Off Topic Messages

SAW-Uncut on DVD

Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:17 pm

Lions Gate Home Entertainment has announced a street date of October 18th for new two-disc special edition of SAW, which stars Cary Elwes, Danny Glover, Monica Potter and Leigh Whannell. The disc will include a newly re-mastered alternate cut, plus DTS 6.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 EX tracks.

Tom

Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:08 pm

I liked the movie ok...but I much prefer Seven. Cary Elwes overacted completely. To me the movie has very little rewatch value. Still it was good for a rent though.

Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:13 pm

Yeah, i loved this film after having it recommended .Bought the DVD and only watched it once.Its the sort of film you can only watch once in a blue moon once you know the end.Pity they didnt show him sawing his foot off.
If thats in the new version then i will get it. :wink:

They have certainly left it open for a sequel.

Sean

Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:49 pm

Sean Ryan wrote:Pity they didnt show him sawing his foot off.
If thats in the new version then i will get it.

Start saving your pennies.:wink:

Sean Ryan wrote:They have certainly left it open for a sequel.

http://www.saw2.com/

Tom

Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:52 am

See this is the problem...I was lauging more then I was scared. Cary would freak at times for no reason, but then be a ok at obvious stressful times. It has been a while, but I truly had fun poking at it the second time around.

A good movie should have resonance. Seven had it...along with the superb acting. Saw was good for a rental, but it truly was just a copycat.

But yeah....I would mind watching the leg getting sawed off some more. Actually Cary should have been shot to put us all out of our misery. lol

Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:37 am

I agree with Genesim. I thought the movie was more of a stunt than an actual movie. There was really no other purpose to the movie except to get to that twist ending.

Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:42 am

I have never even heard of this movie. I looked it up on IMDb, this looks freaky.... it has mixed reactions on there as well. It looks like one of those movies that would make me sick to my stomach.... I'm not a fan of those type of flicks. lol

JEFF d
Elvis fan