Off Topic Messages

JAWS

Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:18 pm

I just watched the new special edition. Nothing really changed in the look and sound....but the extra time on the old documentary is worth checking out and "from the set" made in 1974.

On a side note...this link may get to you as it did me of recent news!!! I wonder if they heard the theme song in their heads??

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... ark_attack

Also for those that care, if you want to see something intersting....Spielberg was pissed about not getting the best Director nomination. On the "MANIAC" special edition Joe Spinnell from Rocky(the loan shark) is with him when the announcements are made. It cracks me up because, while Steve is reeling and agonizing, Joe is screaming who do you think directed the movie the got nominated for best picture....THE SHARK???!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:58 pm

PENSACOLA, Fla. - A teenage boy was critically injured Monday in the second shark attack in three days along the Florida Panhandle.

The boy, whose age and name were not released, was taken to Bay Medical Center in Panama City. The nature of his injuries was not immediately released.

He was attacked off Cape San Blas, a popular vacation destination about 80 miles southeast of the Destin area where 14-year-old Jamie Marie Daigle of Gonzales, La., was killed by a shark on Saturday.

Tom

Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:32 pm

Da dum....da dum...dadumdadumdadum

I think we're gonna need a bigger boat!

Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:31 pm

I thought I saw on the news last night that a girl in Florida was killed by a shark last weekend! How sad!

I got the new 30th edition DVD, I only had the VHS so it was time to upgrade, I enjoyed watching it in widescreen and seeing the documentary. It really brought back memories of the summer of '75! Classic horror movie.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:55 am

I remember going to see Jaws in 75......I dumped my popcorn and Pepsi all over my lap when that green head emerged from the hull of that sunken boat!!! Great flick!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:11 am

ah, one of 2 horror flicks that originated from the Great Long Island...

I loved that movie as a kid, but even to this day, I still look up, down, all around, (LOL) every time I step into the ocean water!!!

that movie ruined me from going to the beach in peace! :shock:

on a sad note: I heard about that girl that was killed by that shark in Florida and my deepest sympathies go out to her family. terrible tragedy.

Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:42 pm

time changes how you look at things.

Back in '74 when they shot the movie at Martha's Vineyard, the residents there didn't like the idea of a shark attack film being made there, and seeing that fake fin out there in their water.

but today, residents of Martha's Vineyard are doing a full-blown event celebrating the 30th anniversary of the film.

--

is the 30th dvd content really any different than the 2-tape 25th anniversary release?