Kids Do The Darndest Things.....

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Scatter
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Kids Do The Darndest Things.....

Post by Scatter »

At least 2 or three times a week, my 4 year old son Jordan will meet me at the door after I get home from work with a specific request. After I get the huge kiss and hug that makes the woes of the day melt like snow in August, he says "Daddy, can we watch Elvis in the black suit (or white suit if he prefers Aloha [his favorite] that day)??"

I will then dutifully climb to the loft (where the biggest TV and best audio components are) and put on the DVD of his choice. While I am busy setting this up, he will run to his closet to retrieve his black guitar, and microphone (as well as the red lei I got him if we are watching Aloha that day).

Then he will run to the loft and give me his guitar and red lei, saying "Daddy, you be Charlie (Hodge)." Meaning..... "Hand me these at the proper moment":lol:

Then, when the strains of 2001 begin wafting through the hallway connecting the loft and his bedroom, he will burst into the room when the drum solo begins.

Hands on his hips and pacing the length of the room, he will accept the adulation as the crowd goes berserk on the TV(I am also required at this point to clap enthusiastically and shout "ELVISELVISELVIS!!).

He recieves his guitar and lei from me at the appropriate moment and launches into a passionate version of CC Rider, the lei positioned over his hand just like Elvis.

Or if it is a 68 Special day.....he will simply stand with his legs apart,affecting as menacing a look as a 4 year old can muster, and deliver the raunchiest version of "Trouble" this side of Bourbon Street.

My Boy My Boy!!!!! It's GREAT being a dad!!!!!!:D

Rob

Post by Rob »

You're bringing him up right!
It is great that your son likes Elvis. However, now I can't get that damned Tammy Wynette song out of my head!

Kids, say the darndest things

Rusty Martin*
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by Rusty Martin* »

Scatter.....enjoy every moment...before you know it.. they are all grown up :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Topic author
Scatter

Post by Scatter »

Rusty.....you have NO idea how that thought depresses me. I tell him all the time that he never has to leave daddy......EVER :lol:
I have a disabled daughter, and Jordan was unplanned (and thankfully healthy). So my wife and I decided not to press our luck and I had some.....rearranging.... done surgically.

Now I'm starting to regret it. My daughter is from my wife's first marriage, so there seems to be no reason we couldn't have more healthy kids. It is simply unbelievably demanding raising a disabled child, so we decided to stop with the two we have.

But now......I dread not having a little one around after Jordan grows up. Maybe I can still slip a shot past the goalie :lol:

KHoots
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by KHoots »

Cool story, Scatter. Reminded me of my son at around the same age. He loved watching "Aloha From Hawaii," although he called it "A-HOO-ha." He was partial to the 2001 theme and Elvis coming onstage, in addition to "Johnny B. Goode," "Fever" and "Suspicious Minds." He also loved watching Ronnie Tutt. We were watching that show two or three times per day. I actually started feeling like, "Please don't ask to see Elvis!" :D

He is almost ten now, and although he doesn't ask to see Elvis very often, he still knows the words to the songs, and always perks up when it's on.

Rusty Martin*

Post by Rusty Martin* »

Scatter wrote:Rusty.....you have NO idea how that thought depresses me. I tell him all the time that he never has to leave daddy......EVER :lol:
I have a disabled daughter, and Jordan was unplanned (and thankfully healthy). So my wife and I decided not to press our luck and I had some.....rearranging.... done surgically.

Now I'm starting to regret it. My daughter is from my wife's first marriage, so there seems to be no reason we couldn't have more healthy kids. It is simply unbelievably demanding raising a disabled child, so we decided to stop with the two we have.

But now......I dread not having a little one around after Jordan grows up. Maybe I can still slip a shot past the goalie :lol:
Scatter.. you may have a disabled daughter.. but you have a child that is loved and gives love..re-arranged can be reversed....but if its your wife and yours choice not to add to the family you have.. thats cool..love is love.. make them as happy as you can.. enjoy every minute with them, take pictures at every opportunity.. they are gone so quickly from us.. I`m about to have my daughter married at the grand old age of 32.. something I thought would not happen.she suffers from epilectic fits we overcome those together.....never give up.. there is a child somewhere you might be able to help :wink:

Topic author
Scatter

Post by Scatter »

Thanks Rusty......according to my wife she was looking for a child to help.That's why she married me :oops:

Rusty Martin*

Post by Rusty Martin* »

Scatter wrote:Thanks Rusty......according to my wife she was looking for a child to help.That's why she married me :oops:
I know how she feels :roll: :wink: