47%
Val Kilmer
11%
George Clooney
No votes

Total votes : 19

Favorite Batman

Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:23 am

Well since there is a Catwoman post.......I thought there should be a Batman post. So who is your favorite Batman? Michael Keaton would be mine he just fit the part and nailed that roll so well! I also like Adam West and Val Kilmer, George Clooney................kinda. But in my book Michael Keaton all they way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:56 am

Halle Barry!

Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:40 am

Adam West is the "Elvis" of Batman as far as I'm concerned.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:47 pm

Until the recent Batman Begins I would've gone for Michael Keaton. But Christian Bale owns the role!

As far as the 1966 tv series goes I was a fan. But there's no denying the fact that the campy show had little in common with Batman as conceived by Bob Kane in the comics.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:08 pm

Christian Bale should be on the poll. He's an official Batman now.

How about Lewis Wilson (the 1943 serial Batman) on the poll

or Robert Lowery (the 1949 serial batman)

--

Pete Dube wrote:As far as the 1966 tv series goes I was a fan. But there's no denying the fact that the campy show had little in common with Batman as conceived by Bob Kane in the comics.

Pete,

what effeminate fashion designer-turned-director Joel Schumacher did to the Batman and Robin characters (gayed-them-up and added suits with nipples and sculpted codpieces and buttcheeks) had nothing in common with Bob Kane's conception. In fact, Kane complained during production of the '95 film.

re: the 1966 tv show :
The show was modeled directly on what Batman the DC comic book itself had become by that time.
The periodical was campy.
There were outlandish sci-fi elements (Batman & Robin fight space aliens, and travel to other planets)
and no longer had that dark beyond-reproach mystery to him at all.
He was "good ol' Batman, deputized dude in a cowl & cape"
shake his hand and say hi when you see him downtown putting coins in the parking meter.

in the Sixties, the Batman on tv reflected the Batman that was on newsstands.

-- a Batman movie made in the 70s, based on what the comic became in the 70s would've been dark and tough.

the Gordon role in "Batman Begins" reminds me of 1970s comic Gordon-Batman friendship/alliance to fight crime.
Gary Oldman captured that.
Pat Hingle never did.

Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:49 am

Bale should be on the list as I think he's the best one yet....

but of the older Batman's...I liked Kilmer alot even though it was a terrible script and not what a Batman movie should be. I thought he fit the role well though. Keaton's Batman movies were much better than Kilmer's Batman movie, but I just felt like Kilmer was cut out for the role better.

Re: .

Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:57 am

Blue-Gypsy wrote:Halle Barry!

:lol: :lol: BG.....you're a man after my own heart :wink:

Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:40 pm

Got to be Adam West

No question...

Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:48 pm

Pete Dube wrote:Until the recent Batman Begins I would've gone for Michael Keaton. But Christian Bale owns the role!

As far as the 1966 tv series goes I was a fan. But there's no denying the fact that the campy show had little in common with Batman as conceived by Bob Kane in the comics.

I just saw "Batman Begins" today - it was an awesome movie. They did a really good job with it. And I agree with Pete - Christian Bale is now the Batman to beat.

The previews for Fantastic 4 looked great - might have to catch that one as well...

Rich

Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:41 pm

Sam u l ... ozzie actor.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:57 am

iamhekev wrote:Sam u l ... ozzie actor.

Thank you Kev :D :oops:

:P

Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:22 pm

My favorite Batman is Bruce Wayne :wink:

I think Christian Bale did a great job and I'm looking forward to see him again as the Dark Knight.