Off Topic Messages

Brazil's governments inquiry into shooting.

Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:59 pm

The tragic and unfortunate death of the Brazillian man shot dead in London by British police recently was a split second reaction that the police had to take seeing as there are now suicide bombers attacking London.

Its not surprising that the Brazilian government want a full inquiry into this but considering there own policies in there own Capital i think they have got a nerve.

I recently saw a programme called' The worlds worst gangs' and this episode was from Rio and they went into one of the prisons there and in this particular prison cell which was meant for just 15 prisoners, there was over 120.They were so crammed into there cells it was like factory farming.It was so sad to see.
One Police Chief admitted that some police officers there would kidnap gang members for money and execute them if there demands were not met.There was even some TV footage shown of a stand-off where they arrested this man, searched him and found a gun in his sock then took him round the back of this van and executed him.He was no suicide bomber but there government want a full enquiry into why one of there nationals was shot.
The British Police Force is one of the finest in the world and im proud we have them protecting us in this terrible time where people will walk onto trains and blow themselves up and others around them.

Sean

Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:20 am

The British Police Force is one of the finest in the world and im proud we have them protecting us in this terrible time where people will walk onto trains and blow themselves up and others around them.

Sean

I fully agree 1000% Sean......this was a terrible tragedy, but what if he was a suicide bomber and they took the wrong split-second decision, let him go and he blew up a tube train full of innocent people?

They would be hung drawn and quartered for that too, so they can't win either way.

We know it was a terrible tragedy for this man and his family, One that will hopefully never happen again..........but he was warned, why didn't he stop running when warned?

We have to make up our minds on whether we want a secure United Kingdom, or terrorist murderers on the loose?

I know which option i'd pick.......And i think the british police force should have our full support.

Sq

Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:29 am

sq -

I agree, we must support the police in keeping us secure.

This one tragic error shouldn't deter us in that.

Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:05 am

I'll be honest with y'all........this incident makes no sense unless there is an element or two that we are not yet privy to.

Why would this man run from the police after being ordered to stop unless there was something to hide?? Not necessarily that he was a bomber, mind you........but it sure seems he had SOMETHING to hide. Something motivated him to run.

It's either one of three things......

1) He was involved in something ELSE illegal, and was convinced that the police were after him for whatever he was up to.

2) He was looking for publicity, his 15 minutes of fame if you will......and got more than he bargained for.

3) Suicide by Police........not that unusual a phenomenon, really.

In any case, his own actions led to his death. He was not blameless in the circumstances that led to his demise, and it's unfortunate that it is being portrayed that way in the media. The chain of events that led to his death were a result of HIS decisions.

Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:32 am

Scatter -

He did have something to hide.

He was here on an out-of-date student visa.

Even an up-to-date one wouldn't have allowed him to work as an electrician [which he was doing].

So he wouldn't have been keen on talking to the police.

He had on a jacket which the police thought a little heavy for a summer's day [the Brazilians feel the cold over here, even in summer].

He came out of an address which the police had under surveillance [they didn't know it was divided into 9 apartments].

So he ran when challenged, jumped the ticket barrier and entered an underground train.

A number of police chased him, he was wrestled to the ground and one officer shot him eight times; once in the shoulder and 7 times in the head.

He was simply in the wrong place, in the wrong clothes, at the wrong time and he ran when challenged.

Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:40 am

Thanks for the info Colin.....seems I'm somewhat behind the curve, as I had not heard any of this. That's what I get for working all weekend :lol: .

Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:45 am

There will be a full inquiry in Britain anyway.

The other thing is that if the police suspect the person has explosives attached to him they have to ensure instant death to obliterate the risk. The policy is shoot to kill, not disarm!

It is a terrible tragedy but the way things are police have to make a split second, life or death decision!

Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:07 pm

ColinB,

Very well explained about the events of this tragic shooting.

I know there are some people in Britain, who cant wait to put our Police Force down and they have 'jumped on the band wagon' with this one.

There will a full inquiry but it will come to nothing.

Such a tragic incident for his family.

Must admit thought, it wasnt a good idea to run from the police onto a packed tube train a day after terrorists tried to blow up more bombs. :roll:

Sadly, if anyone is to blame, its the poor guy that got shot.

Sean