1. Let There Be More Light
2. Remember A Day
3. Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun
4. Corporal Clegg
5. A Saucerful Of Secrets
6. See-Saw
7. Jugband Blues

Atom Heart Mother

1. Atom Heart Mother: Father's Shout/Breast Milky/Mother Fore/Funky Dung/Mind Your Throats Please/Remergence
2. If
3. Summer '68
4. Fat Old Sun
5. Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast: Rise And Shine/Sunny Side Up/Morning Glory

Meddle

1. One Of These Days
2. A Pillow Of Winds
3. Fearless
4. San Tropez
5. Seamus
6. Echoes

Dark Side of the Moon

1. Speak To Me/Breathe
2. On The Run
3. Time
4. The Great Gig In The Sky
5. Money
6. Us And Them
7. Any Colour You Like
8. Brain Damage
9. Eclipse

Wish You Were Here

1. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Part One)
2. Welcome To The Machine
3. Have A Cigar
4. Wish You Were Here
5. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Part Two)

Animals

1. Pigs On The Wing 1
2. Dogs
3. Pigs (Three Different Ones)
4. Sheep
5. Pigs On The Wing 2

Disc 1

Disc: 1

1. In The Flesh?
2. The Thin Ice
3. Another Brick In The Wall, Part 1
4. The Happiest Days Of Our Lives
5. Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2
6. Mother
7. Goodbye Blue Sky
8. Empty Spaces
9. Young Lust
10. One Of My Turns
11. Don't Leave Me Now Listen
12. Another Brick In The Wall (Part III)
13. Goodbye Cruel World

Disc 2

1. Hey You
2. Is There Anybody Out There?
3. Nobody Home
4. Vera
5. Bring the Boys Back Home
6. Comfortably Numb
7. The Show Must Go On
8. In The Flesh
9. Run Like Hell
10. Waiting For The Worms
11. Stop
12. The Trial
13. Outside The Wall

A Momentary Lapse of Reason

1. Signs of Life
2. Learning to Fly
3. Dogs of War
4. One Slip
5. On the Turning Away
6. Yet Another Movie/Round and Around
7. New Machine, Pt. 1
8. Terminal Frost
9. New Machine, Pt. 2
10. Sorrow

The Division Bell

1. Cluster One
2. What Do You Want from Me
3. Poles Apart
4. Marooned
5. Great Day for Freedom
6. Wearing the Inside Out
7. Take It Back
8. Coming Back to Life
9. Keep Talking
10. Lost for Words
11. High Hopes

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:52 pm

I don't think we had this poll before.

Unfortunately only 10 poll questions are allowed, so I had leave out More, Ummagumma, Obscured by Clouds and The Final Cut.

Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:40 pm

A draw between Atom Heart Mother, Meddle and Dark Side Of The Moon for me.

Sincerely MB280E

Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:49 pm

MB280E wrote:A draw between Atom Heart Mother, Meddle and Dark Side Of The Moon for me.

Sincerely MB280E

It has to be Dark Side Of The Moon for me - it's their most consistent.

Wish You Were Here a close second. Meddle third, and then Obscured By Clouds (which didn't mae the poll).

I think Atom Heart Mother is very patchy - I like the short songs, but the title track and that Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast thing are an utter waste of time in my opinion.

Jules

Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:08 pm

I was surprised to see The Final Cut missing from this poll, although I believe one is limited when setting these up. The Final Cut contains some great songs, notably Two Sons in the Sunset, the very last song on the album. My fave album would have to be The Wall, with A Momentary Lapse of Reason Second. In truth, however, all their albums are littered with great songs.

Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Stephen Butler wrote: My fave album would have to be The Wall, with A Momentary Lapse of Reason Second.

I can't think of A Momentary Lapse Of Reason as being a Pink Floyd album. Only Gilmour plays on it - I think pretty much all of Nick Mason's drum tracks were replaced by session players and Rick Wright still hadn't rejoined at that stage.

The Final Cut is much more of a Floyd album and should definitely be in the poll, though I can't see it being many people's favourite.

Jules

Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:14 pm

I like many of their albums, but on the poll I chose
Animals.

when I first started learning guitar in the late 80s, "Pigs On The Wing" was one of the first songs I learnt to play - and for many aspiring guitarists too I've noticed.

