Mountain question for MB280E

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
midnightx
Registered for: 20 years 4 months

Mountain question for MB280E

Post by midnightx »

Which of their official bootlegs do you find most impressive. I would imagine their work between 1969 - 1973 would have the most authentic energy like the performances showcased on volumes 1, 5-7. It is hard to imagine their live work from the 80s rivaling the explosiveness from their early years. Any thoughts? Thanks.

MB280E
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by MB280E »

midnightx, sorry for not answering you question earlier. When it comes to soundquality vol. 1, 3 and 6 are the best ones. When it comes to content I´d rate anything from 1969-71 as the most impressive and interesting (vol. 1, 3 and 7). Unfortunately the soundquality isn´t always 100% on these recordings. I was very eager to hear the vol. 7 release with their Woodstock performance. The soundquality is a bit disappointing when you consider this concert was professionally recorded. (It doesen´t sound like it when you hear this cd...!) I prefer Mountain 1969-71/72 really, before they got a rythm guitarist in the band. IMO they didn´t need another guitarist as long as they had Leslie West.

Sincerely MB280E