Off Topic Messages

Adios Patrick Macnee

Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:02 pm

Adios Patrick Macnee

Actor Patrick Macnee, star of The Avengers TV series, has died in California at the age of 93.

The Briton, best known for playing John Steed in the 1960s television spy show, died at home with his family at his bedside, his son Rupert said.

Macnee, who served in the Royal Navy during World War Two, also played roles in theatre, appearing on Broadway.

Avengers co-star Dame Diana Rigg paid tribute, saying: "Patrick was a very dear man and I owe him a great deal".

Re: Adios Patrick Macnee

Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:52 pm

You may be unaware that titling your recently-deceased celebrities topics with the interjection "adios" makes it seem you are trivializing the event.

Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:16 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:You may be unaware that titling your recently-deceased celebrities topics with the interjection "adios" makes it seem you are trivializing the event.

Are you ever satisfied. The guy has gone out of his way, to arrange for someone to die, that we've all heard of. And you're still giving him grief.

Bloody typical.

Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:35 am

Loved The New Avengers as a kid...R.I.P. Steed.

Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:08 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:Loved The New Avengers as a kid...R.I.P. Steed.

My sister and I used to watch the repeats on Channel 4 as kid in the '90s, around the same time as he appeared in the Oasis video for Don't Look Back In Anger.

Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:34 am

My husband was and is a fan of "The Avengers" show and has all the episodes. I too remember watching it years later in reruns and remember Patrick Macnees cameo in the oasis video. He was a fine actor and will be greatly missed.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:43 am

I've had the complete "New Avengers" on DVD for years now...I've not got through them all as yet, but loved it as a kid :)

I'll always remember him putting Terry Wogan in his place because he was trying to get him to bad mouth Grace Jones ! :)

Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:36 pm

Being a horror movie fan, lets not forget his role in THE HOWLING. Was a great role from a great actor. But, i do have to admit, he looked out of place in that movie.
RIP Patrick Macnee. :cry: