Off Topic Messages

Mark Chesnutt - Savin' The Honky Tonk

Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:14 am

I recently bought this magnificent cd!
Anyone else on this mb got it?

It's sort of a "tribute" to Waylon Jennings' (Billy Joe Shaver should also be mentioned here, since he wrote most of the material for it!) Honky Tonk Heroes album from the early 70s.

At the same time, this new cd stands remarkably on it's own, with some absolutely fantastic country music on it!

Chesnutt shines like almost never before, and the musicians on these recordings sure must have had a ball!

Go get it, if you're a country fan! :wink:

Br
Kristian
Last edited by Kristian Hjelmaas on Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:31 am

Yes I have....like a lot of Elvis fans we are also into country..thats one good album :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:00 am

I'm guessing you'll no my answer :lol: And yes this album is BRILLIANT! Chesnutt has always been my fave country singer for a long time, but his albums were never really consistent, but with this one he more than makes up for it! This CD is as close to true honky tonk as you'll get these days. 8)

"My boy is back!" - George Jones

Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:10 am

TINML wrote:I'm guessing you'll no my answer :lol: And yes this album is BRILLIANT! Chesnutt has always been my fave country singer for a long time, but his albums were never really consistent, but with this one he more than makes up for it! This CD is as close to true honky tonk as you'll get these days. 8)

"My boy is back!" - George Jones

Amen to that! :wink:

Since you're a big Mark Chesnutt fan, and since you mention good ol' George Jones here:

Has Chesnutt and Jones ever recorded any songs together besides the Heaven And Hell duet featured on Jones' excellent The Bradley Barn Sessions cd?

Br
Kristian

Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:46 am

Kristian, (I think) the only other duet they did was on Mark's great album "Longnecks and Short Stories". The song's called "Talking To Hank" and well.....I like it :lol: . Great album if you can find it......And George is putting a new album out called "Hits I Missed.....And One I Didn't" with a cover of Mark's first hit "Too Cold At Home".

TINML

Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:50 am

TINML wrote:Kristian, (I think) the only other duet they did was on Mark's great album "Longnecks and Short Stories". The song's called "Talking To Hank" and well.....I like it :lol: . Great album if you can find it......And George is putting a new album out called "Hits I Missed.....And One I Didn't" with a cover of Mark's first hit "Too Cold At Home".

TINML

Talking To Hank of course!!!

Unbelievable that I didn't remember that one! Shame on me! :roll: :lol:

Br
Kristian