Off Topic Messages

Soros

Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:26 pm

It it true that George Soros is dead? I read that he had a heart attack a few days ago and passed away..

The news was first put out by a Croatian newspaper, but I have yet to see a 100% confirmation.

Sincerely MB280E

Re: Soros

Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:50 pm

If so, that would be beneficial to the US.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:02 pm

MB280E wrote:It it true that George Soros is dead? I read that he had a heart attack a few days ago and passed away..

The news was first put out by a Croatian newspaper, but I have yet to see a 100% confirmation.

Sincerely MB280E

His death would be noted in all the major news sites and his home page. It's not, he isn't.

https://www.georgesoros.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros

Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:18 pm

The news was from a fake news site, not a legitimate newspaper. It was just one of thousands of BS claims that pollute the Internet every day.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:19 pm

TJ wrote:The news was from a fake news site, not a legitimate newspaper. It was just one of thousands of BS claims that pollute the Internet every day.

These sites played a role in the 2016 election, misinforming untold numbers of easily-misled voters. Sad!

Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:25 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
TJ wrote:The news was from a fake news site, not a legitimate newspaper. It was just one of thousands of BS claims that pollute the Internet every day.

These sites played a role in the 2016 election, misinforming untold numbers of easily-misled voters. Sad!

That's right, the voters are easily misled because they cannot think for themselves. Maybe we should subject voters to a "fake news" literacy test? Just like the KKK and the Democrats of old used to do in the South, Doc?

Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:57 pm

Mike C wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

That's right, the voters are easily misled because they cannot think for themselves.

I didn't say that. But the fake news sites help reinforce long-held beliefs, no matter how ignorant. And the stories are very easy to share with others, which is why it's a very bad thing.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:36 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike C wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

That's right, the voters are easily misled because they cannot think for themselves.

I didn't say that. But the fake news sites help reinforce long-held beliefs, no matter how ignorant. And the stories are very easy to share with others, which is why it's a very bad thing.

Yes, that pesky free speech right is a horrible right we have here in he U.S.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:38 am

Mike C wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:I didn't say that. But the fake news sites help reinforce long-held beliefs, no matter how ignorant. And the stories are very easy to share with others, which is why it's a very bad thing.

Yes, that pesky free speech right is a horrible right we have here in he U.S.

No, it's very important.

The First Amendment guarantees people can point out how horribly bad fake news sites affected the 2016 presidential election.