Off Topic Messages

3 out of 4 of the 21/7 London bombers now in custody.

Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:18 pm

Two more of the July 21 London bombers are now in custody after early morning raids in London today...... one remaining zealot to catch and i hope they catch it (him) soon.

This is a MAJOR fu** up by these terrorist's....and i hope they get the message that if they try to disrupt our way of life over here they will be caught very quickly and dealt with appropriately.

Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:52 pm

According to the BBC News website, all four are now in custody, following extended raids in North West London and in Rome. Link to the story is here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4727975.stm

Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:00 pm

cooooooooooooooooool.

Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:20 pm

Great job in apprehending these sick bastards!

Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:03 am

If convicted, they should be trussed up and drowned in a vat of pig's blood.And the same should be done to anyone else of that ilk. No virgins for you :P

Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:44 am

Stephen -

You wrote:
....all four are now in custody....

Great news !

And what a deterrent to any other like-minded would-be-bombers lurking in their homes !

And Scatter's right - no virgins in UK prisons !

Just a large number of very pissed-off criminals all seeking some kind of revenge on them !

Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:24 pm

What's truly amazing is that they've caught these sick murdering scumbags in only 8 days.

But the problem is, are these 5 (another one is in custody) all that's left of the main cell or are they just a small part of a huge cell being run from Iraq or Saudi Arabia or whatever?

Apparently.....Intelligence sources have suggested there is evidence the whole thing was planned by a bigger cell in Saudi Arabia.

Sq

Update

Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:33 pm

Bombers planned 'burning cross'
13/07/2005 20:11 - (SA)

London - The four suspected London bombers wanted to scar the city with a "burning cross", setting off explosions in its north, south, east and west, in the hope of being revered as martyrs by fellow extremists, a British newspaper reported on Wednesday.

The four suspects were caught on security cameras at London's King's Cross, heading off in different directions shortly before the three bombs went off near Aldgate, Edgware Road and Russell Square underground stations early on Thursday.

A fourth bomb exploded on a bus nearly an hour later.

Police suspect that three of the young men carried bombs east, west and south, while a fourth had planned to take the north-bound Northern Line, but as this was disrupted at the time he changed plans and boarded a bus, London's Evening Standard said.

Investigators have developed the "burning cross" theory based on an internet statement by a shadowy group calling itself the Organisation of al-Qaeda Jihad in Europe, which claimed responsibility for the blasts, the paper said.

"Heroic mujahedeens carried out a sacred attack in London, and here is Britain burning in fear, terror and fright in the north, south, east and west", said the statement, whose authenticity has not been confirmed.

According to a security source close to the investigation, quoted by the Evening Standard, the bombers carried personal documents to the scene of the blasts in the hope they would be identified and honoured for their part in the carnage.

"They wanted people to know who they were. They wanted to be martyrs," the source said.

Sick bastards......the law needs to be changed asap.... to get these sick fu**ers out of our country.........Anyone involved in terrorist activities MUST be slung out of Britain......Asylum Seekers, Immigrants or not.

As far as i'm concerned, once they get involved in terrorist activities they've got no human right's.

Sq

Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:31 pm

The bombers are now in custody ?

Since when ?

I'd heard that some of the alledged bombers, those suspected by the police of being the bombers, were in custody.

Geez....that was the quickest trial in history, I never even knew it had taken place.

Lets not forget the Brazilian guy who was buried yesterday back in his homeland, he was also a "bomber" in the eyes of those who shot him 7 times.

Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:43 pm

Steve-M wrote
The bombers are now in custody ?

OK Steve......you know what i meant-lol

Since when ?

One was caught on Thursday, The other three were caught on friday.

I'd heard that some of the alledged bombers, those suspected by the police of being the bombers, were in custody
They HAVE to say alleged......for legal reasons....but remeber Steve- bombs, explosives to make bombs etc, were found at their respective homes.....So it certainly looks like they ARE indeed the bombers.

Geez....that was the quickest trial in history, I never even knew it had taken place.

There's been no trial yet, they are still being questioned...but at least one of them has already confessed......see here:
Rome - The man believed to be the fourth would-be bomber in the failed July 21 attacks said he and his accomplices wanted their attack to spread fear in London, in an apparent confession reported by Italian newspapers on Saturday.

"We wanted to make an attack, but only as a demonstration," several newspapers quoted 27-year-old Osman Hussain as saying, without citing a source.

Italy's best-selling newspaper, the Corriere della Sera, expressed fears that the presence of one of the presumed London bombers could be linked to an planned attack here.

"Was he here just as part of his escape or to prepare a new attack?" it asked.

Rome daily Il Messaggero headlined: "The suicide bomber was among us," and reported that police believe Hussain could have been in Rome to prepare a terrorist attack.

Italian police moved in to arrest Hussain on Friday after tracking his mobile phone through France and Italy before his arrival in Rome by train on Thursday.

British police had provided their Italian counterparts with the phone number, which was initially tracked to the Waterloo Station area of London on Monday but then went silent. The signal was picked up again in Paris on Wednesday, and then again in Milan and Bologna on Thursday.

