Off Topic Messages

Going to Lisa Marie Presley Concert!

Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:28 pm

I'll be seeing Lisa Marie tomorrow night in Dallas Texas!! I'm so excited to see her again! Was hoping for Meet & Greet passes to come through, but I dont guess they didn't. Its gonna be great!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:44 pm

See, this is why their needs to be no expiration date on restraining orders. Lisa, watch your back!!!!

Tom

Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:44 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:See, this is why their needs to be no expiration date on restraining orders. Lisa, watch your back!!!!

Tom

LOL @ Tom! Lisa, you'd better watch your back! Jeff's on his way!

Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:33 pm

Lucky jeff....please post a rundown of the show when you get back........unless the authorities detain you for your own protection? :shock:

Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:31 pm

Well I'm back from my trip to Dallas!!! :D :D :D What a trip it was! We went to the concert at the Lakewood theater, there was prolly like a thousand or so people at the concert it was an old movie house that they now have concerts at, and was pretty cool. My group I was with we took turns waiting and keeping our spot in line and when we got in we got seats in the second row! When she came on stage I went up front and she was perfoming right in front of me! She looked soooo cute and sounded great! She sang a mixture of songs from her 2 CDs and was on stage about an hour and a half. After the concert my frineds wanted to go out by her bus to see if we could see her again. I was like "I cant even see 5ft in front of me out here its too dark!" Well we waited a while and then the security guards started moving us back up on the curb. Then a man that worked for Lisa came out and said Lisa was going to meet EVERYONE waiting on her, but please be very fast and no pictures with her but you could take pictures of her and she would be able to sign only one thing so everyone could get a chance to meet her!!! Well we all got in line and she came out and started to sign and greet the fans! When I got up to her I told her how much I really liked her music and that the concert that nite was just fantastic, and how much we had alse enjoyed seeing her at the Texas fair in 2003!! She kept saying "Oh, Thank you so much!" & I had her sign my "Elvis By The Presleys" CD! She was so very sweet and generous with her fans, and she looked and sounded really great Tuesday nite! Honestly I couldn't have asked for a better experience! It was a wonderfull time, and I hope to meet her again someday! I'll try to find the whole set list and see if I can find some pictures from the show to post!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:39 am

Soooooo.....I take it you had a good time, then?

Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:52 am

JEFF d wrote:She was so very sweet and generous with her fans, and she looked and sounded really great

Like Father, like Daughter.
Thanks for letting us know how it went.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:16 am

Set List:
I'll Figure It Out
S.O.B.
Turbulance
Indifferent
Raven
Road Between
Now What?
Dirty Laundry (she dedicated this to Nancy Grace lol)
Thanx
Lights Out
Sinking In
Idiot
ENCORE:
Yellow To Blue (first time ever played live)
Here Today...

Yes I had a really great time! I'm trying to post a picture someone took of her when she came out to sign autographs for us. She has the biggest smile I have ever seen her give in my life! For those of you that say she never smiles! lol

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:53 pm

Thanks for the post and glad to read that you had a great time Jeff, also happy to find out how friendly Lisa was to all of her fans, awesome!

Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:37 am

Wow - that's awesome that you got to talk to her, and she signed your EBTP CD.

I keep forgetting that I have her new CD - I've only played it once, and listened to "Dirty Laundry" and the bonus "hidden" track of a Ramones song (which she does very well).

Try to upload a pic, Jeff. Would be cool to see...

Rich

Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:21 am

OK here she is signing someones shoe! lol
http://tinypic.com/6i8bhd.jpg

Here is a pic some one was able to sneak in the concert with their cell phone:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b86/akwcrw/Image004.jpg

Hope you all like them!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:42 am

http://tinypic.com/6i5ljl.jpg Look who else showed up, tacky! Before anyone asks NO neither one of those guys is me JEFF d!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:27 pm

JEFF d wrote:http://tinypic.com/6i5ljl.jpg Look who else showed up, tacky! Before anyone asks NO neither one of those guys is me JEFF d!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

What the heck was Engelbert doing there? Those are cool pics, Jeff. Would love to see more! Lisa looked fantastic. Glad to see you had a great time.

Lisa is scheduled to be in Oshkosh, WI in a few weeks, and I really don't know if I want to drive three hours to see the show; especially since I am going to Memphis in August. But, your experience has me thinking.....

Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:34 pm

JEFF d wrote:Look who else showed up, tacky! Before anyone asks NO neither one of those guys is me JEFF d!

Jeff -
It's ok. We understand. It is a great picture of you and your Dad. :wink:

Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:48 pm

Rob wrote:
JEFF d wrote:Look who else showed up, tacky! Before anyone asks NO neither one of those guys is me JEFF d!

Jeff -
It's ok. We understand. It is a great picture of you and your Dad. :wink:

I'm not sure if this means anything but Jeff did mention that I John was his favorite song! (Sorry Jeff, I couldn't resist).

Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:50 pm

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! No C.C. Rider and I Got A Woman/Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!! No Oh Sol'e Mio!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I sure won;t be forking out my cash to see her show! :P JK :lol:

Thanks for providing the set list Jeff - it looks like it was a killer show!

As for the guy showing up dressed like Elvis, I hope the worms eat his flesh for being so tacky like that !

Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:46 am

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/ ... guide2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/ ... guide1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/ ... cguide.jpg

Finally some decient shots from the concert its self!! For those that would like to see them! :D

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:56 pm

You call those shots "decent," Jeff?! Those are awesome! I wish to God I hadn't seen those today, though, because Lisa is performing in Oshkosh, WI tonight, which is only about two hours away, and I can't make it.

Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:00 pm

KHoots wrote:You call those shots "decent," Jeff?! Those are awesome! I wish to God I hadn't seen those today, though, because Lisa is performing in Oshkosh, WI tonight, which is only about two hours away, and I can't make it.

No your wrong KHoots! She had to reschedule the last part of this tour, so she should be coming your way, but just at a later date! The new tour dates should be up soon, I would go if I was you! Keep checking, if I hear anything I will let you know. She is not playing there tonight, I can guarantee you that so you have time. She is great! Yea the pictures are more that decent, they are awesome!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:01 am

Thanks for that, Jeff. I will have to keep watch for the updates. Thanks, again!