Off Topic Messages

Titanic-SE Artwork **UPDATE**

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:47 pm

Set to street on October 18th, here is the artwork for both versions of the Titanic-Special Edition:

Tom
Last edited by Tom in North Carolina on Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:14 pm

Wow, 4 discs? What all is on them?

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:16 pm

This is the only movie ever I saw twice in the theater and I'll admit it.

I'm very much looking forward to retiring my non-anamorphic copy for the 4-disc set and seeing all the delated historical material. There reportedly will be a branching option to view
the 58 mins of additional scenes.

singing "My DVD Collection Will Go On....."

-------------

Further Details

Paramount Home Entertainment has released early details on two editions of the Oscar-winning Titanic which stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet. The film will be available in seperate two-disc and four-disc collector's editions. The two-disc special edition will include a branching feature, enabling fans to view a wide selection of never-before-seen footage. The four-disc collector's edition will be the ultimate for film and DVD enthusiasts - containing numerous deleted scenes, new in-depth documentaries that explore the odyssey of the making of the film and much more. The film itself will be presented in a brand new high definition transfer along with 6.1 Dolby Digital Audio offering the highest level of picture and sound quality on DVD. James Cameron commented: "The three year process of making Titanic seemed at times as arduous as the building of the original ship itself. Until recently, I wasn't really ready to dive back into it all and re-live the conflicts, disappointments, tough choices and, ultimately, the film's crazy, unexpected success. This special edition is more than just the hour or so of unseen footage we're including.we're taking fans on an untold journey, one which could have ended just as disastrously as Titanic's maiden voyage, and often seemed as if it would." Further details will follow shortly.

http://tinyurl.com/b7jbs

Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:36 pm

Tom -

I enjoyed seeing this film.

I thought the historical bits were caught in pretty accurate detail [mostly].

Pity about that silly [fictional] lurve story inserted into the plot.

As if the true drama wasn't exciting enough to stand alone !

Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:16 pm

Cannot believe TINC gave me this opening:-)

Shall I.....................?

Maybe not.

Not worth a Hill of beans:-)

Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:49 pm

MauriceinIreland wrote:Cannot believe TINC gave me this opening:-)
Shall I.....................? Maybe not.Not worth a Hill of beans:-)

Yeah, coming up with your own words has always been a problem for you. You got something to say, Billy Badass, say it.

Tom

Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:49 pm

I just hope the 2 disc set doesn't have stuff in addition to the 4 disc set.

If it is anything like the Pearl Harbor 4 disc set then it will be a winner!

Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:53 pm

From DVD Answers:

Paramount Home Entertainment has released early details on two editions of the Oscar-winning Titanic which stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet. The film will be available in seperate two-disc and four-disc collector's editions. The two-disc special edition will include a branching feature, enabling fans to view a wide selection of never-before-seen footage. The four-disc collector's edition will be the ultimate for film and DVD enthusiasts - containing numerous deleted scenes, new in-depth documentaries that explore the odyssey of the making of the film and much more. The film itself will be presented in a brand new high definition transfer along with 6.1 Dolby Digital Audio offering the highest level of picture and sound quality on DVD. James Cameron commented: "The three year process of making Titanic seemed at times as arduous as the building of the original ship itself. Until recently, I wasn't really ready to dive back into it all and re-live the conflicts, disappointments, tough choices and, ultimately, the film's crazy, unexpected success. This special edition is more than just the hour or so of unseen footage we're including.we're taking fans on an untold journey, one which could have ended just as disastrously as Titanic's maiden voyage, and often seemed as if it would." Further details will follow shortly.

Tom

Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:20 pm

*****UPDATE*****

The SE of Titanic will now be just a 3-disc set. Here is the new artwork which will (for some reason) feature egomaniac James Cameron's "signature" and picture. Gimme a break!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:36 pm

Yes that does suck. Titanic should have been a 4 disc set like Pearl Harbor and LOTR. What a tragedy. Hope the price point was at least changed.

As far as the pic...hopefully the powers that be will change that artwork again especially once word gets out at how ugly it is. I like Cameron, but like alot of people...needs a good jerk on his leash at times.

Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:19 pm

It's also a little unsettling how much he looks like Michael Gross of Family Ties fame. I keep expecting him to call Alex and Mallory to dinner :lol:

Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:21 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmm Mallory!!

Tom

Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:38 pm

TINC, You are sunk :shock:
http://press.xtvworld.com/modules.php?n ... e&sid=6197

Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:56 pm

So lame.

Tom