Police in Rome meanwhile mounted round-the-clock surveillance on Hussain's brother, a Somali national who owns a phone and internet centre near Rome's Termini Station. He eventually led them to the flat in the eastern Rome suburb where Hussain was arrested on Friday after paying a visit to a small mosque.

Among a number of people detained for questioning late on Friday was a Tunisian official at the mosque, Mohamed ben Mohamed.

"I came to Rome because I didn't know where else to go and because I had friends here and could find a place to stay. I would have stayed here for a while and then gone elsewhere. I don't know of any plan to attack Italy," La Repubblica quoted the suspect as telling police.

Citing a police source, Turin daily La Stampa said Hussain protested he knew little of the organisational background to the July 21 attacks on the London transport system and that he had been handed a rucksack to take on the Underground.

Several newspapers reported that Hussain's fluent Italian surprised interrogators. They said he had previously spent five years in Rome, having fled to Italy on a false passport, either from Somalia or a neighbouring country, as a teenager. In the meantime, he has become a British citizen.

Lets not forget the Brazilian guy who was buried yesterday back in his homeland, he was also a "bomber" in the eyes of those who shot him 7 times.

Indeed, BUT.... let's not forget the 50 odd innocent people who were killed because of suicide bomber's on Thursday 7th July.

Jean-Charles de Menezes death was a terrible tragedy, we know that, and there is a ongoing investigation..........but what if he WAS a suicide bomber and they didnt make that split second decision........Possibly hundreds of people could have been killed.............The guy was warned, and asked to stop running a number of times- he ignored the warning- so they had no choice but to shoot....

Basically- He was afraid to stop because he thought they were after him for being an illegal immigrant ( he was working in this country even though visa ran out two years ago).....That is why his death is such a terrible tragedy...It was just a terrible coincidence.

I don't believe the Police should take full responsibility, how were they to know the reason he was running away..........They have very little time to make these decisions when people are running round London blowing themselves and innocent people up, and after all....Our security is their main priority.

Sq

Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:09 pm

Squirrel -

You wrote:
Apparently.....Intelligence sources have suggested there is evidence the whole thing was planned by a bigger cell in Saudi Arabia.

Saudia Arabia ?

If they stay true to form, Bush & Blair will probably invade Iran now.

Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:03 am

God let's hope so!!!!! :lol:

Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:12 pm

For the UK to capture those involved so quickly is proof that racial profiling (via the survelliance video stills) does work.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:39 pm

If I heard the radio report correctly yesterday, the UK police are standing by their use of limited-racial profiling. Hoo-friggin'-ray!

I agreed with a good part of the following article by John Leo in the New York Daily News. He loses me towards the end:
Dear liberals: Shut mouths & open bags

In the wake of the London bombings, New York City is now searching the bags of subway riders. This is provoking the usual cluster of perverse reactions. Someone on Air America, the liberal talk radio network, suggested that riders carry many bags to confuse and irritate the cops.

Mayor Bloomberg has ordered that the searches be entirely random, to avoid singling out any one ethnic or religious group.
So if someone fits the suicide bomber profile - young Muslim male, short hair, recently shaved beard or mustache, smelling of flower water (a preparation for entering paradise) - the police must look away and search the nun or the Boy Scout behind him. What's the point of stopping a terrorist if you have to trample political correctness to do it?

From the first moments after the 9/11 attacks, we had indicators that the left would not be able to take terrorism seriously. Instead of resolve, we got concern about emotional closure and "root causes," warnings about the allegedly great danger of a backlash against Muslim Americans, arguments that violence directed at America is our own fault.

The "our fault" argument seems permanently entrenched. After the London bombings, Norman Geras of the University of Manchester wrote that the root causes and blame-Blair outbursts were "spreading like an infestation across the pages of this newspaper ... there are, among us, apologists for what the killers do." That has been the case on both sides of the Atlantic.

After 9/11, Michael Walzer warned about "the politics of ideological apology" for terrorism. "Is anybody still excusing terrorism?" he asked. "The answer is yes: Secret sympathy, even fascination with violence among men and women who think of themselves as 'militants,' is a disease, and recovery is slow."

Walzer's analysis is a strong one. The Bush administration has botched many things, but large numbers of Americans go along with the President because he displays what the left apparently cannot: moral clarity and seriousness about what must be done. When the ideas of the left come into view, the themes often include the closing of Guantanamo, attacks on the Patriot Act, opposition to military recruitment on campuses, casual mockery of patriotism and a failure to admit that defeating terrorism will require some tradeoffs between security and civil liberties.

Real security, Walzer says, will depend on hunting down terrorist cells, cutting off the flow of money and improving surveillance at key sites. He writes: "The burden is on us - nobody else - to make the case that these things can be done effectively by liberals and leftists who will also, in contrast to today's Republicans, defend the civil liberties of American citizens." Good argument. I wonder how the left will respond. "

Originally published on July 31, 2005

Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:37 pm

Profiling is an age-old and proven method of both solving and preventing crime. It's a pity that the Lib establishment is so willingly ignorant. And even more the pity that the Conservatives are too gutless to expose the PC crowd's stupidity for what it is. Cheers for the Brits!!

Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:37 pm

Greg -

Well, I'm not an apologist for anyone !

Sorry about that.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:57 pm

:lol:

I love that British humour!