Off Topic Messages

Actor's daughter found dead in West Hollywood

Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:06 pm

WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) — Domino Harvey, a model-turned-bounty hunter who's being played by Keira Knightley in the upcoming action movie Domino, has died. She was 35.

The British-born Harvey was pronounced dead at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center just after 11 p.m. Monday, said coroner's Lt. Larry Deitz. She was taken to the hospital after being found in her West Hollywood home, sheriff's Lt. Mary Michael said.

British news reports said Harvey was found unconscious in her bathtub. Local police, however, said no information about the case would be made public pending completion of the investigation.

An autopsy was scheduled Wednesday afternoon, but the cause of death likely will not be released until results of blood tests are returned, said Brenda Shafer, a spokeswoman for the county coroner's office.

Harvey, the daughter of the original The Manchurian Candidate star Laurence Harvey, gave up a lucrative Ford modeling career and socialite life to become a bounty hunter.

"Domino never failed to surprise or inspire me over the last 12 years. She was a free spirit like no other I have ever known," said Domino director Tony Scott in a statement.

Domino is scheduled for release on Nov. 4.

Harvey was arrested in West Hollywood in May on drug charges. She also faced federal charges of conspiring to distribute drugs, crossing state lines for unlawful activity and having property used in or obtained through criminal activity in U.S. District Court in Gulfport, Miss.

"... although our film is not intended as a biographical piece, hers was the dynamic personality and indomitable spirit that spawned an exciting adventure, not just on screen, but in real life," Domino producer Samuel Hadida said in a statement.

Tom

Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:39 am

I didn't know the actress at all, but young casualties are always a sad thing.