy's naivity and having to send angel to hell, coupled with the drusilla/spike in season 2.

the nerds--particularly warren turned out to the second worst villain after angelus. he killed katrina and tara. and then willow flayed warren alive--one of the few scenes that nearly made me lose my lunch the first dozen times i saw it. evil willow was good.

darla was the best plot on ats. holtz was also an incredible plot. evil cordy killing lilah was also pretty good--you totally didn't see that coming when lilah was running from angelus. didn't like jasmine much, but i liked how all the prophecies linked together to bring her about. connor's grown on me, and i like him a bit even though i didn't much at first.

my fav ships are bangel (buffy/angel), spuffy (spike/buffy), dangel (darla/angel), sprusilla (spike/drusilla), and fredsley (fred/wesley). i massively enjoy sparmony (spike/harmony) and i actually liked spanya (spike/anya) more than xanya (xander/anya), but both were hysterical.

favorite episodes include darla, reunion, surprise, innocence, becoming pts. 1 & 2, lullaby, fool for love, not fade away, angel, crush, seeing red, entropy, lies my parents told me, the prodigal, somnambulist, orpheus, deep down, a hole in the world, shells, destiny, hellbound, sleep tight, loyalty, forgiving, quickening, i only have eyes for you, once more with feeling, smashed, passion, sleeper, selfless, the trial, dear boy, heartthrob, blood ties, intervention, amends, underneath, time bomb, billy, the prom, bad girls, choices, enemies, something blue, five by five, waiting in the wings, prophecy girl, etc...

OK, I REALLY NEED TO SHUT UP NOW. i can name just about every episode in order and most of each's dialog. :shock: i've been obsessed since last summer when my internet got taken away and went on a tv junkie rut. a year of buffy and angel so far. lol
Last edited by Elvis' Babe on Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:12 pm

Elvis' Babe wrote:boy, i sound like a big geek.

Well, now that you mention it......... :wink:

Tom

Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:37 pm

Tom -

Never mind the Buffy quotes.

For that sort of money, I'd wanna sleep with her.

Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:25 pm

I used to watch Buffy on and off. It was entertaining and well done. When they brought on Eliza Dushku (whom I find extremely sexy) I thought to myself that she was stealing the show, and that she was going to become a star. Lo & behold she has.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:05 am

just so you know, i've counted 4 mentions of elvis in the jossverse. there's also an entire episode of angel that takes place in vegas, and plays viva las vegas, albeit not the elvis version due to predictable old epe i'll bet.

anyway--here's the quotes:

BtVS - 2x16 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered
Cordelia: Who died and made you Elvis?

BtVS - 4x06 - Wild At Heart
Veruca : Number one? No. I gotta go with hound dog.
Willow : Me, too. That's a great song. I mean, Elvis; what a guy.
Veruca : You a big Elvis fan?
Willow : The biggest. Well, I mean, after Dingoes, of course.
Oz : We're actually talking amps. But it's easy to get confused; the names they give 'em.

AtS - 1x15 - Five By Five
Cordelia: Okay, Elvis. When you are a big star you can get away with not carrying any cash.

AtS - 4x03 - The House Always Wins
Angel: Oh, now I remember that room! Elvis and Priscilla's wedding reception, 1967. Yes! Alright. It's not like I was, you know, really invited. They just put me near the dais. ...I think somebody thought I was in the band. Probably because I was all drunk and surly. They had these little fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:37 am

ColinB wrote:Tom -

Never mind the Buffy quotes.

For that sort of money, I'd wanna sleep with her.

Yes Colin, at your age that's about all you could do...SLEEP!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:45 am

Sam -

I was trying to put it delicately.

I realise that concept would be entirely alien to you.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:56 am

ColinB wrote:Sam -

I was trying to put it delicately.

That's what Rusty loves about you!!! :wink:

:P

Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:39 am

if you aren't sure or not whether you would enjoy btvs/ats...i suggest you watch the following:

the entire 7 seasons of btvs in 3 minutes. literally. you will never see as many deaths and flayings than in this vid, lmao--and it actually makes it funny:
http://www.deadbutstillpretty.com/video ... mvhigh.wmv

in case you want to see people dance and kick butt to the nba theme, hehe:
http://www.morbidmuch.com/videos/buffyjam.zip

you can definitely get the gist of ats from this vid. (and it's funny as hell):
http://www.morbidmuch.com/AngelJam.zip

this is ats season 5 looking back on the other seasons (fabulous editing):
http://angelfire.com/vamp2/sosvids01/apocalypse.WMV

we are the champions (sums up both serieses):
http://aimee.inner-demons.org/thechampions.zip

---------------

favorite male characters: angel(us), william/spike, wesley, giles, lindsey, warren, jonathan, lorne

favorite female characters: buffy, darla, drusilla, fred, anya, lilah, harmony, early willow

favorite villains: angelus, warren, evil-willow, darla, drusilla, holtz, evil-cordy, the mayor, the master, holland manners, lilah, lindsey

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

just a few recent avies i've had. lmao.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:37 pm

I am so sorry I ever brought it up.

Tom

Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:41 pm

roflmao. :lol: did i ever tell you i have an obsessive disorder? :twisted:

does anybody else watch the shows regularly? i'll button the fandom here, but did anybody follow the plots and whatnot?

did you know that they are talking about movies being in the works?

Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:42 pm

Elvis' Babe wrote:did i ever tell you i have an obsessive disorder?

You didn't have to.

Tom