Off Topic Messages

Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:22 pm

Pete -

Yes.

There is a groundswell of opinion here that he should cough up tax in exactly the same way as the rest of us !

Earlier, you wrote:
Actually Colin I checked the definition of anarchic in the ..... umm .... American Heritage dictionary and one of the definitions is: "Lacking order or control; lawless." Given that fits the royals to a T your post should stand as is!

Well yes, but to be honest, it was 'archaic' that I had in mind !

LTB -

I agree with your comments about NASA's achievements and goals; this makes the facts laid out in my first post all the more incongruous !
Last edited by ColinB on Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:28 pm

Pete

I admire America for it's impression of being some sort of meritocracy. Perhaps anyone, rich or poor, really can become President. Although I also believe that money and commercial power counts for more, Bush Jr wouldn't be there without his Daddy and other powerful influences. But it is democracy in action, and as I've said before, I might not like the result but I have to respect it.

However, the bunch of poorly educated, six-toed, inbred shitehawks that count for the "Best of British" in the eyes of the World, can take a running jump for me and many others.

It's not the wealth I resent, not even their tacky lifestyles, it's the belief that somehow their wealth makes tham better than anyone else, or that they have some unique insight into the ways of the world.

I consider them slightly more pointless than Geri Halliwell, and God only knows what the point of her is?

Geoff

Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:31 pm

Geoff -

Now that's hardly fair.

Geri's role was to make the other four Spice Girls look better by comparison !

Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:06 pm

Colin wrote: "Rather I was having a gentle dig at NASA in an attempt to expose the inability of some Americans to take criticism, especially from this side of the pond."

So... Colin, are you telling us that this wasn't really about NASA? You were simply conducting an experiment to "expose the inability of some Americans to take criticism" from foreigners about a program that has had its share of errors and tragedies but is also a source of tremendous national pride.

Well, I sure can't speak for everyone, but in my opinion that's just b*llshit. I guess I've been exposed. Hope you got the over-the-top response you were seeking.

Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:14 pm

Eagle -

Not 'an experiment' as such; more like a bit of knock-about fun.

Don't be so po-faced !

You're only proving my point.

Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:49 pm

I enjoy Benny Hill and Monty Python. Your brand of British humor, however, I don't get.

Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:10 am

I believe we all knew it was just Colin having a go at us.......but Colin, what seemed to touch a nerve (as you put it) wasn't the criticism itself.....just that it came from a country that has never even dared to try.

Armchair critics and all that......

Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:51 am

ColinB wrote:Rather I was having a gentle dig at NASA in an attempt to expose the inability of some Americans to take criticism, especially from this side of the pond.

Hey ColinB, firstly I know you were just having fun. Secondly I would like to point out though that the Americans on this forum must have very thick skin as the amount of stinging remarks we take on this forum far surpasses any other country represented at FECC.

Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:36 am

Scatter -

You wrote:
.......but Colin, what seemed to touch a nerve (as you put it) wasn't the criticism itself.....just that it came from a country that has never even dared to try.
Armchair critics and all that......

Guilty as charged....................

Tony -

You wrote:
I would like to point out though that the Americans on this forum must have very thick skin as the amount of stinging remarks we take on this forum far surpasses any other country represented at FECC.

Now just why do you think that is ?

Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:57 am

I guess cuz we suck! I hate this country! As soon as I can get a plane ticket I am moving to Ethiopia.

Yeah right....

Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:16 am

Tony -
Might want to think twice. I hear the food sucks.

Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:06 am

No, no, no guys. Let's just move to the U.K., overthrow the monarchy, and start a space program!

Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:29 am

No good Pete......I hear the food sucks there too.

Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:40 pm

Pete Dube wrote:No, no, no guys. Let's just move to the U.K., overthrow the monarchy, and start a space program!

Lord knows we couldn't do any worse. (Sorry guys I couldn't resist).

Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:45 pm

Pete/Joe -

Without the royals, we could afford a space program !

Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:22 am

I volunteer Colin for first Brit on the moon. :lol:

Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:38 am

I've got it! Since the Brits really need a space program but can't afford it, and since the royals are living on tax money, and since the Brits want to be rid of the royals, and since the royals are space cadets you Brits should pass a law that the royals must earn their keep by becoming the first British astronauts (or, since we're talking about the royals, a$$hole-nauts)!