"ha ha charade you are" - love that hook

kudos to PF for ignoring the disco-sells contemporary pressure to go and do the darkest and most creative album of 1977.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:52 am

familyjules wrote:
MB280E wrote:A draw between Atom Heart Mother, Meddle and Dark Side Of The Moon for me.

Sincerely MB280E

Wish You Were Here a VFRY close second.
Jules

I have to agree with that.

8)

Animals

Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:31 am

My favorite Floyd album is Animals. Great song writing and music. It was such a departure from others who did the popular thing in the mid 70's. Roger Waters was basically saying, "No, we'll go with what got us here." DSOTM is #2, MLOR #3, The Wall #4, and The Final Cut #5. The other albums are great but a bit esoteric for my tastes although I do love Astronmy Domine. Some of Syd's finest song writing.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:42 am

Damn GG...great minds do think alike! Animals is my complete favorite Pink Floyd album..must have listened to that album a hundred times. This is one that I wish they would put out in multichannel. Such an experience....and very strong guitar playing. Plus not counting the intro and lead out...there are exactly 3 songs on the whole thing! Dogs is probably my favorite.

Now is it just me or can you not go to sleep till you stop hearing the No No No No No No No No....

Kind of reminds me of a N.W.A. album where the guy keeps looping a sound and the guy finall screams shut the f*ck up! lol

Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:50 am

genesim wrote:Damn GG...great minds do think alike! Animals is my complete favorite Pink Floyd album..must have listened to that album a hundred times. This is one that I wish they would put out in multichannel. Such an experience....and very strong guitar playing. Plus not counting the intro and lead out...there are exactly 3 songs on the whole thing! Dogs is probably my favorite.

Now is it just me or can you not go to sleep till you stop hearing the No No No No No No No No....

Kind of reminds me of a N.W.A. album where the guy keeps looping a sound and the guy finall screams shut the f*ck up! lol

damn GG and gene...anoher great mind to add to that list! LOL

ANIMALS is definetely a great disc and my fav FLOYD album of all time!

of course, The WALL is phenomenol and I really did like the Division Bell back in '94 when it was released.

In fact, I saw them in Chapel Hill, NC when they toured that year.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:09 am

sam wrote:
familyjules wrote:

Sincerely MB280E

Wish You Were Here a VFRY close second.
Jules

I have to agree with that.

8)

So, which one is your favourite then? :wink:

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:19 pm

Minkahed we ahve agreed before.

You know the artwork always gets me to. The little blow up pig always got my attention.

From Wikopedia:

Animals

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5f/Biganimals.jpg/800px-Biganimals.jpg

The Pink Floyd Pig's first appearence on the cover of Animals.

You can see it between the two front chimneys of Battersea Power Station.The original Pink Floyd pig was designed by Roger Waters and built in late December 1976 in preparation for shooting the cover of the Animals album. The 40 foot, helium- filled balloon was flown over Battersea Power Station on the first day's photo-shoot, with a marksman prepared to shoot the pig down if it broke free. The pig didn't escape, but none of the photos taken that day were considered usable.

On the second day, the marksman wasn't present; but the pig supposedly "broke free" (gaining a lot of press coverage) after a huge gust of wind. It disappeared from sight, and was spotted by airline pilots at 40,000 feet in the air. Flights at Heathrow Airport were cancelled as the huge inflatable pig flew through the path of aeroplanes, eastwards from Britain, over the English Channel, finally landing on a rural farm in Germany that night.

The pig was recovered and repaired for the resumption of photography for the album cover, but unfortunately the sky was cloudless and blue, and eventually the album cover was composed from a composite of photos from the first and second day.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:44 pm

My favorite Pink Floyd back cataloge.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:08 am

Actually "the Wall" is looking pretty good. :wink:

Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:23 am

genesim -

My solitary vote for 'The Wall' feels a little more comfortable now !

Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:28 am

Well....Wish You Were Here isn't so bad either....but isn't the front side supposed to be fiery red? :twisted: :cry:

Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:40 am

ColinB wrote:genesim -

My solitary vote for 'The Wall' feels a little more comfortable now !

And I'm more fond of Dark Side Of The Moon than ever!

:)

Jules