Off Topic Messages

Luther Vandross dies at 53

Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:26 am

So the BBC are reporting...

Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:34 am

he was 54

Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:39 am

NEW YORK (AFP) - Legendary American soul singer Luther Vandross died at the age of 54, two years after suffering a devastating stroke that left him debilitated for the rest of his life, a hospital spokesman told AFP.

The Grammy Award-winning musical star died at the John F. Kennedy Medical Center in Edison, in the eastern US state of New Jersey.

"At 1:47pm (1747 GMT) at the JFK Medical Center, Luther Vandross had a peaceful passing under the watchful eyes of friends, family and his medical support team," said hospital spokesman Robert Cavanaugh.

"Luther Vandross suffered a stroke two years ago which he never fully recovered from. "Luther was deeply touched by all the thoughts and wishes from his fans," Cavanaugh said.

A sad loss......he was the Johnny Mathis of our generation. If you couldn't get a girl to make out with you while Luther was playin'........ :shock:

Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:43 am

I jus heard about this... :cry:

54 is still way too damn young, he was a great talent!!!

I usually hear Here and Now almost everyday at work and now
it will seem to be nostalgic in a way...

R.I.P Luther.

Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:26 pm

Hi song 'Dance with my father' is proberly one of the greatest songs i,ve ever heard.
He put so much feeling into that song but now he has passed it is even more meaningful.

Another fantastic singer who's life was cut short too early. :cry:

Sean

Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:32 pm

I wasn't a fan, but the man had a terrific voice! RIP Luther Vandross.

Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:43 am

Pete Dube wrote:I wasn't a fan, but the man had a terrific voice! RIP Luther Vandross.

Well said Pete!