Off Topic Messages

Can you ever really have too much Sex??

Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:08 pm

From wire reports:

A 20-disc set for 'Sex' maniacs

Banking on a new audience interested in uncut Sex and the City episodes, HBO Video will release the complete series in one DVD set in November.

The package, hitting stores Nov. 1, will include all 94 episodes on 19 discs, along with a 20th disc of bonus material.

"For the ultimate fan, it's almost like having a coffee-table DVD," said Cynthia Rhea, senior vice president of marketing at HBO Video. "We also think there's an opportunity for more recent fans, who might have discovered it on TBS."

During its heyday on HBO, "Sex and the City" averaged about 8 million viewers.

However, as part of TBS' lineup, the show can potentially reach many more.

And in the fall, it will air on Tribune-owned stations such as WPIX/Ch. 11.

But the episodes have been sanitized a bit for broadcast television, leaving out sex and sexually frank talk.

Sex and the City: The Complete Series doesn't come cheap: It has goes for $299.95.

"It really is the complete collection, the ultimate fan collection," Rhea said. "I don't think it will be for everybody. But the show does speak to its fans in a certain way. ... We know many of the buyers of the series on DVD are ardent fans who have seen every episode several times."

Tom

Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:06 pm

In answer to the original question, I'll let you know on the day it happens :wink:

In relation to the content of the message, about the end of series 3.

Geoff

Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:45 pm

Can you ever really have too much Sex??

I don't know the answer to that.
I only know I never get enough!!! :oops:

Rusty, where are you?

:twisted:

Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:48 pm

I haven't see Sam outside the Chat section in 3 months.......how did I know he was going to show up on THISparticular thread??? I must be friggin' Nostrodamus!!!! Next I predict Rusty will visit........I wonder what she'll be wearing??? :lol: I love you guys!!!!!! :D

Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:54 pm

Luv you to scatter. In a non sexuaul way!!! :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:57 pm

Well Sam......you can never have too much of that either :D

Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:35 pm

Well Sex was a very good show...but it was never like The Sopranos. Still who has time to watch it all anymore. Great shows, but there is a life to live. lol

As far as the subject matter....hmmm I am still researching that one. I'll get back to you guys on that.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:02 pm

genesim wrote:As far as the subject matter....hmmm I am still researching that one. I'll get back to you guys on that.

Don't forget your rubber gloves!!! :wink:

:lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:07 pm

...and the vaseline. :oops:

Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:25 pm

Thanks for that visual.

Tom

Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:46 pm

Well depends on your imagination. I cringe at what runs around in you guys mind. I was actually thinking of the movie Clerks when the customer brings up the rubber gloves and vaseline..while they are arguing about nudie booths.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:07 pm

genesim wrote::lol:

I cringe at what runs around in you guys mind.

So does my shrink. :wink:

Tom

P.S. On a happy note, I am feeling much better. So am I.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:09 pm