Off Topic Messages

"Remake of the day" news

Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:23 pm

The Poseidon Adventure, a remake of one of the great disaster movies of all time, is currently in production. That's the bad news, the good news is that it stars Kurt Russell and is being helmed by the great Wolfgang Petersen. Yeah, I know, it'll suck.

Also, a remake of the classic Peter Fonda/Warren Oates flick Race with the Devil is currently in production. Why oh why?????

Finally (????) Charlotte's Web is currently being remade with, of all people, Julia Roberts voiceing Charlotte. YUCK!!!!

Tom

Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:23 pm

I was hoping that Vin Diesel would actually have got the lead in "Alexander". That film managed to both suck and blow with Colin Farrell and his Oirish accent, not to mention Val Kilmer, "Oi'll boy ya da horse if'n ya can roid it!". (Alexander O' Great?)

But with Vin in the lead, that could have become so bad it would have been hilarious.

Geoff

Re: "Remake of the day" news

Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:07 am

Tom in North Carolina wrote:The Poseidon Adventure

Finally (????) Charlotte's Web is currently being remade with, of all people, Julia Roberts voiceing Charlotte. YUCK!!!!

Tom

It does have the amazingly talented Dakota Fanning voicing Fern though. That kid reminds me of the line in Fun in Acapulco - "You sure you're not a 40 yr old midget?" :)

Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:48 pm

Remakes = sad (most of the time)

Re: "Remake of the day" news

Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:03 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:The Poseidon Adventure, a remake of one of the great disaster movies of all time, is currently in production.

This is great news! :D Especially since Kurt Russell will be starring - ought to be much better than the original version. :D I mean every time I see the original version and watch Leslie Nielsen as the captain, I keep looking for him to tell the first mate "Don't call me Shirley" :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:02 pm

Hollywood must be running out of ideals for movies??????

Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:49 am

I'm just waiting for the Howard The Duck prequel.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:16 pm

epfan wrote:

Hollywood must be running out of ideals for movies??????

Ideals ?

Bit of a Freudian slip there, methinks !