Off Topic Messages

Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:46 pm

Yes, he did, Kristian. Multi-talented!

On an unrelated note, I saw him being interviewed one night on David Letterman a few years ago. He wasn't wearing his cowboy hat and I had no idea who he was. I finally pieced it together based on the content of the interview, but wow, what a difference.

Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:49 pm

Wasn't Dwight also in a movie portraying an axe-murdering mental patient who escapes and dresses like Santa Claus? This was roughly about 10 years ago.

Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:21 pm

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0948267/

Here's all the film he has been in, he always seems to play the bad guys. I liked that movie he did the Newton Boys, but his part was sorta lame. Yes he was the real mean guy in Panic Room also the bad guy in Hollywood Homicide. He was really good in Sling Blade.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:59 pm

JEFF d wrote:http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0948267/

Here's all the film he has been in, he always seems to play the bad guys. I liked that movie he did the Newton Boys, but his part was sorta lame. Yes he was the real mean guy in Panic Room also the bad guy in Hollywood Homicide. He was really good in Sling Blade.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

I really think he stole the show in Sling Blade, he was very, very good in that one. I can't help but think how hard he had to try to play like crap in that movie (you know the "rehearsal" with his group).

TINML

Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:21 pm

MB280E wrote:Travis Tritt is a pretty good guitarplayer.

Sincerely MB280E

He sure is!

Anyone fortunate enough to have been at a Travis Tritt concert (pitty I haven't!) or if you have watched the excellent DVD Live & Kickin', have to agree on that!

Live & Kickin' is in fact a marvellous DVD, with 19 great performances by Travis Tritt and his band!

At one point of the show, Tritt sits alone in the spotlight, with only his guitar, playing and singing 3 wonderful solo performances.

He has never performed his classic hit Anymore as good as this (I'm not usually a sensitive man, but I actually got emotional when I first watched it!), and he does a killer version of Charlie Daniels' Long Haired Country Boy.

I may be partial here, as I've always liked ol' Travis, but if you haven't seen this great DVD yet, check it out! :wink:

Br
Kristian