Off Topic Messages

Star Wars III on DVD **UPDATE**

Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:28 pm

Fox has confirmed that the DVD of Star Wars: Episode III will street on 11/8. Also, expect news on a box set of all 6 films very soon.

Tom
Last edited by Tom in North Carolina on Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:04 pm

Its already out here TINC.. and very good it was too..£9.99 at HMV stores :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Star Wars III on DVD

Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:01 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Fox has confirmed that the DVD of Star Wars: Episode III will street on 11/8. Also, expect news on a box set of all 6 films very soon.

Tom

Man I just hope it is a repack vs a whole redo... :evil: Also if there is anything extra I of courese am gonnna be pissed.

Episode I was absent of 6 channel flag(encoding that makes the amplifier "detect" the 6th matrix channel). I always wondered if they fixed this on the last re-release. Though being able to tell what is a new release is also a problem. I sure wish these movies would have got the DTS treatment like Lord Of the Rings. To me that would be fantastic!

Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:22 pm

Lucasfilm is announcing a street date of 11/1 for the 2-disc DVD release of Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith. The DVD will feature a Dolby Digital 5.1 EX track. Extras will include an audio commentary, a full-length documentary produced by Lucasfilm Ltd, two new featurettes on the prophecy of Anakin Skywalker, and the film's stunt work, a 15-part collection of Lucasfilm's groundbreaking web documentary series, a two-level playable demo of Star Wars Battlefront II, and finally some deleted scenes and trailers.

Tom

Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:54 pm

COOL.

III is the best of the prequels.

An uncle of mine in Texas (who's in his 50s) went and saw it and liked it.

First SW film he's liked since the orig. 77 one.

Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:29 pm

Thanks for the info Tom. I loved this movie, I wish I could see it on the big screen once again.... maybe its still on at the $1 show.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:06 pm

I like the coverart and I find it welcome to go with the rest of the sets. I just hope that the box art is able to be retained by the ones that bought the rest....i.e. LOTR trilogy box mail in.

I long to complete the collection. Those who haven't seen the original trilogy are greatly missing out.

Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:53 pm

Elvis' Birthday in a galaxy far, far away....

http://www.lucasfilm.com/press/news/news20040112.html

ILM Starts the Episode III Space Battle
January 12, 2004

On Thursday, January 8, Director George Lucas turned over the first major action sequence of Star Wars: Episode III to the visual effects crew at Industrial Light & Magic. The film will open with a thrilling space battle that pits the forces of the Republic against the battleships of the Separatists.
Though ILM has already completed around 23-25 shots -- made up of small scenes of short duration -- the "turnover" of the space battle is significant as it represents one of the major action sequences in the film. It has been edited together with placeholder visual effects done by the Animatics Department, forming a sophisticated starting point for the finished shots to be delivered by ILM.

"Very soon now, you'll have the first two reels," George Lucas told Visual Effects Supervisor John Knoll. "There are two more scenes to cut." There are an estimated 2,000 visual effects shots in the film. Producer Rick McCallum has set a goal of at least 160 visual effects shots to be completed by May 2004, inspired by the benchmark set by Episode II. In May of 2001, approximately 160 visual effects shots were completed for Attack of the Clones, a year before release.

Story courtesy of http://www.starwars.com

Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:17 pm

*bump*

English subtitles in China

for more visit http://tinyurl.com/cbyqa

the site also lists this link http://www.engrish.com

Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:27 pm

Now that is what I call...Lost in Translation!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: