Off Topic Messages

Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:57 am

SuspiciousMinds wrote:L.E.D watches...you know the kind where you pushed the button and it glowed in red..and also ate batteries so bad that you had to change them every other month..

OHHHHH Yeah!!!! Those were the big thing......I used to get under the covers of my bed to make it dark just because it looked soooooo cool !!

I had most of the action figures mentioned here,but I haven't seen anyone mention "Johnny West".There was a whole pile of other western style type figures that went along him, but Johnny was the main character.
Does anyone remember these dolls? oops,umm, I mean Action figures.

DANG Suspicious!!!!! I had one of these and had COMPLETELY forgotten about it!!!!!!Just got the warm fuzzies :lol:

Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:18 am

Scatter wrote:Hi Net!!! Yes, my wife has at least 100-150 of them stashed in a box. I still dig them out for a chuckle now and again :D . Do you remember the gum that came in the pack?? It was like cardboard too :shock: [/color]

You're sitting on some fast cash Scatter; they're getting so difficult to find, lucky you! I remember the gum well, hilarious to think about the horrid quality, since the stickers were top-notch in artwork :lol:

Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:24 am

I can remember a friend telling me about his sister having a slumber party and watching her girlfriends in their pajamas playing Twister. I used to, Uh, I mean he used to enjoy that game.

I don't know anything about the game, myself.

Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:31 am

Rob wrote:I can remember a friend telling me about his sister having a slumber party and watching her girlfriends in their pajamas playing Twister. I used to, Uh, I mean he used to enjoy that game.

I don't know anything about the game, myself.

I knew an "acquaintance" myself, just like that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:42 pm

Scatter wrote:
SuspiciousMinds wrote:L.E.D watches...you know the kind where you pushed the button and it glowed in red..and also ate batteries so bad that you had to change them every other month..

OHHHHH Yeah!!!! Those were the big thing......I used to get under the covers of my bed to make it dark just because it looked soooooo cool !!

I had most of the action figures mentioned here,but I haven't seen anyone mention "Johnny West".There was a whole pile of other western style type figures that went along him, but Johnny was the main character.
Does anyone remember these dolls? oops,umm, I mean Action figures.

DANG Suspicious!!!!! I had one of these and had COMPLETELY forgotten about it!!!!!!Just got the warm fuzzies :lol:

Oh yes,that would be the one I was speaking of..thanks for the pic Scatter.

Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:58 pm

Anyone here have "Clackers"???

How they could get away with selling plastic death implements like these amazes me :lol: . For those unfamiliar with these killers, the string was held in the middle, and then the plastic balls were smashed together with ever escalating violence from top to bottom until they hit your tooth, eye socket, or little brother :shock:

Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:20 am

What about this one...

Or this one....

And if you were from a fortunate household you got this one...

Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:03 pm

DAMN..I had the Green "bad guy" stretch armstrong.....and Big Wheels...Ahh the memories.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:58 am

Tony.......I always wanted the Green Machine!!!!!! Alas......I already had a BigWheel when these came out, and I was unable to convince my father that it was IMPERATIVE that I have the Green one. Selfish bastard... :lol:

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:37 am

We used to give our Big Wheels hell. I was still riding mine at 9 and 10 years old. We would find the biggest hill in town and take off!

The original Big Wheel was much better at handling high speeds than the Big Green Machine (contrary to popular belief)

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:38 am

l.
Last edited by Blue-Gypsy on Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:50 am

Tony -
I can't help but notice that many of your posts are doubled. What seems to be the trouble here?

Could it be that you just want to ensure that you get your point across?

If so, you reached me.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:54 am

Remember those Doubleming Comercials from the 70's?

Well there you go.

lol I don't know what is going on.