Off Topic Messages

A request

Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:23 pm

Folks -
I'm going to be having some minor surgery tomorrow (lazer surgery on my sinuses). It's not supposed to be anything complicated, but all the same I'd like to ask for your prayers, Buddist chants, wiccan spells, druid incantations, native-Amercian spirit dances, and what have you.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:24 pm

Pete,
All my prayers.

Tom

Re: A request

Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:38 pm

Pete Dube wrote:Folks -
I'm going to be having some minor surgery tomorrow (lazer surgery on my sinuses). It's not supposed to be anything complicated, but all the same I'd like to ask for your prayers, Buddist chants, wiccan spells, druid incantations, native-Amercian spirit dances, and what have you.

You missed out "Elvis dances" :evil:

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:21 pm

My prayers are with you Pete.

jeffR

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:24 pm

Pete -

I don't know about prayers, but I wish you all the best, anyway !

Good Luck !

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:26 pm

I'm praying for the best, good luck!

TINML

Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:22 pm

All the best Pete.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:00 pm

All the best Pete..and whatever you do don't sneeze! :shock:

All the best.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:46 pm

ColinB wrote:Pete -

I don't know about prayers, but I wish you all the best, anyway !

Good Luck !

Actually Colin, you could offer up some prayers to those E.T.'s or inter-dimensional beings you mentioned during our last 'God' debate ........ on second thought forget about that Colin. With my luck those E.T's will be the kind that abduct people and give them anal probes! But then again, maybe that anal probe will also serve to clear my sinuses - given how some are of the opinion that I have my head up my a$$! :lol:
(As you can tell I'm trying to keep my mood light!)

Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:58 pm

Pete

I wish you good luck.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:35 am

I include my friends in my daily prayer, including Elvis fans from the board. I'll be sure, though, to ask the man upstairs for a special favor in your case Pete. Best wishes, too...and get well soon.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:58 am

Pete -

You wrote:
Actually Colin, you could offer up some prayers to those E.T.'s or inter-dimensional beings you mentioned during our last 'God' debate ........

Well, if there are such things, they don't respond to prayers !

Good to see you are keeping your spirits up !

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:48 am

Thanks for the kind words and well wishes friends! It's 10:45pm here in S.C. I've got to get up at 5:00 am or so because the surgery is scheduled on the early side. So I'm signing off. Thanks again, and I'll try to check in tomorrow evening.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:36 am

Pete -
Let us know how things go. We'll be thinking of you.

Leave the nurses alone.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:45 am

Good luck and all my prayers...and Colin's absent ones are with you!

Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:54 am

You know I'm praying for you buddy.....

Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:43 pm

All the best Pete. :D

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:58 pm

Hi friends -
I got through the surgery with flying colors! No adverse reaction to the anesthesia, I was able to eat an hour or so ago with no problems. There's no real swelling of which to speak. I've got a bit of a sore throat , a slight cough due to drainage, and I'm peeing like a friggin' racehorse due to the constant fluid consumption I'm required to take in. But other than that I'm feeling pretty good! In no time at all I should be back up to par fighting for truth, justice, and the Pamela Anderson way here on the FECC board!

I got some great dvd's to tide me over the weekend. The Big Red One; The Phantom of the Opera (2-disc version); and last but not least Elvis By The Presley's!

Again my most hearfelt thanks for all the prayers, kind words, and well-wishes. If we ever have that get-together at GG's that Scatter wrote about a couple of weeks ago, the cigars & British ale are on me!

Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:03 pm

Great news!!! It was Colin's non prayers that did it, I bet. Now, take it easy.

Tom

P.S. The new Big Red One rocks!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:01 am

Pete -

Great news !

Enjoy the DVD's !

Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:29 am

[quote="Tom in North Carolina"]Great news!!! It was Colin's non prayers that did it, I bet. Now, take it easy.

Tom

Tom.......you are one funny S.O.B!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:29 pm

Great to hear that all is well, Pete. :D

Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:50 am

All the best with the opp....

er...oops, to late, Glad it all went well!!! :D

8)

Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:56 am

babes.. we are always with you.. relax...dont worry....I`ll wear my nurses outfit :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:33 am

Rusty Martin* wrote:babes.. we are always with you.. relax...dont worry....I`ll wear my nurses outfit :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I thought that one was specialy for me!!!! :oops:

:wink: