Off Topic Messages

Amazon.com 1995-2005: The Best Sellers

Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:32 pm

Amazon.com have publicized their best selling book authors, musical acts and DVDs of the first 10 years of its existence:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/br ... 29-5277554

Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:08 am

I think it is a great idea for Amazon to produce this, but - I'm sorry - Norah Jones third? What the blue blazes is going on? As far as I am aware she has only produced 2 albums and yet she can outsell the vast, impressive outputs of Sinatra, Dylan, The Stones, Springsteen, Pink Floyd and some bloke called Elvis. Sommat's not right.

Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:04 am

Does anyone else think Jimmy Buffet selling more than Elvis on Amazon sounds like a total crock?

Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:16 am

It is plausible. They are totalling sales from their records, not overall record sales. It seems most Elvis fans don't feel the need to order their product through Amazon and that's no crime.

TINML

Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:05 pm

TINML,

You are right but i am afraid to see that Joe Public will buy a Beatles CD instead of an Elvis CD via internet.

Musically, the Beatles sell more to the non-fans because they were a great music band and today the bands in music rules.

However, I am sure Elvis is more popular overall in term of phenomenon of society.