Off Topic Messages

Who Is The First Person Here To Resort To Insults??

Scatter
36%
DJC
64%

Total votes : 39

Dispute with the Doc.....

Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:10 am

Well, I told the Doc that I'd let the MB members decide this issue. Who is the first person on this MB to resort to insults and abuse in place of reason and civility??? I will leave the MB if it is the consensus that it's me.So if you've been itching to get rid of me......here's your chance!!!!!! :D

Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:13 am

The answer is obvious.

You should be safe scatter!!

:twisted:

Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:21 am

We don't need anyone else leaving the board. There is enough room here for everyone.

If you lose, why don't you just say......I'll give my Elvis collection away.

Or how about.....I'll buy the next round of FTD's for everyone on this board.

Anything.....except leave. No one else is allowed to leave without the members with 500 posts or more voting on it. :wink:

Now.....about those FTD's.......

Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:29 am

Rob, I would leave because if I found I was perceived by others as worse(in any capacity) than Dr Cut-n-Paste...... :?

Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:43 am

Scatter wrote:Rob, I would leave because if I found I was perceived by others as worse(in any capacity) than Dr Cut-n-Paste...... :?

Hell No Scat...

I find your posts to be intelligent, well written and, at times, extremely funny!

you are definetely an asset to this MB :D and I would really hate to see you back down and leave... :(

I think many on this board would agree with my sentiments on this issue.

Take care...

Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:55 am

I like you, I think you should stay regardless! Unless you are againts ME!! lol :twisted:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:33 pm

How does 9 votes..3 for scatter and 6 for Doc come to 99% :shock:

Has mathematics changed so much since I was in school?

Anyway....Get voting everyone for Scatter,,then stay.. so we can all benifit from Rob`s generous offer :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Rusty Martin* on Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:35 pm

Rusty -
Sorry Dear, but it wasn't my offer. It was only a suggestion for him as an alternative to leaving the message board.

Nice try though. :wink:

Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:38 pm

Rob wrote:Rusty -
Sorry Dear, but it wasn't my offer. It was only a suggestion for him as an alternative to leaving the message board.

Nice try though. :wink:

You are quick of the mark this morning..lol.. I`ve changed my post slightly, it did`nt make sense before.. there`s no getting out of it now..lol :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:03 pm

Scatter, I think both you and the Doc bring a lot to this forum and make it much more interesting. Your posts are always entertaining and well written so stick around, variety is the spice of life my friend.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:54 pm

Scatter -

So, will the Doc leave if he loses ?

Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:12 pm

ColinB wrote:Scatter -

I'll open the door!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:50 pm

sam wrote:

I'll open the door!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

who gets to kick his arse down the steps?

raffle off that honor; draw from a lottery ? :D

Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:10 pm

I would like to know the 4 people that actually voted for Scatter?????? These people must be new here. The supporters of Doc even know better. :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:31 pm

G G -

You wrote:
...who gets to kick his arse down the steps?

Arse ?

I'm English, and even I don't write it like that anymore !

Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:54 pm

:wink: That was my hope

Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:26 pm

Look out..the poll is catching up...how many of Doc's relatives have posted thus far! :lol:

Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:29 pm

Maybe I've just ruffled too many feathers :wink: . So be it.....

Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:19 am

Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:59 am

I know that you all know the Doc is loving this. I have nothing against him at all, but it is no news to anyone that he doesn't mind (or doesn't care) what people on this board think of him.

Personally, I believe that he thinks he's done his job if he has ruffled some feathers with his post. If that's the case, he does his job well.

This is one poll that I won't vote in because I don't pay any attention to who insults who. I enjoy reading Scatter's posts as well as the Doc's. I thought that I was an Elvis expert when I came here. However, I soon learned that there were people who had Elvis information that I wasn't aware of. The Doc is one of those who has shared information that has been very helpful in researching various Elvis tidbits. I don't always agree with his views on some of Elvis' recordings or performances, but I respect his views and welcome them. As far as politics, I found out long ago that I have different views and opinions than many here. Someone, and for the life of me I can't remember who, said I keep my political views to myself. Same here. Maybe we don't like the way Doc comes across making a point. If that's the case, reply with your feelings or ignore it. Like him or not, his knowledge on Elvis is an asset to the board.

Likewise for Scatter. His quick wit and humor always make it fun to read anything he posts. He can be witty and humorous because he has the intelligence to back it up. His personality makes him well liked by everyone. The board wouldn't be the same without him.

One other thing about the Doc. When I first came here, I didn't care for him at all. As time went by I started to realize that he really knew what he was talking about when it came to discussing Elvis regardless of how he presented himself. He really ticks a lot of people off but it's their fault for letting it happen. They can control that by choosing whether or not to read his posts. I'll keep reading them because I have a good chuckle at reading some of the reactions that he gets and intends to happen. You are playing right into his hands.

I can't help but think that 'ol Doc smiles every time he logs off of his computer.

Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:22 am

I can't help but think that 'ol Doc smiles every time he logs off of his computer.

I've been sayin' this all along...

hey look, agree with him or disagree with him, love him, hate him or like him, whatever your disposition is, the DOC is alright wit me!!!

you are only as big as the little things that annoy you...

Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:20 am

Rob wrote [about the Doc]:
He really ticks a lot of people off but it's their fault for letting it happen.

Hey guys, whaddya know, it's all our fault !

Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:36 am

Rob wrote:The Doc is one of those who has shared information that has been very helpful in researching various Elvis tidbits. I don't always agree with his views on some of Elvis' recordings or performances, but I respect his views and welcome them ...

Like him or not, his knowledge on Elvis is an asset to the board ...

As time went by I started to realize that he really knew what he was talking about when it came to discussing Elvis ...

Rob, you are indeed a VERY wise man. Thank you for the kind words.

DJC

Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:08 pm

ColinB wrote:Rob wrote [about the Doc]:
He really ticks a lot of people off but it's their fault for letting it happen.

Hey guys, whaddya know, it's all our fault !

If you let it happen it is. Like I said, you have the power to control it.

Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:10 pm

hey Rob, congrats!! the Colonel just kissed your head! :wink: