Great NFL memories here-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYjdFQFdkBs

1972-82 49er highlights!

Re: Down memory lane with the 49ers

Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:55 am

jbnva58 wrote:Great NFL memories here-
phpBB [video]

1972-82 49er highlights!

That is a great compilation. I went to the final 49er game in 2013 (Atlanta), and saw the final show there a few weeks ago (McCartney).

I will plan to watch the whole thing tonight. That December 1972 playoff game was a heartbreaker, but defeating Dallas in the championship game nine years later ("The Catch") was sweet revenge. And, of course, they destroyed Dallas this past Sunday.

Thank for the link!

Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:56 am

Are the 49ers good enough to make it back to the Superbowl?

I've heard they lost some players to free agency, suspension and injuries so they aren't as good this year.

I like them they should have beaten The Ravens a couple of years ago.

They are my favorite team in the NFC along with Cowboys but since the Cowboys are horrible the 49ers should win it all.

I wonder who the favorites are this year to come out of the NFC and the AFC.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:54 am

I know one thing, they had the greatest QB that ever lived and a hall of fame QB as his back up!

Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:38 pm

Joe Car wrote:I know one thing, they had the greatest QB that ever lived and a hall of fame QB as his back up!

Just saw this,and wanted to give my thoughts here.
Each generation wants its athletes(in whatever sport) to be the greatest.Without any doubt,Montana fits all the criteria for being the greatest.He may well be,but nagging my thoughts are memories of Johnny Unitas,who,it needs to be pointed out,never had as great a team around him as Cool Joe.Also,at Baltimore,he played under 3 different coaches.It should not be forgotten also that the rules for passing were very different when he played-a defender could,essential "mug",or "erase"(as Roger Staubach put it) a receiver until the QB released the ball.Johnny Us leadership qualities are,in my humble opinion,unparelled.
It is difficult to rate quarterbacks from different eras,in my lifetime I have had the privelage of seeing some of the greatest,Unitas,Starr,Meredith,Dawson,Tarkenton,Jurgenson on through the 70s(Fouts,Bradshaw,Stabler,on through the present day.

Different eras and rules determine,by and large,who the best are during their eras.I submit Joe belongs with all the greatest,but am uncomfortable labeling any one the "greatest".

Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:37 am

Joe Car wrote:I know one thing, they had the greatest QB that ever lived and a hall of fame QB as his back up!

I have nothing but respect for the Niners and Joe Montana but I have to throw my QB Terry B4radshaw in here.

He also won 4 Super Bowls (same as Joe) and the rules were a little different when he played.

It's so hard to compare players and teams from different decades.

I'm a Steeler fan and I think they are still the best team of all time.

They won 4 Super Bowls in 6 years.

I'm sure other people have their opinions as well but for me they are still the best ever.

Just my two cents. :)

Mitch

::rocks

Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:01 pm

I'm picking Montana as the best QB but I'll have to say it starts from the top to create great teams: Eddie Debartolo and his staff to Walsh.

I'm a Bears fan and who is to blame for the Bears not winning multiple Super Bowls in the 80's? You can’t place all that on Ditka’s shoulders. There’s more than enough blame to go around.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:20 am

I think the Rooney's and Coach Chuck Noll built quite a team in the 70's that kept the Cowboys, Dolphins and Raiders from winning more Super Bowls.

The NIners are my son's favorite team now, I have always been a fan of theirs too. Class organization all the way.

Mitch

::rocks